Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 11 Nov 2003, 09:11 (Ref:779595)   #1
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Courage C65

Great performance from Courage at the weekend . This car just went up against the Intersport Lola which in theory should be as quick as the Dyson cars . I seriously hope that this is not just a one off . It would be great to see a Courage taking the fight to America next year . Im delighted for them
Old 11 Nov 2003, 09:17 (Ref:779602)   #2
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
The news and the results are very good for Yves Courage now : this week-end shows how the car is efficient and fast, even with "paying" pilots.

I think Yves has now customers for next year, and the car was not only fast, it was reliable !

They could go to Sebring next year... money question, as always...
Old 11 Nov 2003, 13:31 (Ref:779809)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And for an LMP, its a bit of a looker too!
Old 11 Nov 2003, 13:52 (Ref:779842)   #4
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Ive always been a bit of a Courage fan but the C60 with that V10 Judd is a sexy little looker (.)(.) and the C65 is just the same !!!
Old 11 Nov 2003, 13:53 (Ref:779847)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And people say the Audi R8 is a good looking car? They've gotta be kidding.......
Old 11 Nov 2003, 14:02 (Ref:779854)   #6
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this car going be running in LMP1 next year? Really doesnt make sense that they would run the C60 as well as the C65 in P1 next year. Maybe Courage should focus on one car, and enter 2 of them for LM next year
Old 11 Nov 2003, 14:06 (Ref:779855)   #7
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was impressed with thier results on Sunday...but do keep in mind that this is really their "home circuit" isn't it???? They ought to run well at a place where they test and gather their baseline data...

Having said that, I do like the car a lot, and I was even more impressed by the vastly-improved power of the JPX engine....

Now all we need is for a North American customer to buy one of them to rae over here so that we can watch it compete against the best teams in the ALMS on North American circuits...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 11 Nov 2003, 14:11 (Ref:779857)   #8
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
And people say the Audi R8 is a good looking car? They've gotta be kidding.......
Now, Ayse, just how different is this car from the R8?

Raised nose...

Pod wheelwells...

Cockpit with a driver's "bump"...

Really, this car is a combination of the R8 front with the Riley and Scott side panels and BMW LMR rear wing.

Of course, I like all of the abovementioned cars (especially the BMW), but the Courage is an excellent study of their components. It is a beaut.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 11 Nov 2003, 15:17 (Ref:779921)   #9
Thommy
Racer

Germany
Kulmbach, Bavaria
Thommy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt

Now all we need is for a North American customer to buy one of them to rae over here so that we can watch it compete against the best teams in the ALMS on North American circuits...
But- which Team could it be?
Old 11 Nov 2003, 15:58 (Ref:779967)   #10
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think R8 is becoming close to M3 in terms of stature in Ayse's eyes.
Old 11 Nov 2003, 16:02 (Ref:779976)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I make no bones about it at all, I'm not an R8 fan. I liked the original (and liked the R8C better - he says for the 456th time), but I never thought the R8 looked quite "right". I can't put my finger on it, but to me, there's something slightly ungainly and definitely "unpretty" about the R8.

IMO.

Old 11 Nov 2003, 16:02 (Ref:779977)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
The M3, BTW, is a great looking car.

Always has been.

Always will be.

A great looking touring car.

Anyone who thinks I don't like the M3 is sadly mistaken.....
Old 11 Nov 2003, 16:04 (Ref:779980)   #13
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That would be the $64,000 Question Thommy....who would step up to purchase one from Courage....

But it would seem to be a purchase of a car that was pretty quick last Sunday on a circuit that could be classified as a higher downforce circuit, that is more than likely to be somewhat similar to what an ALMS team would compete on here in North America...

To me, it would make sense...

Old 11 Nov 2003, 17:07 (Ref:780047)   #14
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ayse: in regard to the visual aesthetics of the Audi R8 we will have to agree to disagree. I find the car to be stunning. Seeing it in person and watching it move on the track is the true testament. Are you sure that the R8's record has not soured your view of it?

With that said, I think the C65 is a viable choice and would love to see it grace the ALMS schedule.
Old 11 Nov 2003, 17:11 (Ref:780051)   #15
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt
I was impressed with thier results on Sunday...but do keep in mind that this is really their "home circuit" isn't it????
But with "paying pilots", not accustomed to the track... sorry Tim, I don't a point here.

The MGs were faster, but they've still reliability problems...
Old 11 Nov 2003, 17:14 (Ref:780053)   #16
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by 19dodge
Is this car going be running in LMP1 next year?
Definitely not : the C65 is a 'customer' project, buid to sale cars to customer's teams. The C65 is a LMP2 (750 kg) for new rules.

