Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 1 Jun 2019, 14:33 (Ref:3907282)   #1226
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Basically they are the two Group C I would like. Although I wouldn’t say no to a Sauber C9.
Old 1 Jun 2019, 14:37 (Ref:3907283)   #1227
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Basically they are the two Group C I would like. Although I wouldn’t say no to a Sauber C9.
Indeed. Anyway back to the thread.
Old 2 Jun 2019, 07:40 (Ref:3907461)   #1228
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is the official WEC/24hr iOS app failing to load for anyone else? (There are no updates in the AppStore so I am on the latest version)
Old 2 Jun 2019, 07:42 (Ref:3907462)   #1229
AndyN
Rookie

England
Somerset, naturalised
AndyN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
Is the official WEC/24hr iOS app failing to load for anyone else? (There are no updates in the AppStore so I am on the latest version)
Doesn’t work for me either
Old 2 Jun 2019, 08:33 (Ref:3907468)   #1230
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It opens for me and shows the time remaining in the session but there is no data.
Old 2 Jun 2019, 09:11 (Ref:3907472)   #1231
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
It opens for me and shows the time remaining in the session but there is no data.
Seems to be working now.
Old 2 Jun 2019, 09:14 (Ref:3907473)   #1232
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep, up and running now here too....
Old 2 Jun 2019, 10:50 (Ref:3907482)   #1233
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Better live timing: https://timing.71wytham.org.uk/
Old 2 Jun 2019, 14:20 (Ref:3907500)   #1234
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
How much are we betting that the first RTLM race still won't get any coverage, only the second. It really wastes the value

For Ferrari Challenge, there might be a chance it's live streamed on Corse Clienti homepage, seeing as they seem to be doing at least the NA rounds there now
https://races.ferrari.com/en/corse-clienti/live/
Old 2 Jun 2019, 14:42 (Ref:3907503)   #1235
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
How much are we betting that the first RTLM race still won't get any coverage, only the second. It really wastes the value
It would be pretty crappy coverage since the cameras do not cover all of the circuit until Saturday.

So I understand why they don't broadcast it all because it would look pretty bad especially if it was on Eurosport.
Old 2 Jun 2019, 14:48 (Ref:3907504)   #1236
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
It would be pretty crappy coverage since the cameras do not cover all of the circuit until Saturday.

So I understand why they don't broadcast it all because it would look pretty bad especially if it was on Eurosport.
That's true but they can fault only themselves for not having full circuit coverage until the start of warm-up. The circuit is open for track action all through Thursday thanks to supports circulating at 8.30AM already so it's not like they haven't got the time to do the installs that day already

Anyway they could go away with it if they had even like 5 onboard cameras, plus CCTV for incidents

I've said it before but it's pretty funny how the biggest event of the Michelin Le Mans Cup also has by far the worst coverage
Old 5 Jun 2019, 20:33 (Ref:3908166)   #1237
Deleted
Veteran

TV distribution 2019
https://press.fiawec.com/assets/file...7918a2f56c.pdf
Old 6 Jun 2019, 14:44 (Ref:3908289)   #1238
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Thanks, I was still unsure how Motortrend was going to be showing the race in the US. According to that chart it will be on tv and through their streaming service. Based on the tv coverage they claimed for WEC races thus far this year we may or may not be getting the entire 24 hours on tv as they claim. For the WEC races they would list it as being on tv, but then would actually be showing some of their own classic car programs instead.
Old 6 Jun 2019, 17:13 (Ref:3908310)   #1239
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
So much easier to actually go the le mans and watch it live
Old 6 Jun 2019, 18:00 (Ref:3908320)   #1240
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
So much easier to actually go the le mans and watch it live
Perhaps for those who can drive there, yes. We're not all as fortunate.

The chart is a bit confusing. The WEC app only lists "Live race and official timing", which says nothing about qualifying or practice.

Is it safe to assume that we'll have qualifying from the app as we've had in the past? I paid for the race through the app and plan to watch it through my VPN.

Alternatively I suppose I could get a free trial of Motortrend on Demand. Does anyone know if there is a free trial somehow of Eurosport that I could watch through a VPN? Would I need to give them an address in a qualifying area to make that happen?
Old 6 Jun 2019, 18:05 (Ref:3908321)   #1241
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I was only joking, i am very fortunate that i can drive there and spa and silverstone to watch the type of racing i love
Old 6 Jun 2019, 20:22 (Ref:3908349)   #1242
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That’s good to know Freeview peasants like me can still watch it on Quest
Old 6 Jun 2019, 21:09 (Ref:3908354)   #1243
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
The chart is a bit confusing. The WEC app only lists "Live race and official timing", which says nothing about qualifying or practice.

Is it safe to assume that we'll have qualifying from the app as we've had in the past? I paid for the race through the app and plan to watch it through my VPN.
Probably (is safe), because that listing just seems to be pretty incomplete. It also lists just "Full race live" for Eurosport Player but I can already see the all the Wednesday-Thursday practice/qualy sessions on the schedule as expected.

Quote:
Does anyone know if there is a free trial somehow of Eurosport that I could watch through a VPN? Would I need to give them an address in a qualifying area to make that happen?
I don't know about trials, some countries might have them but even if you manage to get one or buy it at least the Android app requires location service (GPS) permission, so VPN alone won't work.

Last edited by deggis; 6 Jun 2019 at 21:17.
Old 7 Jun 2019, 08:49 (Ref:3908414)   #1244
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I didn't know that! Thank you
Old 7 Jun 2019, 12:53 (Ref:3908450)   #1245
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Probably (is safe), because that listing just seems to be pretty incomplete. It also lists just "Full race live" for Eurosport Player but I can already see the all the Wednesday-Thursday practice/qualy sessions on the schedule as expected.

I don't know about trials, some countries might have them but even if you manage to get one or buy it at least the Android app requires location service (GPS) permission, so VPN alone won't work.
Thanks for the reply Deggis. In my opinion you're always the most knowledgeable when it comes to these matters.
Old 7 Jun 2019, 13:57 (Ref:3908465)   #1246
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Or take a free month of Eurosport player on trial and then cancel after the weekend...

I'm buying this year (assuming I don't make it down!) after "trialling" last year.
Old 7 Jun 2019, 14:01 (Ref:3908468)   #1247
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Nice spot! Suddenly I'm interested again
Old 7 Jun 2019, 15:04 (Ref:3908482)   #1248
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Need to post links of on board streams during the race as we find them. Hopefully we get Porsche and Ford to go all out with them this year. Ford did that in 2016 and 2017. Last year I don't think they had any. I think Porsche has them but its hard to find.
Old 8 Jun 2019, 00:05 (Ref:3908561)   #1249
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The WEC app should have lots of in car. I don't suppose anyone knows who yet?
Old 8 Jun 2019, 15:30 (Ref:3908646)   #1250
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
The WEC app should have lots of in car. I don't suppose anyone knows who yet?
Usually Toyotas, Rebellion(s), some random LMP2s, in GTE Pro whoever pays the most for the cameras so probably again all Fords and Porsches.