Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 7 Aug 2006, 20:37 (Ref:1676992)   #126
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will people please stop entering the competition? My odds are now down to 1 in 70!
Old 9 Aug 2006, 13:29 (Ref:1678413)   #127
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The RJN Nissan 350Z has disappeared from the entry list, on the LMS website...
Old 9 Aug 2006, 13:48 (Ref:1678419)   #128
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Thankfully there seems to be a reasonable amount of promotion showing up for this event - the competition on 10/10ths seems to be being replicated on Autosport.com and there was a full page ad in the current "Motor Sport" magazine.

For all that it would be nice to not have to queue for hours and be guaranteed a decent view I suspect getting a decent crowd through the gate will do more to keep the LMS healthy!
Old 9 Aug 2006, 15:40 (Ref:1678496)   #129
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Andre drove for Oreca a few years back . So he must be well thought of ?
Old 9 Aug 2006, 18:14 (Ref:1678592)   #130
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
he must be well thought of or atleast a promising underdog if he raced for oreca a few years back must have been in the dallara LMP oreca days or the 1998 , 1999 viper days ahhhhhhhh good times good times
Old 9 Aug 2006, 18:30 (Ref:1678612)   #131
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Dallara , with the Mopar engine in it i think . Sounded brilliant too
Old 14 Aug 2006, 21:41 (Ref:1682628)   #132
The Tour
Rookie

England
Croydon
The Tour should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hoping to record our Podcast from the LMS Weekend at Donington. For some reason I have never camped at Donny so has anyone got any info on the camping there? Is it actually in the circuit?
Old 16 Aug 2006, 11:01 (Ref:1684055)   #133
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anybody know when the ten-tenths ticket prize is drawn?
Old 16 Aug 2006, 13:06 (Ref:1684171)   #134
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think it has the 20th August earmarked for the prize draw date, but do correct me if I'm wrong (I'm going by memory).
Old 16 Aug 2006, 13:15 (Ref:1684186)   #135
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
Something I meant to include in that last post - I don't suppose anyone has seen an entry list for the CER support race? I've checked the series website, it has a list of eligable cars, but I couldn't find an actual entry list for next weekend's race...
Old 16 Aug 2006, 13:23 (Ref:1684205)   #136
The Badger
Veteran

Has anybody seen the Donington entry list for the LMS please ?
Old 16 Aug 2006, 13:28 (Ref:1684210)   #137
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, there is one here and he also linked to the official list
http://www.mariantic.co.uk/lmp/LMS06.asp

Basically Pescarolo in, no Lavaggi, no RfH...seems the best place
Old 16 Aug 2006, 19:06 (Ref:1684474)   #138
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent (The Potteries)
Flat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFlat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anybody else here going to buy their tickets on the day?

After much thought I can't see the point in pre-booking as there is no discount and you only get hammered by Booking Fee's and postage.

Based on Silverstone crowd numbers last year it's not going to be a sell-out, but will I need to queue very long if I get to the circuit around 9:30-10:00am?

How is everyone else buying their tickets?

P.S. I suppose there's still a possibility I could win the Prize draw.
Old 16 Aug 2006, 19:16 (Ref:1684480)   #139
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have already got my ticket, to stop being ripped off by the booking fee and postage, I stop off at the track last Friday on route down to Snetterton.
Old 16 Aug 2006, 20:26 (Ref:1684510)   #140
dazbaz_99
Veteran

United Kingdom
Aylesbury
dazbaz_99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep I will be getting my ticket on the day. Its my first visit to Donington for a race meeting. I intend to get there mid morning. What is paddock access like at Donington? Is it easy to get too?
Old 16 Aug 2006, 22:04 (Ref:1684595)   #141
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat12-Aircool
Anybody else here going to buy their tickets on the day?

After much thought I can't see the point in pre-booking as there is no discount and you only get hammered by Booking Fee's and postage.

Based on Silverstone crowd numbers last year it's not going to be a sell-out, but will I need to queue very long if I get to the circuit around 9:30-10:00am?

How is everyone else buying their tickets?

P.S. I suppose there's still a possibility I could win the Prize draw.
I'd expect queues if your taking a car infield, otherwise you should be fine.

