Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 24 Nov 2022, 23:02 (Ref:4134764)   #301
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Parkings Blanc and Bleu unvailable

Today, I received an e-mail from ACO which suggests me a place in the Exposition garage instead of my usual place in the Blanc.
They propose a Rouge instead ("Panorama").
The problem is that i have to pay a second DHL shipping. The ticket + DHL amount is 51€.

I believe there will be a huge event in the Blanc and Bleu car parks...
Old 25 Nov 2022, 07:22 (Ref:4134819)   #302
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well the ACO is obviously very busy at the moment, i am sure everyone on here got the "Black Friday" email this morning giving everyone the chance to purchase out of date items that failed to sell last year at slightly reduced prices.
Old 25 Nov 2022, 09:37 (Ref:4134832)   #303
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
Today, I received an e-mail from ACO which suggests me a place in the Exposition garage instead of my usual place in the Blanc.
The problem is that i have to pay a second DHL shipping. The ticket + DHL amount is 51€.

I must admit this was what I was anticipating. So why would the ACO tell me that there would be spaces in Parking Blanc? Unless there are only going to be limited places, probably some distance away from the entrance...?

The Tourists always parked in Rouge and it wouldn't be a problem for me, other than it was mostly 'first come first served'. We did park in a small reserved space Rouge car park way back in 1990, but I think that's part of Expo now. What I'm keen to get is a reserved spot - wherever that is....

As to the shipping, yes, I expected that. So be it, it's only once a year.
Old 25 Nov 2022, 10:05 (Ref:4134842)   #304
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just receive this from Hélène (who has clearly not left the ACO.... :-

Andrew, dear member,

The sale of car parks and reception areas will begin on Tuesday morning.
A new organization has been put in place by the ticket office, we do not know it yet.
Be ready

Best regards

Now what's that old saying about the left and right hands?
Old 25 Nov 2022, 10:07 (Ref:4134844)   #305
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And I am even more grateful for Aysedasi's tip off re car parks ...
Old 25 Nov 2022, 10:17 (Ref:4134848)   #306
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ok, so now I'm more confused. What's happeining re camping? Are there more, or less camp sites?
Old 25 Nov 2022, 11:41 (Ref:4134868)   #307
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post

Well, I've just been told over the phone that there will be no Parking Blanc next year, although the person was unsure whether or not Parking Bleu would be operating. Expo will not be numbered, so the only options I was presented with were Expo, Rouge or Panorama. Seems it'll be all first come first served, no reserved spaces.

(For Ayse and AllonFS) I wonder which car park 'man on bicycle' will be assigned to next year and how he will approach this new challenge...?

EDIT: the person I was speaking to was looking at a map, so they DO know...
Old 25 Nov 2022, 13:05 (Ref:4134874)   #308
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yeah, I thought the person who emailed me yesterday was telling me porkies.... It will be disappointing if there are no numbered parking spots anywhere. It's good to have a fixed spot for the week. Having said that, the Tourists parked in Rouge every year (bar one) for the 24 years I went with them. But there is likely to be significant pressure on parking if the whole of Blanc has been lost, and possibly Bleu too.... In all honesty, it may just be a case of grabbing what you can.
Old 25 Nov 2022, 13:29 (Ref:4134877)   #309
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
So, it's definitely correct that Parking Blanc is no more - well, not for 2023 anyway. Gibril has 'fessed up.....

Unfortunately I was told yesterday that there will be no more Car Park Blanc. It has been changed for the Centenary of the 24 Hours of le Mans 2023.
Old 26 Nov 2022, 06:45 (Ref:4134946)   #310
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
The local rag (Ouest France)Are The Flying Baguettes reforming and making a comeback...?
You never know.......... If we get tickets
Old 26 Nov 2022, 08:28 (Ref:4134952)   #311
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
You never know.......... If we get tickets
Here's hoping, Mal, if only to see Christopher don his flares and swing his pants again!

Also on my centenary wishlist, a return to the driver's parade for the legendary Beermountain bicycle display team 'The Wild Choppers'...!
Old 27 Nov 2022, 00:45 (Ref:4134991)   #312
RS6BRIT
Rookie

