Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 30 Aug 2004, 20:37 (Ref:1081870)   #26
peckadj
Racer

peckadj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the info i read was that the dba/zytek was confirmed at petit...
but that means the dba, only
Old 31 Aug 2004, 13:45 (Ref:1082681)   #27
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've got an idea.....

Why don't we actually wait and see "who is really on it" and "who is missing" before we slam the entry list???

I still haven't seen a list posted on the IMSA or ALMS sites....

I'll reserve further comment until I read that list....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 31 Aug 2004, 19:42 (Ref:1083061)   #28
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The ALMS site announced today that the 2nd Champion Audi will compete at Petit Le Mans and Laguna with Johnny Herbert and Peter Kaffer as the pilots....

That's good news to see Johnny back racing in the ALMS....and for the 2nd Champion Audi to be entered onto the grid...

Last edited by Tim Northcutt; 31 Aug 2004 at 19:43.

Old 31 Aug 2004, 20:02 (Ref:1083085)   #29
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yep, this is great news indeed! The battle will be fierce between the two R8's, the Dyson Lolas, and the Creation DBA-Zytek.

And you're correct Tim, we need to sit back and wait for the official entry list to be posted. I can't wait for the last two races. Especially Laguna, as I will be there!
Old 31 Aug 2004, 20:25 (Ref:1083104)   #30
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Don't forget AutoCon....with the Elan power....

They will run well there....they have the experience and will now have better power to get there quicker...

Old 31 Aug 2004, 21:29 (Ref:1083176)   #31
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Very true Tim. I just hadn't heard them as confirmed yet. If they are confirmed, then I would certainly add them. If the Intersport Lola-Judd holds their Road America form, then they will be in the mix as well.
Old 31 Aug 2004, 21:31 (Ref:1083178)   #32
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
It is my understanding that AutoCon will be there....

Old 1 Sep 2004, 01:16 (Ref:1083291)   #33
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Do we know that AutoCon ever did install an Elan? I remember they couldn't do it in time for Sebring, since that required a complete rewire of the car, and Sebring was the last place they were seen.

Regardless, I hope to see them at Petit. That car rocked at Sebring!
Old 1 Sep 2004, 01:57 (Ref:1083304)   #34
LouisTheShark
Racer

LouisTheShark should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLouisTheShark should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PLM entry deadline was August 11. Still no officially published entry list. Makes you wonder about what we may or may not see. Seems the ALMS is now taking the approach Grand Am took when they had small entries, not publishing entry lists until the last moment.
Old 1 Sep 2004, 05:26 (Ref:1083432)   #35
PRODRIVEALLSTAR
Rookie

PRODRIVEALLSTAR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I WENT TO PLM LAST YR FOR THE WEEK AND STAYED IN A MOTEL, IT WAS MY FIRST EVER, I LOVED IT ! I AM GOING THIS YR AND CAMPING AT THE TRACK FOR THE WEEK. I HAVE SAW A CONFIRMED ZYTEK ENTRY FOR PLM, AND I HAVE HEARD TALKS OF 1 MORE ZYTEK AND A FEW OTHER DIFFIRENT ENTRIES, BUT NOTHING OFFICIAL. IM JUST GONNA SIT AND WAIT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE ON A OFFICIAL ENTRY LIST. IF ANYONE HAS LINKS TO ANY OTHER OFFICIAL ENTRIES PLEASE POST THE LINK.
Old 1 Sep 2004, 07:08 (Ref:1083484)   #36
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by PRODRIVEALLSTAR
I WENT TO PLM LAST YR...
Unlock "shift", please...
Old 1 Sep 2004, 13:20 (Ref:1083782)   #37
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Quote:
Originally posted by skycafe
Do we know that AutoCon ever did install an Elan? I remember they couldn't do it in time for Sebring, since that required a complete rewire of the car, and Sebring was the last place they were seen.

Regardless, I hope to see them at Petit. That car rocked at Sebring!

From what I have gathered, the team is doing the rewiring, and the Elan will be in the R&S for Petit....

I do not know if they will have the opportunity to test it or not....

But their plan is to run the Elan engine in the car

Old 1 Sep 2004, 13:22 (Ref:1083786)   #38
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
and I concur with your final line 1,000% skycafe!!!

AutoCon had a GREAT run at Sebring...the drivers were solid, their stops were excellent, and they had a solid 7th place finish....

I thought they got the shaft from the ACO when the invites for LM came out, and was more than a little bit vocal about it at the time...

I really hope they have a great run in these final two races to set themselves up well for 2005....

Last edited by Tim Northcutt; 1 Sep 2004 at 13:23.

Old 1 Sep 2004, 15:07 (Ref:1083850)   #39
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've been promised that the list will be out by the end of this week.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 1 Sep 2004, 15:12 (Ref:1083859)   #40
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
I anxiously await it....

Old 1 Sep 2004, 20:24 (Ref:1084123)   #41
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
The ALMS site has confirmed the Creation DBA/Zytek as an entry both at Petit and Laguna Seca....

We've already known this, but I guess that would make it "official"....

Old 1 Sep 2004, 21:01 (Ref:1084171)   #42
peckadj
Racer

peckadj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
???

do you mean here?
http://www.americanlemans.com/home/index.aspx
Old 1 Sep 2004, 21:18 (Ref:1084190)   #43
Shady#30
Rookie

Shady#30 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hear theres a DSC story confirming a Ferrari 360 GTC for PLM. Any subscribers wanna verify that story?
Old 1 Sep 2004, 21:21 (Ref:1084192)   #44
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Sorry.....

I mis-stated that....

I got an e-mail from a friend who shared that confirmation with me.....

and I would expect to see something on their site this week about it...

I was on the phone with a reporter who is fact-checking a story and I didn't type that message correctly and hit "send" on it...

apologies to all....

But keep checking their site, because this would be big enough news for them to do a story on it...

Old 1 Sep 2004, 22:02 (Ref:1084226)   #45
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
The Cirtek Ferrari 360GTC is confirmed with their 911RSR a possible
Old 2 Sep 2004, 14:05 (Ref:1084826)   #46
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone got any news on the Rollcentre Dallara entering the final 2 events? Last I saw was a article from www.dailysportscar.com reporting that the team is looking to contest the final 2 rounds of the ALMS, but just needs to find 1 additional driver....
Old 2 Sep 2004, 14:12 (Ref:1084830)   #47
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
The ALMS site did confirm the Creation Zytek this morning....

so the tip from my friend was correct that they are entered...

and my speculation that the ALMS would probably do an article on the news was lucky enough to be correct as well...

So Creation is now "officially entered" at Petit and Laguna...they will run the final two events of the ALMS season...

Old 2 Sep 2004, 15:27 (Ref:1084910)   #48
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thats great creation is racing in the final two events. i assume that part of their reason for coming over is to show the corvette team that they are worthy of recieving the two corvette chassis that are being run right now for creation to use next year in FIA GT/LMES
Old 2 Sep 2004, 15:45 (Ref:1084926)   #49
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
I read the Creation article and they are riding that confidence they have built in the LMES. This car will be quick at Road Atlanta, but it's a long race, so we'll see. However, this car should be mega at Laguna Seca and will give the Champion Audis and the Dyson boys all they can handle.

It was also good to see the "official" confirmation from AutoCon. That's seven P1 cars so far. Keep em coming!
Old 2 Sep 2004, 17:12 (Ref:1085020)   #50
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And couldn't the factory drivers in the second Prodrive car at Spa be an indication of a visit from our favorite Corvette contender? I certainly hope so, but they could also be headed east...