Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 19 Oct 2022, 10:36 (Ref:4130810)   #151
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL17 View Post
At least some cool beers from supermarkets etc etc (need ice, fridges) or wine (easier if red) or other stuff from home can save a packet.
But don't try and take glass bottles into the circuit.....
Old 19 Oct 2022, 11:40 (Ref:4130811)   #152
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I noted that the general entry ticket gets you into Porsche Curves. Not sure if they mean Beau Sejoures or the camp site side. I have a GS and entry ticket so now await campsite details.
General entry viewing is inside the track (first Porsche curve/right hander) next to Beasejour campsite (motorhome section part). Access via track by allotments (starts 50m east of bridge under track on D92). Toilets there plus a beer and food outlet on top of banking for main race. Usually check tickets at start of track. No real parking there and would need Beasejour camping to get in from main site entrance anyway.

Not too far from Karting entry/exit and lot easier/safer than from main road (Bd des Italiens)- especially as access from gate by big wheel closed off now except for corporate vehicles.

Access from main Beasejour camping areas is now a pain as farmer closed a route across the track for both motors and pedestrians afew years ago - so a half mile detour south and back up through wooded section of Beasejour site.

Pretty sure Porsche banking opposite (outside of track side) is all part of Travel Destinations private camp site there. North of D92 (second part of Porcshe curves) all closed off for public access I believe.
Old 19 Oct 2022, 12:08 (Ref:4130814)   #153
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Wooded section mentioned above is oddly named Foret de Greasy Groove on map so had to post

Allotments and path to right (between allotments and track) are where is says 'Travel Destinations Event Tents'. route across track was directly to right of 'Village on the Curves' script

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/...611!4d0.199556
Old 19 Oct 2022, 20:14 (Ref:4130843)   #154
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Maybe our French friends can help. The reason I thought it was camping was from this article - https://www.24h-lemans.com/fr/actual...10-jours-56701

When you Google image "aires d'accueil" you get vaguely camping-related imagery. Whatever it is it's also going to be available to the public after an ACO pre-sale, so I assumed it's not member area stuff.
I was told they try to move some car parks to limit traffic inside the circuit. Ther would be new paying car parks but normaly no changes about the campsites. To be continued ........
Old 20 Oct 2022, 07:37 (Ref:4130860)   #155
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
In that case, see this on FB in a reply to me from the ACO -

Hi Andrew,
the Exposition and Panorama parking lots are available for sale only by telephone on 02 43 40 8000. Please note that the service is currently saturated with calls. The other parking lots and reception areas will be put on sale from Monday, December 4 (Tuesday, November 29 for ACO Members).
Thanks for the heads up. Finally got through this morning to be told parking not available until 29 Nov. Said what ACO had told you; she checked - yes we can sell to you. Then, can only sell one - checked again - can sell two. So, all sorted but a bit of a struggle getting there.
Old 20 Oct 2022, 07:51 (Ref:4130861)   #156
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The blind leading the partially sighted......
Old 21 Oct 2022, 15:24 (Ref:4131003)   #157
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
And tickets have arrived..... We may moan that the ACO isn't always the most efficient of organisations, but ordering on Tuesday and receipt on Friday is pretty impressive.
Old 21 Oct 2022, 15:40 (Ref:4131007)   #158
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
And tickets have arrived..... We may moan that the ACO isn't always the most efficient of organisations, but ordering on Tuesday and receipt on Friday is pretty impressive.
How do they look? Special 100 yr design?
Old 21 Oct 2022, 16:07 (Ref:4131011)   #159
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmm, nothing here so far.
Old 21 Oct 2022, 16:13 (Ref:4131013)   #160
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Chaps - e-tickets are the way ! Similar to the poster with three cars and the owl in the tree
Old 21 Oct 2022, 16:34 (Ref:4131014)   #161
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
How do they look? Special 100 yr design?
Sadly rather dull. Actually more dull than last year. They do have a small 100 year celebration logo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Chaps - e-tickets are the way ! Similar to the poster with three cars and the owl in the tree
It’s a shame the printed tickets don’t have the poster on them. But I can’t add an e-ticket to my collection - and I prefer to have the ‘real thing’ anyway.
Old 21 Oct 2022, 16:36 (Ref:4131015)   #162
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Correct, I'd forgotten that I was traveling so now the e ticket is on my printer.
Old 21 Oct 2022, 16:40 (Ref:4131017)   #163
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Quote:
Sadly rather dull. Actually more dull than last year. They do have a small 100 year celebration logo.

It’s a shame the printed tickets don’t have the poster on them. But I can’t add an e-ticket to my collection - and I prefer to have the ‘real thing’ anyway.
I will, of course, be printing off the e-tickets ...
Old 21 Oct 2022, 19:10 (Ref:4131028)   #164
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
I will, of course, be printing off the e-tickets ...
I guess e-tickets are the future (well, the present now) but the idea doesn't sit easily with my collection of 250 tickets dating back to 1957.
Old 22 Oct 2022, 09:01 (Ref:4131057)   #165
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
Renewed ACO membership last WE and just says your Membership Card is ready - find it on your smart phone!

