Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 Sep 2004, 14:44 (Ref:1090919)   #76
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt
Question:

Arena received an Auto Invite to Le Mans that had to be withdrawn...

What chassis did that original entry have listed????

Was it a Zytek???

I can't remember....

From memory their Le Mans entry was a Dome (Mugen-powered?)
Old 9 Sep 2004, 15:45 (Ref:1090956)   #77
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That's right, now that you mention it....

Thanks, KA

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 10 Sep 2004, 01:05 (Ref:1091459)   #78
slicktsax
Racer

slicktsax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i was hoping to see the barron conner 575's or larbre bring a 550 or even one or the care racing 550's. and even a jmb 360. this is disappointing. and to think last year there were 3 prodrive 550's at petit. hopefully we'll see some more entires soon or for laguna seca and hopefully the 05' sebring list will be a good
Old 10 Sep 2004, 01:10 (Ref:1091462)   #79
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmm, in a way this is a dissapointing grid. In other ways though its pretty good IMO. Sure the GTS/GT grids could well do with being a bit stronger than what they are, but the LMP 1 field for once looks reasonably healthy, and not because of European precence (barring the Creation Zytek) - if the ALMS can put grids like this together on a regular basis next year, coupled with the arrival of a couple more new GTS and GT class cars I think the ALMS is looking in good shape for 2005. A field of 36+ cars looks like it could be on the cards for next year, sure thats not quite up to what the LMES gets at the moment but all the same its nothing to be ashamed of either. Great to see the ALMS finally looking like its getting back on its feet again.
Old 10 Sep 2004, 05:00 (Ref:1091542)   #80
PRODRIVEALLSTAR
Rookie

PRODRIVEALLSTAR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On the plm entrie list when it first came out, the seikel porsche had a entrie, but i just looked at it again and it isnt there anymore. Does this mean the withdrew from the race ? If so there is only 30 entries now, but im sure there is more to come after spa. Has anybody else heard any news on this ? Also i saw that jan lammers is sharing a dyson lola w/ chris dyson.
Old 10 Sep 2004, 17:30 (Ref:1092150)   #81
PRODRIVEALLSTAR
Rookie

I just read on lmsr.net the larbre is going to run the panoz "for the fans and don" does this mean they are going to enter in plm w/ the panoz ? if they do then they should also enter the 550 ferrari and run it to, i dont see the logic in just bringing the panoz. If there coming to plm they might as well bring the 550 ferrari also,w/ the panoz.
Old 10 Sep 2004, 23:30 (Ref:1092387)   #82
Garrett
Racer

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
Garrett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ya, that is what I read also at LMSR.net. Larbre said that they are going to run the Panoz "for the fans... and Don." To me, " for the fans" has to be the ALMS and it is a hint that the Panoz GTR-1 should be coming to PLM. Awsome if it hapens!
Old 11 Sep 2004, 06:57 (Ref:1092626)   #83
PRODRIVEALLSTAR
Rookie

If they just enter the panoz, ill be dissapointed. If they are coming , why not run the ferrari also!
Old 11 Sep 2004, 07:16 (Ref:1092633)   #84
pounetbf
Racer

pounetbf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Garrett
Ya, that is what I read also at LMSR.net. Larbre said that they are going to run the Panoz "for the fans... and Don." To me, " for the fans" has to be the ALMS and it is a hint that the Panoz GTR-1 should be coming to PLM. Awsome if it hapens!
As far as i have understood this is only about Spa

They run it in Spa "for the fans an Don"
Old 11 Sep 2004, 15:24 (Ref:1092997)   #85
Garrett
Racer

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
LMSR.net reported the news about Larbre and Panoz and said the quoat "for the fans" which probably hints the ALMS, Petit Le Mans. What other racing series has the logo "for the fans". Only the ALMS. Ummmmm.....?
Old 12 Sep 2004, 16:54 (Ref:1094213)   #86
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have just spotted this on the MG-Xpower Forum, Jan Lammers will share one of the Dyson MG's with Chris Dyson. Andy Wallace is moving over to the James Weaver/Butch Leitzinger car (now there is a driver line if every I saw one).
Old 12 Sep 2004, 18:26 (Ref:1094301)   #87
Shady#30
Rookie

Shady#30 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The last update of the official entry confirmed that
Old 12 Sep 2004, 20:51 (Ref:1094425)   #88
PRODRIVEALLSTAR
Rookie

I just read on lmsr.net that marshall cooke racing has confirmed 2 lola/millington entries for plm.
Old 13 Sep 2004, 17:27 (Ref:1095405)   #89
PRODRIVEALLSTAR
Rookie

Just saw on the plm entrie list that cirtek will enter its 360 gtc, and also foxhill racing's porsche 911 rs has been entered.

