Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 23 Mar 2002, 20:55 (Ref:242512)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Le Mans Rendezvous

OK. You're at Le Mans with your bunch of mates, whether it be The Pie Eaters, The Brethren, The Tourists or whoever. From time to time, inevitably, people wander off and do their own thing and (when they've finished at the strippers) they need to meet up again.

Where do you normally agree to meet? What are your favourite rendezvous spots?

For us, it is generally:-

1. The entrance to the Welcome Area (has become our "norm" for the past couple of years), or

2. The champagne tent/stall/whatever shape it happens to be from year to year - in the Village, or

3. The Grand Marnier crepe stall (my favourite!), or

4. The Tribunes opposite the Bentley/Jaguar/MG* pits (*delete as appropriate from year to year), or

5. Just at the entrance to the Garage Rouge (near to the Dunlop Bridge) - if we are meeting up with those who are returning from a Mulsanne/Indianapolis/Arnage etc. jaunt.

And you?
Old 23 Mar 2002, 23:42 (Ref:242571)   #2
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
my living room.

Oh you meant in France....
Old 24 Mar 2002, 08:27 (Ref:242709)   #3
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
but then again we don't wander off much (contractual obligation)
Boule d'or on Wednesday before it all kicks off
Old 24 Mar 2002, 08:29 (Ref:242711)   #4
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!

Usualy, the meeting point is the grandstand where we have a place : you can wait on a sit, drinking or eating, having a good view on the cars, in the shadow if it's hot, under a shelter if it's rainny (never happend those last years )...

If we have a date with personns with no tickets for the grandstand, we meet down at the gate of the grandstand, side of the track.

We usualy :
- have a walk to Tertre Rouge, leaving the grandstand around 17h30, and have a meal at the Tavern... (we love crepes, but hate queuing...)
- this year, I ordered Welcome tickets : I think we'ell try to have a meal there around 20h00...
- we pushed to Karting curves last years, but the concrete wall hide the cars there, it's not very interresting, except... to see the english camps !
- if we get tickets to pits grandstands, I think we'll have a lot of time here ; if we don't, we'll spent few time in the free areas between seets to take pictures

And lots of other things : with the newbies, maybe we'll have the courage to take the car to go to Mulsanne, but I'm not sure... anyway, I hate beeing somewhere where can't see the cars...

: hope to meet you somewhere !

Last edited by Fab; 24 Mar 2002 at 08:30.
Old 24 Mar 2002, 08:39 (Ref:242715)   #5
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
myself, my tv/cable box, various caffinated beverages, the computer, and various snacks all meet up in the living room for the long 24 hours of bliss
Old 24 Mar 2002, 17:43 (Ref:242944)   #6
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Hey EsNes, so you say you're not coming ? How could you miss that ? Where are you living ? So far ? You're :
- broke ?
- pennyless ?
- not enough money ?
- other financials problems ?
Or simply doesn't want to ?
Old 24 Mar 2002, 19:28 (Ref:243007)   #7
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wrong side of the pond and no money to go. id love to go but i cant afford it.

now, on the other hand, theres a chance ill be able to go to the petit lemans ...
Old 24 Mar 2002, 19:39 (Ref:243019)   #8
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As we have grandstand seats this tends to be the meet point unless there is another agreed time and place.

The Dunlop bridge, Champagne bar or ACO office would tend to be my ideal places.

SL
Old 25 Mar 2002, 00:54 (Ref:243286)   #9
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ACO, either the welcome site (for breakfast) or the main office (for lunch or if its raining or hot, because they have a wide screen and half decent loos).

Otherwise, the Dunlop Bridge, or the crossroads where the road from the village meets the main track up to the bridge.