Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Jun 2006, 10:05 (Ref:1630504)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Silverstone Practice, Qualifying and Race Thread

Ha Rennen,

Beat ya too it!
Old 9 Jun 2006, 10:19 (Ref:1630513)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Montagny is the first casualty. Stoped at turn 1 (That's Copse).
Old 9 Jun 2006, 11:05 (Ref:1630538)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Neither Williams turned a wheel in that session.
Old 9 Jun 2006, 11:09 (Ref:1630539)   #4
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not even an installation lap. Dont know if it means anything or not though, but i suppose with Wurz, theyve just got to start the race cars in the garage and thats enough till later today.

Good little battle though between Wurz and Davison, seperated by 0.057 by the end of it.
Old 9 Jun 2006, 11:12 (Ref:1630540)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Don't ignore Kubica's efforts either.
Old 9 Jun 2006, 11:16 (Ref:1630542)   #6
marzF1rocks
Racer

England
Derbyshire
marzF1rocks has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Honda havn't done to bad in session one

Ant 2nd

Rubans 6th

Jenson 7th

Well Done to them
Old 9 Jun 2006, 11:42 (Ref:1630563)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
here's the times from F1.com.

FWIW they ignore those who actually ran an installation lap but the only two cars that stayed put were the Williams' of Webber and Rosberg.

1 35 Alexander Wurz Williams-Cosworth 1:21.946

2 36 Anthony Davidson Honda 1:22.003

3 38 Robert Kubica Sauber-BMW 1:22.365

4 8 Jarno Trulli Toyota 1:22.877

5 5 Michael Schumacher Ferrari 1:22.925

6 11 Rubens Barrichello Honda 1:23.128

7 12 Jenson Button Honda 1:23.415

8 6 Felipe Massa Ferrari 1:23.816

9 19 Christijan Albers MF1-Toyota 1:24.019

10 18 Tiago Monteiro MF1-Toyota 1:24.070

11 39 Giorgio Mondini MF1-Toyota 1:24.087

12 40 Neel Jani STR-Cosworth 1:24.145

13 22 Takuma Sato Super Aguri-Honda 1:27.724

14 41 Sakon Yamamoto Super Aguri-Honda 1:29.678

15 37 Robert Doornbos RBR-Ferrari

16 23 Franck Montagny Super Aguri-Honda

17 7 Ralf Schumacher Toyota

18 1 Fernando Alonso Renault

19 2 Giancarlo Fisichella Renault

20 15 Christian Klien RBR-Ferrari

21 14 David Coulthard RBR-Ferrari

22 3 Kimi Räikkönen McLaren-Mercedes

23 4 Juan Pablo Montoya McLaren-Mercedes

24 21 Scott Speed STR-Cosworth

25 17 Jacques Villeneuve Sauber-BMW

26 16 Nick Heidfeld Sauber-BMW

27 20 Vitantonio Liuzzi STR-Cosworth

28 9 Mark Webber Williams-Cosworth

29 10 Nico Rosberg Williams-Cosworth
© 2006 Formula One Administration Ltd. A Formula One Group Company. All rights reserved.
Old 9 Jun 2006, 12:31 (Ref:1630608)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Ha Rennen,

Beat ya too it!
Nah that was Wurz who did that

Some good laps by the two principle runners there. Data city and decent pace.
Old 9 Jun 2006, 13:53 (Ref:1630646)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well I'm almost glad I missed the Friday this year.....nobody has done any laps!

Looks even worse than last year!

Last edited by Knowlesy; 9 Jun 2006 at 14:10.
Old 9 Jun 2006, 14:07 (Ref:1630650)   #10
aj_308
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
aj_308 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FWIW, Wurz seemed to do very badly in the afternoon session, he was lagging well down until the final seconds.
Old 9 Jun 2006, 14:14 (Ref:1630654)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Must admit watching FI timing it was a bit Stark.
Old 9 Jun 2006, 15:01 (Ref:1630665)   #12
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kubica by a second in practice 2? Man, someone give that guy a race drive!
Old 9 Jun 2006, 17:21 (Ref:1630723)   #13
sonic
Veteran

sonic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiorentina 1
Kubica by a second in practice 2? Man, someone give that guy a race drive!
I think he is very good. but not, I suspect, a genuine 1.2 seconds a lap faster than anyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Must admit watching FI timing it was a bit Stark.
Yeah, what a nonsense fridays in formula 1 are these days. I nearly went along today but glad i didn't. at least in the old days friday featured an actual offficial timed session which was pretty important if rain threatened the next day. even pre the 2 race engine rule you would see a bit more of an effort from the race drivers.

I reckon let them all just run unlimited friday practice laps and ban testing in all but the winter break. save a lot more money than the stupid engine freeze.

Last edited by sonic; 9 Jun 2006 at 17:24.
Old 9 Jun 2006, 19:58 (Ref:1630812)   #14
rallycrosscraig
Racer

rallycrosscraig has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I was there today, session 1 was a bit of a non event (still good to watch the quick guys) session two was excellent; was watching at MAgotts then Copse then club, the cornering speeds are mind boggling this year.

Renault and Ferrari looked very good, visibly more stable than the rest.
BWM's looked very hard/nervous but Kubica put in some very quick times would be good to see JV and Heidfeld up near the front.
Old 9 Jun 2006, 21:22 (Ref:1630847)   #15
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I thought Juan's looked particularly unstable.

Regarding the lack of Friday running: expect 2008 to see close to none.
Old 9 Jun 2006, 23:36 (Ref:1630903)   #16
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Peter, you broke the record of posts in sequence...
Old 10 Jun 2006, 03:45 (Ref:1630953)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
@rse!
Old 10 Jun 2006, 08:20 (Ref:1630998)   #18
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Looking forward to qualifying,i understand that 'NO PARKING' signs have been placed on certain corners around the track.
Old 10 Jun 2006, 08:46 (Ref:1631016)   #19
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
Looking forward to qualifying,i understand that 'NO PARKING' signs have been placed on certain corners around the track.

Old 10 Jun 2006, 09:32 (Ref:1631028)   #20
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well that seesion was a little better!

Schumacher returning to form, quick Nick right up there too. And fair play to RB he's got the jump on Button again.

Should be a good qualifying session this afternoon.
Old 10 Jun 2006, 09:36 (Ref:1631031)   #21
kmsport
Veteran

Australia
SA
kmsport has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
is Webber following a set programme, or is he going to be THAT slow Peter?
Old 10 Jun 2006, 10:24 (Ref:1631063)   #22
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmsport
is Webber following a set programme, or is he going to be THAT slow Peter?
The Williams will be slow here, its another aero-dependent circuit.

Having said that, Potsie was almost a second quicker in P2 than in P3, not that it would have made a huge change in positions.

You would expect a 13th or so qualifying result, and fingers crossed, maybe top 10 or top 8 in the race....
Old 10 Jun 2006, 10:27 (Ref:1631067)   #23
kmsport
Veteran

Australia
SA
kmsport has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
hmm, but Brundle on TV is predicting more than that.
It is more then aero dependent though, it requires good roll centre migration too.

Last edited by kmsport; 10 Jun 2006 at 10:30.
Old 10 Jun 2006, 10:29 (Ref:1631069)   #24
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmsport
ok, but i asked Peter
Oh I'm sorry for having an opinion.
Old 10 Jun 2006, 10:40 (Ref:1631075)   #25
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Get on with the show, guys