I think I may get to the circuit around 8.30-9.00am, as last time I turned up 'late' (Oulton BGT) I was queuing for 1.30hr, that was a bank holiday also!

Personally I never buy tickets in advance.
Old 16 Aug 2006, 22:14 (Ref:1684603)   #142
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat12-Aircool
You're right, absolutely no point in buying Sunday only tickets in advance. I was more than a little surprised to see there was no incentive to book ahead of time.

We want to be there in time for the warm up so it'll be a six o'clock start for us...........

This'll be a new experience for me. I've been to Donington seven times in my life and never seen a motor race. I attended the first ever 'Monsters of Rock' festival in 1980 and six more subsequently, the last in 1990. I seem to remember having a lot more hair back then............
Old 16 Aug 2006, 22:21 (Ref:1684611)   #143
Alistair_Ryder
Rookie

Alistair_Ryder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Finally decided to book my tickets today, dragging along two sportscar race newbies with me this time so hopefully there'll be a good race for 'em.No sign of any side entertainment for them though by the looks of it, unlike at silverstone..will be a great shame if nothings on.
Cant wait for the classics again- brilliant last year.

Camping at the Farmhouse next to the track, arriving Friday evening....Look out for a large Yorkshire flag flying anyone who's there as well.
Old 17 Aug 2006, 08:49 (Ref:1684793)   #144
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazbaz_99
Yep I will be getting my ticket on the day. Its my first visit to Donington for a race meeting. I intend to get there mid morning. What is paddock access like at Donington? Is it easy to get too?
Paddock access is free, and is usually easy - it's just a tunnel under the start/finish straight (it's closer to Redgate than it is Goddards, just so you know which end of the straight to look for!). Since the LMS cars will be using the garages, the CER and Radical guys will be elsewhere in the paddock, so should be able to get up very close to the cars and drivers.

Times for getting there - I'll be arriving for about 8:30am. Gives a chance to park up, get stuff together (including a quite bite to eat!) and find a viewing spot for the warmup at 9:00. If that's too early, then try and arrive before 10:30 - the CER guys are great to watch.

I'm surprised to hear it's a first race meeting visit for some people! Considering FIA GT, FIA SCC and British GT's have been there so many times over the years. For me, it'll be my tenth visit to a race meeting at the track.
Old 17 Aug 2006, 10:06 (Ref:1684860)   #145
The Badger
Veteran

Ah well Bob ..... we didnt all realise that you are "that" old mate !!!
Old 17 Aug 2006, 10:19 (Ref:1684880)   #146
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Ah well Bob ..... we didnt all realise that you are "that" old mate !!!

Oh dear lol. Let me correct myself - FIA GT, SCC (not really that one, though) and BGT have been there numerous times over recent years, that's why it surprised me.

Really not old!
Old 17 Aug 2006, 12:04 (Ref:1684951)   #147
The Tour
Rookie

England
Croydon
The Tour should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope to get media accreditation, which should mean free entrance but if not then we are going for the whole weekend so would have benefitted from paying earlier. As usual I havent bothered.

Is anyone else camping??? I have never camped there before. I have heard some ropey things about it. Where should we camp? Any advice?
Old 17 Aug 2006, 12:05 (Ref:1684952)   #148
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
...... FIA GT, SCC (not really that one, though) and BGT have been there numerous times over recent years, that's why it surprised me.
I've become very selective in my old age () as to what I consider to be worth the journey/effort.

I'm far more interested in LMP's in an endurance format (ALMS sprint races leave me cold) than I am in GT's and for that reason the british LMS meeting is the only one in the UK that I'll move heaven and earth to attend (and believe me I've moved heaven and earth to be there this year).

There have been a number of years since the 'sprogs' arrived in which Le Mans has been the only race I have attended (my wife knows just how unbearable I'd be if I didn't go!), but if for instance the FIAGT meeting moved any further from my home than Silverstone, I simply wouldn't go.
Old 17 Aug 2006, 13:14 (Ref:1685018)   #149
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah I will be going and buying my tickets on the day. Intend to get there early enough on Saturday to see the first of the on track action.
Old 17 Aug 2006, 21:33 (Ref:1685488)   #150
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Decided not to go after all and go to F3 / GT at Brands....still, got Petit Le Mans coming up soon ish!