Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 23 Apr 2003, 16:24 (Ref:578197)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans Pre-Qualifying/Test Day

Famous 10-Tenths Members photographer djb and journalist yours truly have been approved for credentials to cover the Pre-Q/Test Day/Whatever They Call It These Days!

Besides giving the world a chance to see djb's great photos, and to read my deathless prose, this will enable me to continue my quest for a SPYKER SQUADRON JACKET.

Any requests for stuff we can cover for your entertainment, please let us know.
Old 23 Apr 2003, 16:37 (Ref:578217)   #2
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
see you at the "centre des expositions du mans" then liz

i believe they call it essais preliminaires. fab?
Old 23 Apr 2003, 17:00 (Ref:578256)   #3
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Essais préliminaires ! Ker, you're bilingual !

Will we meet during the break ? I'll start my pics from pits grandstands or Welcome roof (if open)... I'll certainly fancy a coffee in this chilly May morning

Can't wait ! Could you imagine ? Barely more than one week to go !!! Oh boy !

Last edited by Fab; 23 Apr 2003 at 17:01.
Old 23 Apr 2003, 17:16 (Ref:578285)   #4
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
fab. is there anything planned for lunchtime? sebring bar?
Old 23 Apr 2003, 17:21 (Ref:578291)   #5
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
I think the Sebring Bar will be the best place, but I'm afraid there will be a lot of people : I'll may try the ACO lounge in the Durand grandstand, where I'll probably meet FG (with Miss J and the ankle biters)... I think it's open for the press officers (only for ACO members usualy)

Did I let you my cel number ?
Old 23 Apr 2003, 17:34 (Ref:578302)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I shall look on with envy. (Actually, I can't believe it's coming around soooooo quickly).
Old 23 Apr 2003, 17:36 (Ref:578306)   #7
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
I shall look on with envy. (Actually, I can't believe it's coming around soooooo quickly).
I no, thank god I will be getting my motor fix at Brands that weekend
Old 23 Apr 2003, 17:55 (Ref:578337)   #8
kdr
Veteran

don't get dizzy rd!
Old 24 Apr 2003, 00:44 (Ref:578841)   #9
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We shall be at both Brands AND Le Mans. Fortunately we have a couple of very quick chauffeurs.

I can't wait! I am so tired of being stuck in Toronto among all this hysteria about SARS! (No, we are NOT dropping like flies here. The media have gone mad.)
Old 24 Apr 2003, 05:19 (Ref:579029)   #10
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Liz, we'll recognize you by your white mask !!! (well, not so funny, sorry )
Old 24 Apr 2003, 07:09 (Ref:579085)   #11
Javi
Veteran

Javi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sometimes I guess I spend the year aslept. Time flies, doesn´t it? It´s really been a year since last PQ? Unfortunately I cant go (I managed my holidays for the race in june, but for may was praying too much.... Enjoy those of you who can go, I´ll have to wait until june 12th to arrive... (but I´ll be carrying enough beer to compensate for it, ha ha ha)
Old 26 Apr 2003, 14:10 (Ref:581448)   #12
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
where I'll probably meet FG (with Miss J and the ankle biters)... I think it's open for the press officers (only for ACO members usualy)
I've never been in there, but always wanted to! We'll be driving down Friday evening, and will probably arrive around 02:00. We'll give you a call Saturday.

FG
Old 26 Apr 2003, 14:13 (Ref:581449)   #13
FG1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
We shall be at both Brands AND Le Mans. Fortunately we have a couple of very quick chauffeurs.
I'm very envious. Brands in my local circuit, and I would have gone to the meeting had it not been for PQ. It's very irritating.

FG
Old 26 Apr 2003, 14:25 (Ref:581455)   #14
kdr
Veteran

it would only have been an anticlimax fg..
Old 27 Apr 2003, 07:23 (Ref:581862)   #15
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by FG1
I've never been in there, but always wanted to!
We had a two meals together in the Durand restaurant last year in September , FG , including the 'dunk your croissant' experience in the sunday morning...

But I've never been in Sebring's Bar (each time I wanted to, there was a line outside, and I didn't want to queue). Let's say in the ACO grandstand...

