Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 26 May 2023, 06:38 (Ref:4158009)   #1226
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Being in a tent when the sun is up is not a good idea, sauna's d not be allowed to operate at those temperatures
Old 26 May 2023, 06:54 (Ref:4158010)   #1227
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
For the newbies or those who forgot, what kind of mobile phone network do you use in France? Coming from England? From the US? Any recommendation?
Old 26 May 2023, 07:06 (Ref:4158012)   #1228
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Personally I have roaming in Europe with my provider but as usual, I'd advise anyone with concerns, to buy a local sim and use that.
Old 26 May 2023, 07:26 (Ref:4158015)   #1229
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Yep I see. Could not find anything I'd use myself. Maybe Orange Mobicarte at 14,99 € or SFR La Carte at 9,99€. The best is to check with your provider before leaving as Peter says.

I wonder how people coming from the US will manage. ATL for instance?
Old 26 May 2023, 07:37 (Ref:4158016)   #1230
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Yep I see. Could not find anything I'd use myself. Maybe Orange Mobicarte at 14,99 € or SFR La Carte at 9,99€. The best is to check with your provider before leaving as Peter says.

I wonder how people coming from the US will manage. ATL for instance?
I know at.lne time the USA had a different system to Europe. Not sure that is the case these days since I've been able to roam in US regions.
Old 26 May 2023, 08:10 (Ref:4158018)   #1231
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Just had a quick look to different prepaid systems. All the rules have been change to avoid, if possible, the use by traffickers and snakeheads which imo, is a good thing. As a result, it became a real hassle for honest people! Usual I fear…Back to the "see with your provider before leaving home" thing?
Old 26 May 2023, 08:17 (Ref:4158020)   #1232
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Do remember a big crowd in 2017 with lots of French fans chearing on Toyota to beat Porsche - especially after qualifying- great atmosphere- but drifted away a bit after early am retirements.

Did get about 1 and half hours sleep before waking up in oven tent at 8am.

If using E tickets on phone check it’s not on a cloud as 300,000 phones make internet tricky - screenshot and paperback ups. Power bank, another paper back up - toilet roll and sunscreen & hat (as get even colder after too much sun). If camping the wet grass can be long and wet in mornings away from main tracks. Warm dry shoes/boots and socks for night at track and emergency warm clothes that hopefully stay in car all trip in case it’s wet.

Do also have a large white AM flag that doubles as sun protection cloak.
Old 26 May 2023, 09:13 (Ref:4158022)   #1233
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Worth studying this years maps before going and have a good zoomable screenshot of them on phone.

Track crossings and toilet locations are good to locate on Thursday or Friday as it’s a lot harder when crowds there. Hopefully new bridge will make foot tunnel by start line easier this year.

Have been in depths of BSJ (Far Far Away land) 6 times and either enter/exit south to Karting or exit by support race pits or big gate by tram stop (and bus back to BSJ roundabout or walk) - much better viewing options whilst meandering to/from Dunlop to/from Tramstop entrance - especially with foot tunnel on approach to Tertre Rouge but also good to not just use one exit/entry point. Don’t really use airport side entrances from BSJ unless really quiet times as have to walk road with no footpaths (even though it’s shorter)
Old 26 May 2023, 09:46 (Ref:4158024)   #1234
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
How much have they changed of the track and it's facilities since last year? Hopefully the improvements are worth it. Especially the new bridge.
Old 26 May 2023, 11:16 (Ref:4158031)   #1235
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't think the track has changed at all. As to the facilities, I'll let you know when I get there.....
Old 26 May 2023, 13:47 (Ref:4158051)   #1236
Benedict
Rookie

Benedict should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Haven't been since 2018, getting very excited....
Was wondering how much a beer was last year? (lager...1664 / Carlsberg..? )
I know they charge for the 'beakers' initially that you keep hold of...
Just in the public bars at the village / around the circuit, not in ACO hospitality areas etc....
Old 26 May 2023, 13:57 (Ref:4158056)   #1237
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i think they were 8 euro's last year
Old 26 May 2023, 14:07 (Ref:4158060)   #1238
Benedict
Rookie

Benedict should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
i think they were 8 euro's last year
Thanks!
Old 26 May 2023, 18:14 (Ref:4158090)   #1239
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
You're targeting bars around the circuit, may be you can find some special offers. Mind you that in french happy hour is said… happy hour!
Old 26 May 2023, 19:48 (Ref:4158094)   #1240
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Mind you that in french happy hour is said… happy hour!
It would be more fun to say "Heureux Heure"
Old 26 May 2023, 20:22 (Ref:4158104)   #1241
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Ha te voila, toi, mon Ami! Tu arrives a point nommé pour te joindre a ce qui s'annonce comme une grande et belle fête. Celle des copains et des merveilleuses voitures de course conduites par les meilleurs pilotes de la planète. As you for sure noticed, we try here to avoid any disapointment to the newbies and when possible give the best advices to enjoy the stay and race. Hope it works and they will bring a good souvenir from the race.
Old 26 May 2023, 20:30 (Ref:4158106)   #1242
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
We have a law here, any bar offering happy hour -heure heureuse- for alcohol beverages must offer the same thing for non-alcohol beverages. But you know French, they often forget this… Why? Because when we're done, any law is forgotten… Happy days, happy hour! Cheers!
Old 27 May 2023, 09:40 (Ref:4158152)   #1243
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well just had an invite for 5 sessions of apperitifs or snoacks on the wednesday/thursday/friday at the members area for me and 1 guest. i wonder if i will be allowed as i have not paid extra fo the chappelle area.
Old 27 May 2023, 09:57 (Ref:4158156)   #1244
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, just arrived with me too. I have paid the extra......

Edit - reading it, I think you're OK.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 27 May 2023 at 10:02.
Old 27 May 2023, 10:12 (Ref:4158158)   #1245
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Well just had an invite for 5 sessions of apperitifs or snoacks on the wednesday/thursday/friday at the members area for me and 1 guest. i wonder if i will be allowed as i have not paid extra fo the chappelle area.
I think the whole point is you can check it out for free and then you'll be tempted to pay the premium either there and then, or for next year.
Old 27 May 2023, 10:16 (Ref:4158161)   #1246
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I think the whole point is you can check it out for free and then you'll be tempted to pay the premium either there and then, or for next year.
Ah yes, a spot of PR, that makes sense.
Old 27 May 2023, 10:22 (Ref:4158162)   #1247
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yes and it can attract newbies, so it's a perfect marketing strategy
Old 27 May 2023, 10:25 (Ref:4158164)   #1248
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Worked for me. I've booked the Wednesday snack which coincides with the final hour of FP1. Apparently it's a "UK meetup" when you click through onto the site - so clearly targeting UK members.
Old 27 May 2023, 17:18 (Ref:4158216)   #1249
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Nice centenary avatar…
Old 28 May 2023, 19:33 (Ref:4158493)   #1250
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Yes you will, it's for all members and one guest. You Brits have 3 days! The Dutch and Belgiums are invited on Saturday, that is kind of strange isn't it, during the race!