Quote:
Originally posted by 19dodge
Really doesnt make sense that they would run the C60 as well as the C65 in P1 next year. Maybe Courage should focus on one car, and enter 2 of them for LM next year
The goal for Yves Courage is still to win Le Mans ; with a LMP1/LMP900/LMGTP, well, the strongest category. He has the staff to cope with two cars at least, but he hopes for three, two work cars (LMP900 and LMP750), and a customer's car.
Old 11 Nov 2003, 17:23 (Ref:780069)   #17
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by paul-collins
how different is this car from the R8?
Two success in a different shape...
Old 11 Nov 2003, 17:24 (Ref:780072)   #18
917Addicted
Racer

917Addicted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hum, I'll disagree with you. I find the Courage a very
unnactractive car as was the BMW LMR.

Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Even if not the most beautiful (compared with the R8R it's kind of a dull design), it's not so awful...

(BTW, does anyone remeber the C11??? Yes that Silver one . After that, there hasn't been anything as pretty)

Last edited by 917Addicted; 11 Nov 2003 at 17:25.
Old 11 Nov 2003, 17:27 (Ref:780076)   #19
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by Thommy
But- which Team could it be?
I think the MG chassis is done for the American side, and Courage did the C65 for the European side (easier to maintain if necessary). But he won't say no to an american customer ! I cannot see one for no though...
Old 11 Nov 2003, 19:38 (Ref:780197)   #20
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
I don't see one, either,(an American customer on the horizon for the C65)...but I wish that I did...

Concerning the "paying pilots not familiar with the track"...

That is a good point to a degree, Fab, but also keep in mind that there would be many other things learned from testing with "other pilots" that would be of great advantage since it is one's "home track"...such as shock and suspension set-ups, aero info, tire info, gearing the car properly to suit the course -- these are just a few of the numerous baseline set-up items that would greatly benefit Courage compared to what their competitors could acquire from a test day plus practices just before the event...

Panoz has had the same benefits from testing what they build on Road Atlanta -- their "Home Circuit"

I'm not belittling what Couage accomplished Sunday, and I'm not saying it was a negative thing...far from it....I thought they had a very impressive run with an entirely new package and earned a well-deserved win....

But having those many opportunities to establish that baseline data on one's "home track" has to be a factor and must be at least considered as such....whether it is Courage at LM-Bugatti or Panoz at Road Atlanta...

Old 11 Nov 2003, 20:02 (Ref:780223)   #21
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If anything else, the Courage C65/JPX and the Lola B160/Judd has shown that the 675/750 category is a competitive one. This past weekend was the opening stanza between these two, and with both receiving a invite to LeMans it will continue, hopefully, at Sebring.
Old 11 Nov 2003, 21:07 (Ref:780269)   #22
billnchristy
Veteran

United States
Lawrenceville GA
billnchristy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like the C65. I like the Dome, it is a pretty decent looking car. But for outright meanness (is that a word?) I think the Panoz LMP1s and the R&S MkIIIc's take the cake.

MGs are kinda ugly when you get down to it, the pontoons are ugly...the paint is what makes those cars, as the RML entry was very nice looking.

As for audi, uh, naw, no comment...but...how would they perform with a Judd?
Old 11 Nov 2003, 21:08 (Ref:780271)   #23
billnchristy
Veteran

United States
Lawrenceville GA
billnchristy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh yeah, and as for the C65 being as fast as intersport therefore dyson...yeah, maybe everyone but weaver, you gotta take 2 or three seconds per lap off for him!
Old 11 Nov 2003, 21:26 (Ref:780281)   #24
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Weaver & Leitzinger get every ounce out of whatever they drive....

Question:

I was under the impression that there were certain 675s that would not be classified as LMP2s next year...like the MG-Lolas....but apparently this Courage will be...since it was purpose-built to ultimately run in this category....

Is that the case (for some of the 675s)?????

That's the way I understood it from various posts by Mulsanne Mike, among others...

Please clarify that for all of us....

Old 11 Nov 2003, 21:36 (Ref:780291)   #25
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Grandfathering rules are not yet specified. I know that Bucknum is still awaiting the announcement to see what (if any) changes they have to make to get into LMP2. American Spirit is running 2 B2K/40s with 3.0L motors next year (SR2?).

I'd be surprised if it were easy for the C65 to get into LMP2. It's on the same pace as the DBA and Lola B160, which indicates to me that it's too high tech to be LMP2. Now, if its packaging can be redone, I suppose... But everything I've heard thus far indicates that this is not an easy thing to do.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James