Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 6 Jun 2005, 19:54 (Ref:1321700)   #126
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul-collins
There are no true LMP1s, only hybrids (Dome, Courage, Pesca), LMP900s (Audi, Rollcentre, RfH) and LMP675s (Creation, Jota).
Isn't the Nasamax a true LMP1 car (unfortuntate they have withdrawn)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunlop Corner
I am really confused with what rules the LMP1s run under.
So what i would like to know is, which cars is true LMP1s, which are hybrids and who runs as LMP900?
See Mulsanne's Corner for some explanation.
Old 6 Jun 2005, 19:55 (Ref:1321701)   #127
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, I was under the impression that the WR is a hybrid as well...

Hey 19dodge, when will be seeing the fantacy competition round for Le Mans? Not trying to push, I know it's an undertaking, but I'm just curious. Thanks.
Old 6 Jun 2005, 20:07 (Ref:1321714)   #128
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
I think the Nasamax was a hybrid, given especially that it was built from the old Reynard chassis. It was the only car running to even hybrid specs in LMP900 last year, which is I think why it was given so much attention as a representative of the characteristics of the new LMP1 formula.

I believe the WRs are hybrids. I remember there was at least one hybrid WR built up last year, and the two cars now seem to be in fairly similar spec despite their different origins. The headlamps on the two cars do seem to be different shapes, though.
Old 6 Jun 2005, 20:11 (Ref:1321719)   #129
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
I think the Nasamax was a hybrid, given especially that it was built from the old Reynard chassis. It was the only car running to even hybrid specs in LMP900 last year, which is I think why it was given so much attention as a representative of the characteristics of the new LMP1 formula.

Probably right, but I knew there was something special (no, not only the fuel ) on the Nasamax car.
Old 6 Jun 2005, 22:04 (Ref:1321843)   #130
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The WR... just how old is that car? As in how much has it been developed over time?
Old 6 Jun 2005, 22:06 (Ref:1321846)   #131
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I believe they revised it last year...but could be wrong on that...

Mulsannes Corner would be the site to check...they would have the most cureent info concerning updates or revisions to the chassis...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 7 Jun 2005, 00:52 (Ref:1321968)   #132
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
For pics, try those ones :
- ACO
- Paddock.net
- PlanetLeMans (seeing the cameras Sander and Vinnie brought on the spot, I couldn't wait for the result !)
- n138.com (Karl Kling kindly hosting some of mine)
and probably soon :
- Zoom24, by BernardB
- Infocourse
- Jérôme Mugnier's Virages

Sorry for those I forgot !
Also a lot of great photos to be found here.
Old 7 Jun 2005, 03:18 (Ref:1322017)   #133
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
The WR... just how old is that car? As in how much has it been developed over time?
I think that one chassis was the new-for-2003 car that raced at LM and the LM 1000k that year, and the other is a car from the previous generation (same type as the rotary one...) that they have been running ever since. I may, of course, be completely wrong!
Old 7 Jun 2005, 03:30 (Ref:1322019)   #134
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
Hey 19dodge, when will be seeing the fantacy competition round for Le Mans? Not trying to push, I know it's an undertaking, but I'm just curious. Thanks.
its been up for a few days now

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69924
Old 7 Jun 2005, 03:30 (Ref:1322020)   #135
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Infocourse posted pics and reports yesterday eve...
Old 7 Jun 2005, 03:37 (Ref:1322024)   #136
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
You'll certainly appreciate the top speeds that Laurent posted on Infocourse... lots of comments to be made there...

(we don't know where they were recorded, though, as the note given to Infocourse didn't mention it...).

Last edited by Fab; 9 Jun 2005 at 19:00.
Old 7 Jun 2005, 03:44 (Ref:1322028)   #137
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul-collins
As to Creation's performance, apparently they were suffering from understeer, and were running high downforce at front to partly compensate, but that had an effect on straightline speed. (per dailysportscar)
There's a Minassian' interview on Infocourse : he says "We're rolling with absoloutely no downforce, to gain in aerodynamic rendition"... I won't dare to translate in technical terms

He also says that they've no real aerodynamical problems, but mainly a lack of top speed, in comparaison with the hybrids.

