Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 25 Nov 2009, 13:44 (Ref:2589020)   #1651
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreversideways View Post
Just read Gillett's comments on the Autosport Website. The man is raving mad, Walter Mitty had a better sense of reality than Gillett.

Apparently it will only cost £40 million to get the track in shape for a 2010 GP then another £50 million to complete the work for 2011. Erm, wasn't it all going to cost £135 million a month ago?
Old 25 Nov 2009, 16:20 (Ref:2589078)   #1652
Eddie_harasym
Veteran

Eddie_harasym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe thats excluding things like the 'Clubhouse' and all the hospitality suites.

Its probably just for the new pits and media complex, plus all the bare minimum bits to run the race.

Things like the hospitality buildings in my mind should be sold off private anyway.
Old 25 Nov 2009, 16:28 (Ref:2589081)   #1653
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He's trying to talk up the offer price from the bidders, I rather think this is another case of more optimism than realism
Old 25 Nov 2009, 16:35 (Ref:2589088)   #1654
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
TBH, I do not believe a word that comes out of that man anymore.
Old 25 Nov 2009, 16:45 (Ref:2589094)   #1655
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I didn't believe much of what he said to start with
Old 26 Nov 2009, 03:51 (Ref:2589371)   #1656
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Acid trip....
Old 26 Nov 2009, 09:04 (Ref:2589495)   #1657
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Acid Bath...
Old 26 Nov 2009, 09:43 (Ref:2589531)   #1658
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post
He's trying to talk up the offer price from the bidders, I rather think this is another case of more optimism than realism
Unfortunately this is a legal obligation on (at the very least) the administrator himself, and by extension on the company's management. Imagine how much stronger the creditors would feel if at the time the company is in administration the incumbent management went in the press saying "Oh yeah, it was a crappy idea to start with, it never had legs, we were only doing it for a laugh".

They've got to talk it up, or liquidation is a certainty. It's almost a certainty anyway but anything (legal) that they can do to stave that off has to be done.

I agree though, it's delusional.
Old 26 Nov 2009, 09:48 (Ref:2589533)   #1659
Gerryc
Racer

United Kingdom
Aylesbury, Bucks.
Gerryc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully the deal to hold the GP at Silverstone will be finalised very soon so that everyone's mind (except those, like Gillett, who have lost theirs) can concentrate on how to get Donington back into a race circuit. At the moment it is a housing estate in waiting - what is needed is someone (Palmer?) to put in enough money to ensure its future as a circuit!
Old 26 Nov 2009, 09:55 (Ref:2589535)   #1660
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerryc View Post
At the moment it is a housing estate in waiting
I don't think NWLDC or DCC would give planning permission for houses there - as far as I'm aware it's just too close to the airport for comfort (and safety). It's more likely to end up being swallowed as a runway extension or business park...

Either way that's not an outcome I'd like to see.
Old 27 Nov 2009, 10:20 (Ref:2590028)   #1661
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Bernie is apparently not the slightest bit interested in buying or running Donington.

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=39610

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2009/...buy-donington/
Old 27 Nov 2009, 11:35 (Ref:2590073)   #1662
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Marbot;2590028]Bernie is apparently not the slightest bit interested in buying or running Donington.

He's busy just being his usual self, a first class Rodney
Old 27 Nov 2009, 11:47 (Ref:2590078)   #1663
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.motorsport.com/news/artic...D=352899&FS=F1

December the 9th dateline for Silverstone now, same day as I have laser treatment on my right eye, perhaps then I can see more clearly what the hell the lot of them are up to.
Old 27 Nov 2009, 15:10 (Ref:2590221)   #1664
Gerryc
Racer

United Kingdom
Aylesbury, Bucks.
Gerryc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by p261brm View Post
http://www.motorsport.com/news/artic...D=352899&FS=F1

December the 9th dateline for Silverstone now, same day as I have laser treatment on my right eye, perhaps then I can see more clearly what the hell the lot of them are up to.
I don't think seeing clearly will help trying to work out what is going on here. You need the ability to knit fog and make tea with a chocolate teapot to stand a chance - just being able to see, hear and think clearly will be useless
Old 9 Dec 2009, 13:17 (Ref:2596652)   #1665
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Three bidders for Donington rescue?

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=39657
Old 9 Dec 2009, 17:40 (Ref:2596790)   #1666
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
MSV must be one of them, surely.
Old 9 Dec 2009, 17:49 (Ref:2596797)   #1667
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I wonder if one (or maybe more) would be an entrepreneur like Branson or someone like that. There's a great opportunity for someone like him to come in, buy the circuit, do it up and brand it as their own - Virgin Racing racing at Virgin Raceway? Or Red Bull - they've tried once already with the A1-Ring, but the eco-nutters have slowed them down, so how about another famous circuit?
Old 9 Dec 2009, 18:22 (Ref:2596819)   #1668
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
hopefully.
Old 9 Dec 2009, 19:29 (Ref:2596850)   #1669
nea
Racer

England
Saltaire, UK
nea should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would be happy if someone like that bought it and they can put up as much branding as they like, but I would hate to see it become "Virgin Raceway" or something similar. It's Donington Park and it always will be. I still call Sears Point by it's right and proper name.
Old 10 Dec 2009, 01:43 (Ref:2597064)   #1670
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
Well, yeah. Ideally I'd like to see an official name like that of Laguna Seca, which is officially the Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

A similar thing has been discussed for Silverstone, actually. Or so they say
Old 12 Dec 2009, 02:52 (Ref:2598306)   #1671
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
Well, yeah. Ideally I'd like to see an official name like that of Laguna Seca, which is officially the Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

A similar thing has been discussed for Silverstone, actually. Or so they say
Laguna Seca literally means dry lake in Spanish. Laguna Seca Ranch used to be in the area hence the tracks name. The track belongs to Monterey County and is run by the Parks dept. and Mazda sponsor it.
Old 24 Dec 2009, 16:50 (Ref:2604713)   #1672
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
And now the bad news.

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=39718

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80674
Old 24 Dec 2009, 17:04 (Ref:2604716)   #1673
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I know it's the season of peace on earth and goodwill to all men but someone deserves to get their ass kicked over this one.
Old 24 Dec 2009, 17:54 (Ref:2604741)   #1674
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
On the contrary, that's not bad news, it's excellent news.

It marks the end of DVLL and gives the Wheatcroft family the opportunity to lease the track to someone else. Sure they won't get any of the back rent they are owned from DVLL but then, they won't have any of the debts which DVLL doubtless still has.

Come on, who has a couple of million to invest now as a Christmas present for club motorsport? Back on the track by mid-year and no nonsense about the Grand Prix. Thin year in 2010 and back as a fine national and international venue in 2011. Re-employ all the people who made the track run and not the GP fantasists.

Regards

Jim
Old 24 Dec 2009, 17:55 (Ref:2604742)   #1675
Ted bennett
Racer

England
Derbyshire
Ted bennett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am not that suprised that they have been unable to find a buyer for the lease, 150 years is a long term and my understanding is that it wasn't cheap. I can only hope that one of the interested buyers can do a deal with Wheatcroft and Son on more amenable terms and restore the circuit for national level racing at least.
Closed Thread