Did get a post reminder a few weeks back so could have sent a card then (which would not be valid if not renewed - when you turn up or try to buy tickets etc)

would prefer to have a card rather than a tacky medal with the Members Area goody bag.
Old 23 Oct 2022, 07:02 (Ref:4131161)   #166
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL17 View Post
General entry viewing is inside the track (first Porsche curve/right hander) next to Beasejour campsite (motorhome section part). Access via track by allotments (starts 50m east of bridge under track on D92). Toilets there plus a beer and food outlet on top of banking for main race. Usually check tickets at start of track. No real parking there and would need Beasejour camping to get in from main site entrance anyway.

Not too far from Karting entry/exit and lot easier/safer than from main road (Bd des Italiens)- especially as access from gate by big wheel closed off now except for corporate vehicles.

Access from main Beasejour camping areas is now a pain as farmer closed a route across the track for both motors and pedestrians afew years ago - so a half mile detour south and back up through wooded section of Beasejour site.

Pretty sure Porsche banking opposite (outside of track side) is all part of Travel Destinations private camp site there. North of D92 (second part of Porcshe curves) all closed off for public access I believe.
For me, the spectator bank on the inside of track (accessed via Beausejour campsite?) is a new spectator bank, even if it's been there for a few years now. The Porsche Curves spectator bank, to me, is the bank on the outside of the circuit adjacent to TD campsite. Am I right in thinking this bank is now exclusive to TD? I haven't stood there since the early 2000's, and Ayse and I were unable to work out where we could park in order to spend some time there a few years back, but the map suggested there was a car park on the other side of the roundabout where you turn left to get to that enclosure. In the end it felt like too much hassle with potential for wasting a lot of race time trying to work it all out, with the potential to not gain access at all, so we gave up on the idea. I was actually given a parking pass for the TD enclosure one year, but never used it. I'd like to view from there again, but I remain totally confused as to what parking and viewing is available now at the entry to the Porsche Curves for EG ticketholders.

Can anyone educate me on this, please?
Old 23 Oct 2022, 07:33 (Ref:4131162)   #167
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
For the last few years, TD have had exclusive use of Porsche Curves, but not if sure that applies this year. The inside area of Porsche Curves was part of Beau Sejoures(?).
Old 23 Oct 2022, 10:18 (Ref:4131167)   #168
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm assuming there's still a shuttle bus stop for Porsche Curves but don't think parking is possible unless you've got a ticket for Travel Dest or Beausejour. I think a lot of Beausejour is private site too now.

Anyway I went back to Porsche Curves entry for the first time since 2011 this year. Had previously been on the outside pre TR. Inside is still decent - credit to CTD for letting us know how to walk there. You have to cut through some allotments and there is a security guy there to check your GE ticket.

5 by Richard Simpson, on Flickr
60 by Richard Simpson, on Flickr
Old 26 Oct 2022, 07:55 (Ref:4131471)   #169
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
The ACO have now created the pages on the ticketing section of their site ready for camping and parking ticket sales from 29th November (for club members).

https://www.24h-lemans.com/en/tickets/accomodation
Old 26 Oct 2022, 08:04 (Ref:4131473)   #170
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Thanks for that.
Old 26 Oct 2022, 09:35 (Ref:4131494)   #171
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I'm assuming there's still a shuttle bus stop for Porsche Curves but don't think parking is possible unless you've got a ticket for Travel Dest or Beausejour. I think a lot of Beausejour is private site too now.

Anyway I went back to Porsche Curves entry for the first time since 2011 this year. Had previously been on the outside pre TR. Inside is still decent - credit to CTD for letting us know how to walk there. You have to cut through some allotments and there is a security guy there to check your GE ticket.
2018 map shows viewpoint on newer Porsche curve viewing bank

https://www.24h-lemans.com/en/news/u...-weekend-49607

TD private campsite on outside definitely there as sold out in July this year.

No parking there but on map the Beasejour roundabout stop is definitely well linked by shuttle buses and the little train going up and down the road between there and Entree Est gate (Tram stop) plus Sud gate and also a Karting gate. (later gate very close to the roudabout anyway). Not sure where the Porsche curves stop is now but its on fewer routes.

from there it is a short walk to the start of allotments path - head towards bridge under circuit and track on left before allotments (200 m from Beasejour roundabout), toilets and beer/catering hut at banking.
Old 26 Oct 2022, 09:54 (Ref:4131497)   #172
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
The ACO have now created the pages on the ticketing section of their site ready for camping and parking ticket sales from 29th November (for club members).

https://www.24h-lemans.com/en/tickets/accomodation
But it gives no more explaination of what will be available
Old 26 Oct 2022, 14:45 (Ref:4131529)   #173
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
But it gives no more explaination of what will be available
Non whatsoever. And what's with the green tickets? I prefer an orange ticket, if possible.
Old 26 Oct 2022, 14:51 (Ref:4131531)   #174
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Green tickets are for those who can demonstrate they walked, trammed, cycled, drove a hybrid or an EV to get to the circuit. I was going to buy one but I may change my mind and bring the Focus ST instead of the Mach E next year.
Old 26 Oct 2022, 15:22 (Ref:4131540)   #175
Lutzvic
Racer

Lutzvic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Green tickets are for those who can demonstrate they walked, trammed, cycled, drove a hybrid or an EV to get to the circuit. I was going to buy one but I may change my mind and bring the Focus ST instead of the Mach E next year.
Focus ST rules!
Closed Thread