Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 27 Jan 2010, 22:52 (Ref:2620660)   #1
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ford losing numbers in the Utes too ..

Leading Ford drivers Layton Crambrook and Craig Dontas will hang up the blue flag and step into a Holden VE Commodore SS V8 Ute for the tenth year of the Yokohama V8 Ute Racing Series – protected by Armor All.

Crambrook, the 2008 Champion will sport new Ice Break coffee colours on his Holden VE purchased from Ray Sidebottom who will be stepping out of the V8 Ute Series in 2010.

“Our new sponsor Ice Break has a relationship with Holden and we had to be in a Holden,” said Crambrook.

Crambrook is confident the red colours will help him regain his 2008 title, which he is keen to reclaim after a frustrating 2009.

“We are hoping for three years in a row,” commented Crambrook, still hopeful his judicial hearing from 2009 will be overturned in his favour which is still under CAMS investigation.

South Australian Craig Dontas who is gearing up for the “Ten Years of Legends Race” in his home town with race-partner Leanne Tander is feeling good about the Holden move.

“I suppose the biggest thing is Thirsty Camel wanted a change, a fresh look and to run a Holden,” said Dontas.

Dontas’ ute was recently purchased by David Murphy (Kim Jane Racing head mechanic), which was driven by Kurt Wimmer in 2009.

The Thirsty Camel Racing driver, will still sport the Green Camel colours but will change his number to 22.

“I suppose it’s one of those things… 45 was my number for a long time, since I was a kid and it was time for a change. It’s sentimental as it’s the day of my birthday and also my little fella is born on the 2nd of the 2nd so it all just made sense really,” explained Dontas.

Both drivers will take to the track in their Holden’s over March 11 – 14 at the Clipsal 500 for the “Ten Years of Legends Race”, which is a two driver format and a celebration of the V8 Utes tenth year. Each driver will have 1 practice, 1 qualifying and 1 race with the final race a two driver format with mid race driver change. The Clipsal event will be round 1 of the 2010 Yokohama V8 Ute Racing Series – protected by Armor All.

The V8 Utes had their inaugural race at the Clipsal 500 in 2001 and have competed at the Adelaide street race every year since.

http://www.ozracingwrap.com.au/gener...as-switch.html
Old 28 Jan 2010, 00:52 (Ref:2620710)   #2
Marcos WTF
Racer

Australia
On a former RAAF airfield
Marcos WTF is a back marker
Warning

Forecasters predict more gloom & doom combined with angst and panty bunching from frod appologists over the latest round of defections..........

I can hear the violins already..........
Old 28 Jan 2010, 01:01 (Ref:2620713)   #3
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos WTF View Post
Forecasters predict more gloom & doom combined with angst and panty bunching from frod appologists over the latest round of defections..........

I can hear the violins already..........
Old 28 Jan 2010, 03:12 (Ref:2620747)   #4
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Except, correct me if I am wrong but, the utes actually have an equal number of Holden and Ford franchises I believe. So nothing to see, move along.
Old 28 Jan 2010, 04:37 (Ref:2620770)   #5
Bevan-L
Veteran

Australia-Aboriginal
Can-Brah!!
Bevan-L should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
in y0 face ford!!!!

HOLDEN TOTAL DOMINATION!!!!!!!!!!!!

This has been a great day full of excitement.. only thing left is for me to go pick up my new KIA from the dealer today!!!! cant get any better
Old 28 Jan 2010, 06:01 (Ref:2620782)   #6
NewsStalker
Veteran

NewsStalker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Except, correct me if I am wrong but, the utes actually have an equal number of Holden and Ford franchises I believe. So nothing to see, move along.
Which would suggest that two drivers are moving to Ford - so who are they? (serious question btw)
Old 28 Jan 2010, 06:10 (Ref:2620783)   #7
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewsStalker View Post
Which would suggest that two drivers are moving to Ford - so who are they? (serious question btw)
I wondered that when I saw the bit about Crambrook changing a couple of weeks ago.

Nandi Kiss has his up for lease in AA I think it was.
Old 28 Jan 2010, 07:14 (Ref:2620798)   #8
NewsStalker
Veteran

NewsStalker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess the question I am asknig then is:

Have they simply changed makes within their own 'franchise' (which would leave the field unbalanced now) or have they swapped their franchise with another that was formerly a Holden one? (not following the Ute's too closely, someone else may know)
Old 28 Jan 2010, 10:11 (Ref:2620886)   #9
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dontas’ ute was recently purchased by David Murphy (Kim Jane Racing head mechanic), which was driven by Kurt Wimmer in 2009.

It is writtten in the story above

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 28 Jan 2010, 12:38 (Ref:2620981)   #10
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewsStalker View Post
I guess the question I am asknig then is:

Have they simply changed makes within their own 'franchise' (which would leave the field unbalanced now) or have they swapped their franchise with another that was formerly a Holden one? (not following the Ute's too closely, someone else may know)
I was under the impression that the franchises were issued as Holden or Ford so there would be always equal numbers if all competed.

This from the website would indicate that, however they don't spell it out in black and white.
The Category was conceived in 2000 and launched March 2001 at the Clipsal 500 in Adelaide. The series was a smash, literally, and the fans loved it. Now, 16 identical Ford BF Falcon XR8 V8's and 16 Holden SS Commodores make up the entire field with a stellar cast of drivers that just love showbiz!

Further on all they say is:

Australian V8 Ute Racing Pty. Ltd is an organisation made up of 32 shareholders each owning a Ute that drives in the Yokohama V8 Ute Racing Series

Last edited by sizzle; 28 Jan 2010 at 12:44. Reason: Add info
Old 20 Mar 2010, 00:36 (Ref:2656179)   #11
Spunky
Racer

Spunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crambrooks sponsor wanted a Holden hence the change. Ford owners will need to purchase a new FG later this year maybe Dontas got a good deal.
Old 21 Mar 2010, 07:30 (Ref:2657060)   #12
snappa
Racer

snappa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The FG wont be seen in the utes. A new model is due out shortly ( FH designation I think ) due to the current 5.4L V8 running out of emission compliance in april. The new V8's will be a 5L from america which is in the 2010 mustang. Snappa