Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 31 Aug 2020, 13:07 (Ref:3999228)   #1101
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I second that, we don’t watch Le Mans to see them follow each other at reduced speed
I have had that for large oeriods of the race many times over the years, but only because of a serious accident, the silence has woken me up from a nice sleep several times.
Old 31 Aug 2020, 16:08 (Ref:3999257)   #1102
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
My goodness, that can't possibly be an option Pascal? It would completely ruin the race.
No, no, Andrew !
I just have a lot of imagination.
Old 31 Aug 2020, 16:28 (Ref:3999262)   #1103
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
is imagination still allowed in France? over here i think it has been put into quarantine until covid has been beaten, so will be a while
Old 31 Aug 2020, 18:24 (Ref:3999282)   #1104
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
I have now heard that Belgian marshals are pulling out, which is a significant number and that our German friends will not travel to France either. The gaps in marshalling cover are getting larger., but I'm sure the ACO will find a way to continue with the race (find a solution at the last moment, it's the French way)

Last edited by Bodysnatcher; 31 Aug 2020 at 18:41.
Old 1 Sep 2020, 02:13 (Ref:3999347)   #1105
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A different kind of event (completely!), but the Tour is going ahead and just finished it’s third day. These all involved Nice and I understand this is one of the worse areas for COVID in France. Although those with local knowledge may know better.
Old 1 Sep 2020, 05:56 (Ref:3999355)   #1106
smithhehehaha
Racer

smithhehehaha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will the authorities cordon the whole circuit area to make sure no public member can get a sneak view of the race? Including the restaurants, hotels and hostels?
Old 1 Sep 2020, 07:19 (Ref:3999358)   #1107
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
A different kind of event (completely!), but the Tour is going ahead and just finished it’s third day. These all involved Nice and I understand this is one of the worse areas for COVID in France. Although those with local knowledge may know better.
Yeah Nice and surrounding area was under red alert but it still ran there for three days. Some quite big crowds and no evidence of social distancing in place between the fans.

I think the Tour has far more weight behind it and it's a bit of a moving beast. I think it will only be rider/team positives that will derail it, which a lot of people expect. Hopefully not though.
Old 1 Sep 2020, 08:21 (Ref:3999361)   #1108
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I've kept a bit in touch with the tour. Obviously they have a plan if anyone tests postitve, but so far it's run well without problems
Old 1 Sep 2020, 09:29 (Ref:3999370)   #1109
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I get the feeling they'll run the 24hrs with the minimum number of marshals, make them work longer stints (I assume the ACO can make their own rules up in these areas) and, as has happened at UK races, don't send them out to retrieve any cars, just get the driver to safety and wait for a recovery vehicle (under safety car or red flag).
Old 1 Sep 2020, 09:35 (Ref:3999371)   #1110
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
I get the feeling they'll run the 24hrs with the minimum number of marshals, make them work longer stints (I assume the ACO can make their own rules up in these areas) and, as has happened at UK races, don't send them out to retrieve any cars, just get the driver to safety and wait for a recovery vehicle (under safety car or red flag).
In Denmark marshals/officials are working under normal working regulations, meaning that a shift cannot be longer than 8 hours.
Old 1 Sep 2020, 09:44 (Ref:3999372)   #1111
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
is imagination still allowed in France?
No! Why asking? As to the date I'd say around 1900 or may be before… To make it clear we're allowed to do nothing but pay and certainly not thinking, which is easy knowing the average brain or what is left from…

Find a solution at the last moment was the french way. The system ha's been improved since but it takes a while now…*We find a better solution but after the last moment. Progress they call it!!

J'imagine mal Les 24 Heures du Mans sans public donc sans la fête et la magie qui entourent cette épreuve mythique. In this world of madness after sim racing we have sim spectating. And probably sim deception…
Old 2 Sep 2020, 14:16 (Ref:3999630)   #1112
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Travel update - or perhaps more saliently Non-travel update.

Spoke to Eurotunnel today as I had two bookings (LM and N24) due later this month and which had already moved dates once each. As a result, should be getting a credit note for both with effectively two years life; works for me.
Old 2 Sep 2020, 15:33 (Ref:3999648)   #1113
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
Each marshals post operates as a separate entity. If they want to work it with 12 hour shifts, its up to them. We ran 3 hr shifts, 4hr also common, less so 6hr.

Word is approx 1/3 of marshals so far have dropped out (1000 as opposed to 1500).

With those numbers the ACO will carry on. (as normal?)

However there are still 2 weeks to go and some marshals may not yet have told the coordinator of their intentions.
Old 2 Sep 2020, 17:22 (Ref:3999677)   #1114
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks for the update, much appreciated.
Old 2 Sep 2020, 18:18 (Ref:3999688)   #1115
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Travel update - or perhaps more saliently Non-travel update.

Spoke to Eurotunnel today as I had two bookings (LM and N24) due later this month and which had already moved dates once each. As a result, should be getting a credit note for both with effectively two years life; works for me.
I don't know how their call centre operates but each time I've phoned I've spoken to the same very helpful chap, who recently offered me the same credit note. They do seem to have their act together in that regard.
Old 2 Sep 2020, 21:33 (Ref:3999712)   #1116
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I don't know how their call centre operates but each time I've phoned I've spoken to the same very helpful chap, who recently offered me the same credit note. They do seem to have their act together in that regard.
Agree; the lady I spoke to was very good. Knew her stuff, understood what I wanted to do, explained how it would work with the credit note and how long it would be valid for - but that more customer service lines were staffed by such helpful and, more importantly, helpful people.
Old 8 Sep 2020, 21:03 (Ref:4001029)   #1117
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Oh and this -

If you had access to the Member Area for 2020, you will soon receive a voucher to use when you renew your membership.
Anyone heard anything about this? I still have no clue.
Old 8 Sep 2020, 21:17 (Ref:4001034)   #1118
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No, I've heard nothing more....
Old 9 Sep 2020, 06:15 (Ref:4001058)   #1119
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I have had a credit note for my camping ticket but nothing yet on my race tickets. OK race tickets bought only a few months ago but would haave expected something by now. Not had anything related to Membership either, but think that is unlikely.
Old 9 Sep 2020, 09:08 (Ref:4001082)   #1120
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I disagree....
Old 9 Sep 2020, 14:39 (Ref:4001139)   #1121
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
After saying i had had nothing re the race tickets i got the voucher today. Now just need to wait for the 2021 ticket opening, anyone have an incline when that will be.
Old 9 Sep 2020, 14:51 (Ref:4001143)   #1122
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, it's normally in fairly early October for members... So I guess they'll stick with that.
Old 9 Sep 2020, 15:01 (Ref:4001151)   #1123
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Well, it's normally in fairly early October for members... So I guess they'll stick with that.
They might delay it, as things do not seem to be sorting themselves out, the hope that things will be back to normal next year is fading
Old 9 Sep 2020, 15:41 (Ref:4001170)   #1124
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I don't think things will be back to normal, as we know it, but I hope they're quite a bit closer to that than they are now. We do still have 9 months to go.
Old 9 Sep 2020, 16:02 (Ref:4001177)   #1125
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
I don't think things will be back to normal, as we know it, but I hope they're quite a bit closer to that than they are now. We do still have 9 months to go.
Yep every thing is crossed.
Closed Thread