RS6BRIT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Newbie here, had a read through and you guys seem to be in the know! I organise a group of 20 or so guys to attend, and I book the camping and general admittance tickets at the same time. I'm now panicing as it appears they have sold out of GA tickets for the full week ? Am I mad or is this true ? It seems nuts to have had to buy the tickets before knowing if we can get camping. Do we think they are just holding back some tickets to increase early sales ?
I mean, with an average of 250k attendees (365k attended on our first vist in 2014) then surely 15k full week tickets is a drop in the ocean ?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Last edited by RS6BRIT; 27 Nov 2022 at 01:01.
Old 27 Nov 2022, 09:25 (Ref:4135035)   #313
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I must admit that I can't see any full week tickets other than the ones for those who can meet the 'Green' requirements. But like you, I can't believe that the full week is sold out and there won't be more tickets available. There are shambolic elements to the process this year some of which are undoubtedly caused by whatever they are doing as part of the Centenary celebrations and a dearth of information about tickets and areas that have always been available in the past which no longer seem to be. I don't camp, but I understand the frustration of those who do, having entry tickets going on sale long before camping pitches.
Old 27 Nov 2022, 11:04 (Ref:4135040)   #314
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well i just went in as a guest and the site said green weekend tickets sold out but ordinary full week ones available. As the ACO charges more for the full week rather than just the weekend ones it makes more sense to sell the full week race ones and collect more money.
Old 27 Nov 2022, 12:35 (Ref:4135043)   #315
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well i just went in as a guest and the site said green weekend tickets sold out but ordinary full week ones available. As the ACO charges more for the full week rather than just the weekend ones it makes more sense to sell the full week race ones and collect more money.
I don't think so Simon. Yes the full week 'Green' tickets are now showing as sold out. The full week + grandstand isn't now available as the grandstands are sold out. There seem to be weekend tickets available, so why would they limit full week tickets in this way?
Old 27 Nov 2022, 12:46 (Ref:4135045)   #316
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
A long-standing member on another board has posted that he already has a ticket for Epinettes. He said that it was the only campsite the ACO offered to him. How he got the ticket before the 29th, I don't know.
Old 27 Nov 2022, 13:38 (Ref:4135050)   #317
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
A long-standing member on another board has posted that he already has a ticket for Epinettes. He said that it was the only campsite the ACO offered to him. How he got the ticket before the 29th, I don't know.
He's presumably on 'the list', like Pascal. We are not, I know that.
Old 27 Nov 2022, 14:36 (Ref:4135054)   #318
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Apparently, only for the people who had tickets in deleted places. On FB I can read people who had "aire expo red" moves to epinettes. and price moves from 65 € to 105 €..........
Old 27 Nov 2022, 15:45 (Ref:4135057)   #319
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It just puzzles me why there is another 'list' of people who already had camping spaces.... I guess it's not what you know.....
Old 27 Nov 2022, 17:00 (Ref:4135061)   #320
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
If all the full race week tickets are sold out, what are the agencies going to sell? Not sure they will sell many camping tickets if they only come with weekend race tickets
Old 27 Nov 2022, 19:03 (Ref:4135067)   #321
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
If all the full race week tickets are sold out, what are the agencies going to sell? Not sure they will sell many camping tickets if they only come with weekend race tickets
I suspect the sold tickets include the ones already earmarked for the agencies.
Old 27 Nov 2022, 20:40 (Ref:4135074)   #322
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i wonder what people will do if they can not get the full tickets i suspect the ACO will be inundated with complaints. most people are used to getting tickets when they arrive and only buy the minimum GE tickets from the agencies.
Old 27 Nov 2022, 22:46 (Ref:4135077)   #323
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm getting worried more and more by the hour. I've got multiple GE and grandstand tickets and need camping tickets, with no camping tickets GE and grandstand are of no use.
Why is it all so confusing AND unfair if some already have there camping.
Old 28 Nov 2022, 06:14 (Ref:4135101)   #324
rx555
Rookie

United States
St. Louis
rx555 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello again. I and 3 friends plan to attend this year. We were first timers back in 2016 and had hoped to come back sooner than this but looks like next year should work if we can find a place to stay. I learned lots of good tips from you all last time, so I'll be following along again.
We did Travel Destinations last time and had hoped to again but they have 3-4 times more requests than they have room for. Other similar sites are in the same boat. I just sent a PM to KResjer about the international camp. Getting camping supplies there from the States seems difficult, so regular camping isn't ideal.
Old 28 Nov 2022, 07:47 (Ref:4135109)   #325
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx555 View Post
Hello again. I and 3 friends plan to attend this year. We were first timers back in 2016 and had hoped to come back sooner than this but looks like next year should work if we can find a place to stay. I learned lots of good tips from you all last time, so I'll be following along again.
We did Travel Destinations last time and had hoped to again but they have 3-4 times more requests than they have room for. Other similar sites are in the same boat. I just sent a PM to KResjer about the international camp. Getting camping supplies there from the States seems difficult, so regular camping isn't ideal.
Whatever you do, don't book your flights until your ground arrangements are booked, confirmed and secured. The ACO are trying to reinvent the wheel this year, in terms of what tickets they are prepared to sell, to whom and when.

A complete shambolic disaster, even the agencies have no idea what tickets they can sell, how many, and when exactly they will find out.

They've had 100 years to plan this event and get it right. Me, I'm relaxed, I just need a parking ticket or two, which hopefully I'll be able to secure tomorrow morning, but for tens of thousands of loyal regular racegoers, they haven't a clue what's going on due to a complete lack of organisation, preparation and clarity.

And while I'm on my high horse, let me just say how sorry I feel for the very pleasant and professional boys and girls in the ACO ticket office who are having to field difficult call after difficult call from disgruntled punters. Please be nice to them.

Really, 2023 ticketing is beyond shambolic, a complete incompetent mess. Shame on the ACO for allowing this to happen, it's a disgrace.

Rant over and good luck to anyone not yet sorted!
Closed Thread