Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 24 Feb 2022, 15:34 (Ref:4100091)   #126
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I tend to agree Ian. I say that in the knowledge that I was probably one of those who moaned about 'tradition' being lost when the change was made to 3 pm, but the earlier start works well, IMO. In fact, I'd actually prefer 2 pm - a little less time as a nodding dog in the grandstand after staying up all night!
I second that second!
Old 24 Feb 2022, 19:53 (Ref:4100138)   #127
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
yep agree the earlier start was much more to my taste
Old 24 Feb 2022, 22:32 (Ref:4100152)   #128
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Le Mans week starting on friday June 3th, that's a surprise!
I never noticed, but my camping ticket is valide from June 3th, I could have known LM week starts earlier this year.
Old 25 Feb 2022, 10:42 (Ref:4100196)   #129
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
I never noticed, but my camping ticket is valide from June 3th, I could have known LM week starts earlier this year.
James and I took a 'flyer' on it doing just that.....
Old 25 Feb 2022, 11:28 (Ref:4100201)   #130
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Peugeot will not be joining us this year. Gutted.
Old 25 Feb 2022, 11:34 (Ref:4100205)   #131
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
pity really but to be honest i think most people will be just glad to be there, so lets hope the other classes make up for a very poor top class field
Old 25 Feb 2022, 11:54 (Ref:4100210)   #132
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For sure Simon. LM is LM - we go regardless.

But damn, so many fallow years in the last half decade. Every year it's felt like a case of "Ahh but wait until next year". And this time it truly hasn't materialised.

I guess at least '23 is waaaay more of a sure thing and the good times are certainly coming.
Old 26 Feb 2022, 07:48 (Ref:4100325)   #133
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I tend to agree Ian. I say that in the knowledge that I was probably one of those who moaned about 'tradition' being lost when the change was made to 3 pm, but the earlier start works well, IMO. In fact, I'd actually prefer 2 pm - a little less time as a nodding dog in the grandstand after staying up all night!
Re earlier starts, it also means fewer dead hours on the Saturday waiting for the kick off. Ferrari parades and Aston destruction derbies notwithstanding.
Old 26 Feb 2022, 12:06 (Ref:4100366)   #134
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
they're definitely not dead hours when it comes to getting the cars and stuff ready for the race! the earlier the race start the earlier teams have to be in to prep to send the car to the grid only for it to be there for several hours whilst people faff around doing ceremonials. i quite like late starts because they give you a chance to get a decent nights sleep the night before the race even if you're at the circuit until late the night before, and if there's no rush to be packed up other than return flights and travel on monday, you don't need to push a team of people who have been up for 36 hours into packing away and loading trucks post race, it can be done at a sensible pace.
Old 26 Feb 2022, 13:05 (Ref:4100381)   #135
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
At Spa I dislike the 4pm starts because a large portion of the crowd spends the entire day getting heavily drunk. The Spa 24H from start until about midnight can be fairly unpleasant in the busier areas. The upside is a quieter and longer day on Sunday.

I've only been to Le Mans once - 2019 - so I don't know if the same dynamic is likely. I am pleased that I booked the last flight out of Paris on the Sunday (9pm), though I will still miss the race finish. Not a big deal in the end and I do appreciate bella's team perspective.
Old 26 Feb 2022, 13:29 (Ref:4100383)   #136
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
pitlane veterans may have a different viewpoint. i mean there’s also when you’re well over a 90 hour week already at race start, all your energy is on doing your job right so you don’t let anyone down and you’re not sure which way is up you just want the whole thing over and done with.

the years i went to watch the race in the past 10 years i don’t remember any real trouble or hassle, but i go with another female friend and as a result we’re smart about where we go and what we do in the first place. i’ve also had no issues at the spa 24 either, even when walking around alone in the dark. but same caveat applies, i think us ladies are just a bit more thoughtful about what we do and how we present ourselves by default.
Old 26 Feb 2022, 13:37 (Ref:4100384)   #137
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Seen a few drunk people at Le Mans but nothing I'd describe as unpleasant in the last decade.
Old 26 Feb 2022, 13:52 (Ref:4100387)   #138
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think it's got a lot better over the last decade as well. Back in the 80's and 90's it seemed obligatory for Brits (in particular) to spend their entire time at the circuit boozing - it seemed to border on being obligatory. Perhaps I don't notice it as much these days as I'm away from the circuit each night other than race night. I've always steered clear of the 'Mad Friday' type of nonsense and I've learned over a number of years now that it's totally possible to enjoy what you like doing without having to supplement the activity at all times with alcohol....
Old 26 Feb 2022, 13:53 (Ref:4100388)   #139
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
In the past, going back 30 years i remember the drunks every where, certain some people did not even see any races, but those days seem to be gone and certainly on race day there is less heavy drinking, however on the earlier days before the weekend i am prone to having a few wee drams for medicinal reasons and to be social with friends
Old 26 Feb 2022, 17:41 (Ref:4100416)   #140
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Personally, I hardly drink at all at the race. Firstly because I spend a lot of the week driving and I haven't gone all the way to France to spend my time in hospital or a cell. And secondly, I have waited a year for the event so I would like to experience it with a clear head.

I don't camp at the circuit which obviously has a bearing on the above.

But I have seen some very imaginative and boozing arrangements while wandering around the site...
Old 26 Feb 2022, 21:09 (Ref:4100447)   #141
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
On the same wavelength here Mike. Even when I did drink on occasion (I've been almost entirely tee-total now for quite a few years), I avoided doing it during the race as it just induces sleep for me and the last thing I want to do when the race is on is sleep! I've always been of the mentality that I've waited a year for this, I'm not wasting any of the race time sleeping!
Old 28 Feb 2022, 20:46 (Ref:4100685)   #142
Mike E
Veteran

https://www.24h-lemans.com/en/progra...RAMME_EARLY_GB
Old 1 Mar 2022, 15:56 (Ref:4100761)   #143
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Thanks Mike
Old 2 Mar 2022, 09:44 (Ref:4100855)   #144
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
I've turned that into this - https://www.aysedasi.co.uk/2022/2022timetable/

slightly easier to follow, although lacking the detail I usually add in.

I wonder how many people are going to turn out for a 50 minute Ligier race on the Friday morning.....?
Old 2 Mar 2022, 10:16 (Ref:4100871)   #145
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I've turned that into this - https://www.aysedasi.co.uk/2022/2022timetable/

slightly easier to follow, although lacking the detail I usually add in.

I wonder how many people are going to turn out for a 50 minute Ligier race on the Friday morning.....?
Thanks for that, nice and simple to read for us oldies.

There'll be more detail to come I suspect.

I won't be bothering with either of the Ligier races tbh. Unless there is something else going on at/near the track to make it worthwhile on the Friday.
Old 2 Mar 2022, 10:18 (Ref:4100873)   #146
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'd probably watch one out of curiosity, but I suspect we'll be at the Classic British Welcome on Friday morning.
Old 2 Mar 2022, 11:31 (Ref:4100889)   #147
Mike E
Veteran

The Ligier races will provide good safety car procedure practice, as is traditional for the support races at LM.
Old 2 Mar 2022, 11:44 (Ref:4100890)   #148
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
There is that......
Old 2 Mar 2022, 17:00 (Ref:4100942)   #149
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nothing on monday and tuesday? Where is the autograph session and the Pitwalk?
Old 2 Mar 2022, 18:38 (Ref:4100950)   #150
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i am certain i heard that there would be an autograph session on tuesday.