Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 12 Dec 2001, 17:15 (Ref:185052)   #1
SJ Spode
Veteran

SJ Spode should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bentley Boys Le Mans Return

From www.autosport.com

" Despite recent doubts over its racing future, the Bentley name will return to contest the Le Mans 24 Hours next year with a revised version of its EXP Speed 8 which finished on the podium at its first attempt in 2001. "

More details in the article but it implies to me that Audi will be going for the Three-peat next year (alongside Bentley) but that Bentley will be the lead VW-Audi Group brand at Le Mans in 2003.
Old 12 Dec 2001, 17:25 (Ref:185055)   #2
SJ Spode
Veteran

SJ Spode should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apologies rdjones and everybody else. Guess who didn't read the 'Good News' thread before I posted this.
Old 12 Dec 2001, 17:25 (Ref:185056)   #3
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I heard that the engine won't be ready until March and that the Bentley boys are looking for a podium this year and a win in 2003.

Great news though and I hope that next year was as thrilling to watch from home as this years race!!!! (sorry aysedasi!!)
Old 12 Dec 2001, 19:22 (Ref:185107)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by paulzinho
I heard that the engine won't be ready until March and that the Bentley boys are looking for a podium this year and a win in 2003.

Great news though and I hope that next year was as thrilling to watch from home as this years race!!!! (sorry aysedasi!!)
I'm sorry for you Paul. If 2003 is to be the BIG challenge though, it must be a case of come hell and high water......!
Old 12 Dec 2001, 19:39 (Ref:185115)   #5
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Bentley Boys Le Mans Return

Quote:
Originally posted by SJ Spode
From www.autosport.com
"but that Bentley will be the lead VW-Audi Group brand at Le Mans in 2003."
will Joest be taking over when that happens or will they pull a porsche on them?
Old 12 Dec 2001, 19:44 (Ref:185118)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Re: Re: Bentley Boys Le Mans Return

Quote:
Originally posted by Es Nes

will Joest be taking over when that happens or will they pull a porsche on them?
A Joest Bentley? Intriguing thought. At first I thought no, I don't really want a German team running the Bentleys, but then again, with their track record........
Old 13 Dec 2001, 09:00 (Ref:185353)   #7
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
A German team possibly running Bentley, whatever next - BMW owning Rolls Royce.

Oh.
Old 13 Dec 2001, 12:33 (Ref:185396)   #8
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's also the only way, short of toyota, porsche or a rotary powered mazda returning, for me to want to cheer for a close top car. oh well.
Old 13 Dec 2001, 18:12 (Ref:185527)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Es Nes
That's also the only way, short of toyota, porsche or a rotary powered mazda returning, for me to want to cheer for a close top car. oh well.
Just go, have a few beers, a glass or two of champagne, maybe, and cheer them all!!