And the team meant to put soft rubbers at the end of the day, but the rain came...

Minass stated that their time is what they could hold easely during the race. They'll try a qualification time next week...
Old 7 Jun 2005, 03:49 (Ref:1322031)   #138
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
More links to pics on Jérôme Mugnier's Virages - including Motorsport.com, for Chris

A nice report and Loeb's arrival pics on Soheil Ayari's website
Old 7 Jun 2005, 06:57 (Ref:1322071)   #139
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
You'll certainly appreciate the top speeds that Laurent posted on Infocourse... lots of comments to be made there...

(we don't know where they were recorded, though).
Interesting - you can see where Pescarolo is making up time - 15/20kmh faster than the Audi, DBA and Zytek.
Also the Aston is 10Kmh faster than the Corvette
Old 7 Jun 2005, 08:58 (Ref:1322144)   #140
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
For pics, try those ones :
- ACO
- Paddock.net
- PlanetLeMans (seeing the cameras Sander and Vinnie brought on the spot, I couldn't wait for the result !)
- n138.com (Karl Kling kindly hosting some of mine)
and probably soon :
- Zoom24, by BernardB
- Infocourse
- Jérôme Mugnier's Virages

Sorry for those I forgot !
Thanks Fab, it was great seeing you and Bernard again!

My shoulder is still a bit painfull from the 15kgs of photo equipment I was carrying around...

With some help of Frank most of the pictures are now edited and put online in the pre-qual gallery. The rest of Vin's pictures will be added later, likely tonight.

If any of you want a specific picture in the gallery to be made available as a wallpaper just send me, or bettter EliseGT1, a PM.
Old 7 Jun 2005, 12:57 (Ref:1322328)   #141
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
Their intent was to develop the car into a true P1 but they only got as far as the hybrid stage.

Essentially they would need a new tub and rollover structure (including passenger primary rollover protection) to complete the move.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 7 Jun 2005, 17:09 (Ref:1322496)   #142
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
More links to pics on Jérôme Mugnier's Virages - including Motorsport.com, for Chris

A nice report and Loeb's arrival pics on Soheil Ayari's website
Wonder if the huge press attention Loebs Le Mans debut has created has helped to push the Peugeot LMP1 project further up the pecking order?
Old 7 Jun 2005, 18:22 (Ref:1322573)   #143
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
90 vivid pics on PlanetLeMans : don't miss them !
Old 8 Jun 2005, 03:29 (Ref:1322876)   #144
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Pics on the very impressive strike that one of the BMS Ferraris did on the WR and the marshalls at the Dunlop, on Jérôme Mugnier's Virage, thanks to Olivier Beroud (C°).

Jérôme Mugnier reports that only three cars did some practice on the Bugatti yesterday (including the Creation : Minass beated the 2003' pole of the 1000 kms in November), and that Yannick Dalmas was wandering around...
Old 9 Jun 2005, 03:16 (Ref:1323632)   #145
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
More pics on Infocourse...

And a huuuuuuuge work to present the teams and the cars, still on Infocourse.
Old 9 Jun 2005, 16:39 (Ref:1324054)   #146
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
And a huuuuuuuge work to present the teams and the cars, still on Infocourse.
Didn't know the Rollcentre Judd is from Holland...
Old 9 Jun 2005, 18:10 (Ref:1324148)   #147
Laurent
Rookie

France
20 km away from Paris (France)
Laurent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's british now
Old 9 Jun 2005, 18:27 (Ref:1324166)   #148
RobertPrange
Racer

Germany
Germany
RobertPrange should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i really love those cartoon drawings , who did them?
Old 9 Jun 2005, 19:26 (Ref:1324256)   #149
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurent
It's british now
Ok, he has changed it.
Old 9 Jun 2005, 19:55 (Ref:1324283)   #150
Laurent
Rookie

France
20 km away from Paris (France)
Laurent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertPrange
i really love those cartoon drawings , who did them?
His name is Pierrick Chazeaud.