Ker, we're close now, where could we meet, I'm still asking the question to myself, for a question of timing : try a SMS on sunday morning to find a place (Sebring's bar, ACO/Durand granstand restaurant : should be possible with your press pass).

What about a lunch here on sunday noon ? Depending of your job... we're only in it of the pleasure, you're working !

Last edited by Fab; 27 Apr 2003 at 07:25.
Old 27 Apr 2003, 08:19 (Ref:581884)   #16
kdr
Veteran

i'm going to try and get in the aco grandstand to see if theres any pictures from there, but sebring bar at 1pm seems easier. passes only get you so far...especially at le mans!
Old 27 Apr 2003, 12:49 (Ref:582043)   #17
Liz
Veteran

Will try to make the Sebring Bar at 1:00 p.m. -- I'll have my Lucky Strike gear on, probably, depending on how warm it is.

Or my SPYKER SQUADRON JACKET.

For all travellers from here, aspirin and cough suppressant before leaving for the airport are a MUST. I have seasonal allergies and don't want anybody to think I'm contagious or anything. I haven't been anywhere near any of the vectors or anyone who has.
Old 27 Apr 2003, 13:13 (Ref:582054)   #18
kdr
Veteran

sebring bar seems easiest then fab. i'll have to transmit some pictures at lunchtime...but should be able to pop up.
Old 27 Apr 2003, 21:56 (Ref:582388)   #19
FG1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
We had a two meals together in the Durand restaurant last year in September , FG , including the 'dunk your croissant' experience in the sunday morning
I thought those were in the ACO grandstand, or are we talking at cross purposes? I thought the Durand stand was the little concrete thing more or less oposite the pit exit?

FG
Old 28 Apr 2003, 05:45 (Ref:582497)   #20
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by FG1
I thought those were in the ACO grandstand, or are we talking at cross purposes? I thought the Durand stand was the little concrete thing more or less oposite the pit exit?

FG
Actually, the Durand is the ACO annexe ; the little concrete thing is the old press grandstand.

The Sebring Bar is in the pits grandstand, access by the rear...

So it's done : Sebring's Bar at 1pm or so... FG, we'll meet first in the ACO, if I can succeed to take with me Mrs Fab's sister and her boyfriend...
Old 28 Apr 2003, 06:04 (Ref:582503)   #21
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...

Weather forecasts are not very pleasant for the week ; we'll have rain at least three days in the week, a dry saturday, but we should have some showers on sunday... I hate this ! Even if the forecasts are better for sunday than the next monday (heavy rain )

I'm a little bit anxious...
Old 28 Apr 2003, 11:56 (Ref:582765)   #22
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab

But I've never been in Sebring's Bar (each time I wanted to, there was a line outside, and I didn't want to queue). Let's say in the ACO grandstand...

Fab - You're mixing the Sebring bar up withe the Sebring restaurant. There's never a queue at the bar entrance for PQ. Be there 1300 Sunday!
I shall email you tonight.
Old 28 Apr 2003, 12:43 (Ref:582805)   #23
kdr
Veteran

i must admit i'm as mixed up as fab. but now i know theres a difference i will track it down!
Old 28 Apr 2003, 13:57 (Ref:582851)   #24
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
For all travellers from here, aspirin and cough suppressant before leaving for the airport are a MUST. I have seasonal allergies and don't want anybody to think I'm contagious or anything. I haven't been anywhere near any of the vectors or anyone who has.
Just to back up what Liz said, the number of cases of SARS under treatment in Toronto has been declining of late. The worst seems to be over, and it's all traceable to the initial case - and most people who got it work at hospitals.

If Liz hasn't been to a hospital or one of about three specific funerals recently, you can breathe easily around her.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 28 Apr 2003, 15:54 (Ref:582951)   #25
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...

Quote:
Originally posted by Kpy
Fab - You're mixing the Sebring bar up withe the Sebring restaurant. There's never a queue at the bar entrance for PQ. Be there 1300 Sunday!
I shall email you tonight.
Heh I'm all mixed up indeed !

Where's the difference ? Where's the bar, where is the restaurant ?