I also read on lmsr.net a quote from creation ..."We also hope to have some interesting news regarding the rest of the year for the DBA & The Lister Storm(s)" wouldnt it be nice if they also ran a lister at plm.

Last edited by PRODRIVEALLSTAR; 13 Sep 2004 at 17:30.
Old 13 Sep 2004, 17:31 (Ref:1095417)   #90
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
They can't run a Lister at PLM it is't ACO homologated
Old 14 Sep 2004, 14:44 (Ref:1096373)   #91
PRODRIVEALLSTAR
Rookie

Lmsr.net reported that lister has abandoned its plans to run plm and laguna due to the lack of funding. They also reported that cirtek has entered its porsche, and ferrari in gt class.
Old 14 Sep 2004, 15:20 (Ref:1096397)   #92
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Cirtek was confirmed here two weeks ago
Old 14 Sep 2004, 15:44 (Ref:1096411)   #93
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
... and have sent out press releases about it, now.

http://www.motorsport.com/news/artic...FS=ALMS-LEMANS

dailysportscar did report the F360 was for sure, on September 1, and that the RSR was likely. But Cirtek took their time in getting the paperwork filed (and showed up on the entry list last night), and then released the PR immediately after.

Last edited by paul-collins; 14 Sep 2004 at 15:46.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 14 Sep 2004, 16:03 (Ref:1096432)   #94
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Its great news for the race, two top class GT cars, the Porker driving squad is one which will have the ALMS regulars looking over their shoulders!
Old 15 Sep 2004, 19:08 (Ref:1097540)   #95
Garrett
Racer

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
What happened to Rollcentre? I thought that they were going to enter their Dallara Judd for PLM, but could not confirm anything until after Spa. Did they just decide not to run at PLM? And Taurus, there were rumors of the diesel racing at PLM?
Old 15 Sep 2004, 19:20 (Ref:1097547)   #96
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I can't see Rollcentre making the trip following the accident at Spa on Sunday. I also see from DSC that Joao Barbosa (one of the Rollcentre drivers all year) will drive the ACEMCO Saleen.
Old 15 Sep 2004, 19:25 (Ref:1097555)   #97
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would agree, rdjones....

and an incident like that which occurred on Sunday is why a team like RollCentre did not submit an entry before Spa....

If you have an accident, you're out the $$$ to reparir it, plus the entry fee you sent in to enter the race...

As for me, I think Larbre probably will show up on the list with the Batmobile and possibly a 550...but that is just an "out in left field" guess...

But I do thinkw we'll see a couple of additional entries....

Note...the two Marshall Cooke LMP2 Lolas have not turned up on the list yet, and if Lucchini decides to come to Laguna (to show off the car for possible North American customers), they would probabaly make it a "duoble" by entering Petit as well...

also a guess on my part, but thise seem to be logical possibilities...

Old 16 Sep 2004, 16:09 (Ref:1098414)   #98
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Well....

The two Marshall Cooke entires have "officially" turned up on the list, as was expected and reported here in this thread and in other sources....

The total entries is 35 now....

I expect another car or two...

Old 16 Sep 2004, 20:58 (Ref:1098732)   #99
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Just had word from Panoz that Christophe Tinseau will share the Esperante, wiht Gunnar Jeannette and Marino Franchitt.
Old 16 Sep 2004, 21:01 (Ref:1098736)   #100
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
A good third pilot!!!!

But I wish David Salaens was still in that mix....

although Franchitti also can drive....

I hope they can have good reliability to match the speed they've shown at times....

I was impressed with their run at Mid-Ohio when I was there...