Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 25 Oct 2016, 08:29 (Ref:3682694)   #1001
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
This comes under 'other changes'
Mat Fernandez has twitted that the ACO will be providing 7000 free parking spaces near the track next year. Not sure what 'near' means. And free museum entry for full week ticket holders.
Free museum entry will be a nice change, must have spent quite a bit over the years, last went 2 years ago so expecting a few changes
Old 25 Oct 2016, 17:38 (Ref:3682797)   #1002
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It was much the same this year Simon as I remembered from 5-6 years ago, just a few newer specimens near the end. Still it kept my lad occupied for a couple of hours!
Old 26 Oct 2016, 15:46 (Ref:3683072)   #1003
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Free museum entry will be a nice change, must have spent quite a bit over the years, last went 2 years ago so expecting a few changes
I've never been! This could be the excuse I've been waiting for. I may have a newbie with me this year too.
Old 26 Oct 2016, 17:51 (Ref:3683126)   #1004
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's definitely worth doing every ten years or so - certainly if you've never been and even more certainly if it's free!
Old 26 Oct 2016, 18:04 (Ref:3683137)   #1005
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrimage View Post
I've never been! This could be the excuse I've been waiting for. I may have a newbie with me this year too.
Well if you are that close pop in an say hello at TR free wine if we are there Gavin
Old 27 Oct 2016, 11:31 (Ref:3683349)   #1006
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
It's definitely worth doing every ten years or so - certainly if you've never been and even more certainly if it's free!
'every ten years or so'!
Old 27 Oct 2016, 17:19 (Ref:3683415)   #1007
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
'every ten years or so'!
Andrew only spends just over a week there so you can't expect him to go to the museum more than once a decade
Old 27 Oct 2016, 18:08 (Ref:3683424)   #1008
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I've only been twice. Once about 5 years ago and again this year, and with the exception of some of the cars at the extrance and exit of the museum, it was exactly the same. Interesting, but not enough to hold my attention for more than an hour and a half. But a must if you've never been before.
Old 27 Oct 2016, 23:08 (Ref:3683470)   #1009
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I've only been twice. Once about 5 years ago and again this year, and with the exception of some of the cars at the extrance and exit of the museum, it was exactly the same. Interesting, but not enough to hold my attention for more than an hour and a half. But a must if you've never been before.
I've been to the museum just once, maybe 5 years ago? Enjoyed it, didn't begrudge a cent of the admission price, and if it's free this year with my ticket may well go again. There are some lovely bits - Mrs Isynge was particularly struck by the Jean Rondeau story - the win, the tilting at windmills, the lovely 482, and the tragically early end - all of which is really nicely put together.

90 minutes is plenty for it - and let's face it, even with vast sprawling museums like the V&A where there's content to comfortably fill 90 times 90 minutes, you don't want to consume that all at once.
Old 28 Oct 2016, 07:25 (Ref:3683547)   #1010
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Yes i must admit the times i haved been recently have always been with people fresh to le mans who have not been to the museum before, but i always find something new
Old 31 Oct 2016, 11:00 (Ref:3684250)   #1011
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The museum also has an extensive Gift Shop and well kept toilet facilities.
Old 4 Nov 2016, 05:59 (Ref:3685258)   #1012
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
The museum also has an extensive Gift Shop.....
Hopefully different staff to this year. Even at a quiet time (Tuesday), I waited about 40 minutes to be served.
Old 4 Nov 2016, 09:03 (Ref:3685277)   #1013
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Hopefully different staff to this year. Even at a quiet time (Tuesday), I waited about 40 minutes to be served.
so you did visit the museum?
Old 5 Nov 2016, 17:46 (Ref:3685565)   #1014
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yep.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2703.JPG  
Old 5 Nov 2016, 21:38 (Ref:3685613)   #1015
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Young with the young-people there Ayse - doing a selfie! .
You are only missing the Selfie-stick!
Old 6 Nov 2016, 09:56 (Ref:3685897)   #1016
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
He will be getting a tattoo next, now where is there an expanse of hairless skin for that distinctive le mans track outline by the way Andrew will be down in lymington next week visiting one of the guys who were with me at le mans
Old 6 Nov 2016, 21:15 (Ref:3686050)   #1017
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
He will be getting a tattoo next, now where is there an expanse of hairless skin for that distinctive le mans track outline by the way Andrew will be down in lymington next week visiting one of the guys who were with me at le mans
No chance Simon, can't stand the things.......
Old 6 Nov 2016, 21:15 (Ref:3686051)   #1018
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Young with the young-people there Ayse - doing a selfie! .
You are only missing the Selfie-stick!
Most of my selfies are complete failures, I always look at the wrong part of the camera!
Old 7 Nov 2016, 16:01 (Ref:3686242)   #1019
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Most of my selfies are complete failures, I always look at the wrong part of the camera!
If it was up your arse you'd know where to look....

jimclark
Old 7 Nov 2016, 19:58 (Ref:3686298)   #1020
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That's true, but I'm not sure I'd be publishing the pictures......
Old 8 Nov 2016, 15:22 (Ref:3686532)   #1021
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
So we now have visual proof that you're a museum piece, Andrew.......
Old 8 Nov 2016, 18:47 (Ref:3686577)   #1022
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Many a true word spoken in jest! I did indeed have to hurry through lest they got the notion that I belong in a glass case.......
Old 9 Nov 2016, 10:56 (Ref:3686725)   #1023
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
News here on more resurfacing works, and some tarmac runoff at the end of the Corvette curve gravel trap.

Also, a combined Porsche Carrera Cup France and GB filed will be one of the support races.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2016/1...otebook-2.html
Old 19 Feb 2017, 10:49 (Ref:3713129)   #1024
Mike E
Veteran

'Other changes'

Nissan GT-R LM NISMO Placed In Musée Des 24 Heures Du Mans

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/0...s-du-mans.html
Old 19 Feb 2017, 12:40 (Ref:3713150)   #1025
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well i suspect Nissan were keen to get rid of it not sure they want to remember that black spot on their le mans history