Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 1 Nov 2022, 14:36 (Ref:4132340)   #251
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Does anyone else see some similarities with the Mazda dpi at the front of the Ferrari?
I was thinking more any of the Ferrari GTs myself.
Old 1 Nov 2022, 17:08 (Ref:4132349)   #252
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Definitely one good looking car there, especially in Ferrari red. If it’s as good as it looks, they are in for a lot of success
Old 3 Nov 2022, 10:27 (Ref:4132507)   #253
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
I have a feeling the interest for the car from both Ferrari owners and enthusiasts on one hand and prospective racers/teams on the other, will be overwhelming. When teams are willing and able to foot the bill for a privateer Porsche Hypercar/GTP program (with the price of the car alone to be approx. $3,5 millions) I expect plenty of them to be chasing a similar program with the 'sacred' Ferrari name on the bonnet for perhaps as much as double that number. Once Ferrari truly realizes that appetite, I cannot see them not building and selling cars to privateers (and maybe they've already understand the full potential of this project and are close to committing to exactly that).
Are not LMDh/GTP cars subject to a much lower cost cap than LMH cars as they are based on a number of approved manufacturers including Multimatic?

So I thought Privateers would go GTP route.

Thought Ferrari were/are embarrassed by ‘their’ last ever LM victory?
Old 3 Nov 2022, 14:48 (Ref:4132534)   #254
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The base might be cheaper across the development of LMDh vs Hypercar, but Porsche is going to require you buy the spares and support they want and according to many reports show you have the funding and team to run the car for the season. They can only make so many a year and want them racing not stored like the SRO GT2 cars seemed to be. I would guess the same rules would be applied to purchase of Acura, Caddy, BMW, Lamborghini and anyone else jumping in.
Old 3 Nov 2022, 20:58 (Ref:4132551)   #255
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Cant wait to see it on the grid. I hope theres customer cars in the future. Seeing one in imsa would be great. I like the information on them running 2 cars from almost the onset of testing. Covering over 10k km in the months from this summer is a big achievement.
Old 4 Nov 2022, 18:48 (Ref:4132643)   #256
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
The base might be cheaper across the development of LMDh vs Hypercar, but Porsche is going to require you buy the spares and support they want and according to many reports show you have the funding and team to run the car for the season. They can only make so many a year and want them racing not stored like the SRO GT2 cars seemed to be. I would guess the same rules would be applied to purchase of Acura, Caddy, BMW, Lamborghini and anyone else jumping in.
Would it be any different if buying Peugeot or Ferrari Hypercar? Probably not.
Old 17 Nov 2022, 08:10 (Ref:4134014)   #257
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I see Mick Schumacher is looking for a drive could we see behind the wheel of the Ferrari 499P next year at Le Mans and in the WEC...???
Old 17 Nov 2022, 09:57 (Ref:4134020)   #258
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
I see Mick Schumacher is looking for a drive could we see behind the wheel of the Ferrari 499P next year at Le Mans and in the WEC...???
It makes sense on so many levels to do this. To finally get Mick in a Ferrari, and to do Le Mans like his father. Some really nice synergy there.

Depends I guess whether Ferrari want to retain him under contract ultimately. It's pretty rare to see a junior driver from a top team dropped by the lesser team they've been placed in.

At the very least it would be good to see him get a test, but 2023 might arrive too soon.
Old 26 Dec 2022, 13:31 (Ref:4138230)   #259
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Some armchair analysis on a slow news day...

https://youtu.be/BK-dGteQdWI
Old 27 Dec 2022, 10:39 (Ref:4138293)   #260
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Read somewhere that an ex F1 driver was ran in the car at Aragon - who could that be?
Old 27 Dec 2022, 13:23 (Ref:4138304)   #261
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Vettel?
Old 27 Dec 2022, 17:23 (Ref:4138316)   #262
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Kubica?

Past season he drove for Prema in WEC. The Italian team is also running several drivers from the Ferari Driver Academy.
Old 27 Dec 2022, 20:47 (Ref:4138324)   #263
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Fisichella?
Old 27 Dec 2022, 21:04 (Ref:4138325)   #264
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bruno Giacomelli
Old 27 Dec 2022, 22:24 (Ref:4138329)   #265
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Read somewhere that an ex F1 driver was ran in the car at Aragon - who could that be?
It was Antonio Giovinazzi.
Old 28 Dec 2022, 09:41 (Ref:4138340)   #266
S griffin
Veteran

Can understand why they chose him. Italian, with links to Ferrari, plus quite a bit of experience
Old 28 Dec 2022, 10:09 (Ref:4138342)   #267
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
I'd be really keen to see him back in sportscars after a brutal year in FE.

He's done Le Mans once. I also remember seeing him race at Silverstone in the ELMS. Giovinazzi, Mitch Evans and Sean Gelael was a decent lineup for sure.

Untitled by Richard Simpson, on Flickr
Old 28 Dec 2022, 15:38 (Ref:4138365)   #268
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Bruno Giacomelli

I heard Merzario couldn't fit his hat in the narrow cockpit so he declined!
Old 9 Jan 2023, 19:15 (Ref:4139422)   #269
Mike E
Veteran

Driver announcements tomorrow

https://twitter.com/FerrariHypercar/...rmMZco_6g&s=19
Old 10 Jan 2023, 13:47 (Ref:4139560)   #270
Mike E
Veteran

#50 Fuoco, Molina, Nielsen
#51 Pier Guidi, Calado, Giovinazzi

https://www.dailysportscar.com/2023/...ng-roster.html
Old 10 Jan 2023, 13:55 (Ref:4139561)   #271
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great drivers there!
From a danish perspective, this puts three danish drivers in three different manufactures, all with a good chance to win.
Old 10 Jan 2023, 15:22 (Ref:4139578)   #272
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Really hope they are rapid out of the box. Lineups were fairly easy to guess - for me it was just a question over Molina or Rovera for the last seat.

Forza Ferrari, what can I say. Still a pinch yourself moment that they are back.
Old 10 Jan 2023, 15:34 (Ref:4139580)   #273
Mike E
Veteran

The expectation is sky high, isn't it? What if they just stumble around tripping over the Peugeots?
Old 10 Jan 2023, 16:39 (Ref:4139592)   #274
Lutzvic
Racer

Lutzvic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
The expectation is sky high, isn't it? What if they just stumble around tripping over the Peugeots?
In my humble opinion it would be a mega surprise if Ferrari wins LM. My bet is on Toyota or Porsche....but I'm happy if they surprise me
Old 10 Jan 2023, 16:53 (Ref:4139601)   #275
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutzvic View Post
In my humble opinion it would be a mega surprise if Ferrari wins LM. My bet is on Toyota or Porsche....but I'm happy if they surprise me
No reason to assume Porsche will either. I accept that their reputation precedes them, but it doesn't make them favourites, IMO.