Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 6 Apr 2004, 14:34 (Ref:932356)   #1
ScottDay
Racer

United Kingdom
Derby
ScottDay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RallyX Lydden

Any1 going to it, this Easter Monday?
Should be good,

Cheers,
Scott
Old 6 Apr 2004, 15:47 (Ref:932418)   #2
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I'll be there, rain or shine (or some bizarre mix of the 2 - normal Lydden weather). Should be a good meeting, hopefully some of the drivers not on the entry list so far will make an appearance to bolster the numbers a bit. The modified class is wide open this season so that should provide some good racing.
Old 7 Apr 2004, 09:52 (Ref:933191)   #3
Dunnes
Rookie

Dunnes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
oh yes i will be there...travelling down on Sunday capint for a couple of nights, so i hope the weather will hold up.
Quite looking forward to it, much better entry than Ireland which should make it more interesting.
Old 7 Apr 2004, 12:29 (Ref:933382)   #4
Stevie A
Racer

United Kingdom
Leicestershire
Stevie A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll definitely be there....looks like a better prospect than the disapointing Northern Ireland events.

Steve Mundy and Bill Harbour are now on the entry list..........still no Pat Doran though!!!
Old 7 Apr 2004, 12:42 (Ref:933407)   #5
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Doran is on the entry list for the sprint at Lydden on Saturday wth the RS200, I'd expect to see him on Monday.
Old 7 Apr 2004, 17:30 (Ref:933690)   #6
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, should be good. Plenty of races, plenty of action!
Old 8 Apr 2004, 11:10 (Ref:934251)   #7
Queen
Veteran

England
North Lincolnshire
Queen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridQueen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hello
As you all will know I will be there.And seeing the entry It will be a good weekend as is all Rallycross events. I am still putting my money on Bellerby to win the Modifed it should be close with Turpin out there.
Old 8 Apr 2004, 11:22 (Ref:934260)   #8
Dunnes
Rookie

id put my money on Des... if he can stay the right way up!!! and if his engine's ok after Ireland (which im sure quite a few drivers may still be having niggling problems)

I'll be the idiot camping out over the weekend up on the hill, if anyone sees the tent on fire give us a shout....
Old 8 Apr 2004, 12:09 (Ref:934291)   #9
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally posted by Dunnes
id put my money on Des... if he can stay the right way up!!! and if his engine's ok after Ireland (which im sure quite a few drivers may still be having niggling problems)
According to rallycross.nl Des won't make Lydden - he's on the entry list though so we'll have to wait and see....

For the record I think Turpin will win if the car stays reliable, it'll be very close between him and Bellerby though. Howlins car has won a Lydden before, Binks has been quick and Collards Ka won the winter rounds at Lydden - should be an interesting fight!
Old 8 Apr 2004, 12:16 (Ref:934296)   #10
Queen
Veteran

England
North Lincolnshire
Queen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridQueen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You won't be the only idiot up on the hill camping. I will be up there as well plus anther 5 that I know of
Old 8 Apr 2004, 12:26 (Ref:934304)   #11
ScottDay
Racer

United Kingdom
Derby
I will NOT be camping, I have the luxery of staying at my Nans down the road!

Yay for old people who live local to Lydden!
Old 8 Apr 2004, 13:15 (Ref:934353)   #12
Dunnes
Rookie

Quote:
Howlins car has won a Lydden before ....
Howlin didnt do too well last year i remember standing in front of his mechanics when he crashed twice, the car always seems a little too powerful for him when i have watched.
Old 8 Apr 2004, 13:21 (Ref:934359)   #13
ScottDay
Racer

United Kingdom
Derby
Any1 know for sure if Pat and the RS are doing the Monday as well?
Old 8 Apr 2004, 13:22 (Ref:934360)   #14
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Last year wasn't really Howlins fault - he came off the loose at chessons, stuck his foot on the accelerator and then discovered he had no steering! Not much you can do when that happens.

Last edited by BertMk2; 8 Apr 2004 at 13:23.
Old 8 Apr 2004, 13:24 (Ref:934362)   #15
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally posted by ScottDay
Any1 know for sure if Pat and the RS are doing the Monday as well?
He's not on the 'final' entry list
Old 8 Apr 2004, 13:24 (Ref:934363)   #16
ScottDay
Racer

United Kingdom
Derby
You can hold on and pray!!
Old 8 Apr 2004, 13:27 (Ref:934366)   #17
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally posted by ScottDay
You can hold on and pray!!
You've got to hope you've got a change of underwear too!
Old 8 Apr 2004, 13:28 (Ref:934371)   #18
Stevie A
Racer

United Kingdom
Leicestershire
Des Wheatley will definitely not be there according to his own website. He probably entered for the event before the Irish weekend.

As for predictions, modified will be between Rogers and Turpin.....Bellerby is usually a little off the pace at Lydden.

Will Gollop will take some beating in Supercar although i think Doran is quicker around a lap but he struggles to get away from the line. But then again, at the moment it seems like whoever can keep the car in one piece will win!!!

If drivers can only drop one score at the end of the year, Lawrence Gibson and his reliable 6R4 just have to keep picking up decent results. That puts the pressure on everybody else......one more mechanical failure (at the moment that's a distinct possibility) and they could be out of the championship.

As i said before the start of the season, Gibson will be the surprise package.
Old 8 Apr 2004, 13:29 (Ref:934373)   #19
ScottDay
Racer

United Kingdom
Derby
LOL!
Old 8 Apr 2004, 13:40 (Ref:934388)   #20
Stevie A
Racer

United Kingdom
Leicestershire
I remember that day at Lydden last year......it was complete carnage. Dresser rolled his Lotus, Wheatley also smashed his car up, Sam Johnson rolled in Stock Hatch and Doran had all his engine trouble.

One of the most exciting events of recent years!
Old 8 Apr 2004, 13:41 (Ref:934391)   #21
ScottDay
Racer

United Kingdom
Derby
True!
Old 8 Apr 2004, 13:54 (Ref:934404)   #22
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally posted by Stevie A
..modified will be between Rogers and Turpin...

Will Gollop will take some beating in Supercar although i think Doran is quicker around a lap but he struggles to get away from the line.
Must admit I dodn't see Rogers on the entry list he always seems to go well at Lydden (as does Turpin).

Gollop or Carnegie will probably take the supercar win - Doran still isn't on the entry list (although going on past experience the entry list doesn't resemble what's there on the day) and if he does turn up it seems only a matter of time before the 200 detonates. As you rightly say Gibson could be onto something with the 6R4.

I just hope that everyone gets through the day with no major accidents or mechanical failures, last years meeting was certainly lively!
Old 8 Apr 2004, 16:41 (Ref:934555)   #23
Upside Down Bug
Veteran

England
Kent
Upside Down Bug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Guys

Pat is now on the entry list.

Sadly, Gordon Rogers did enter but has withdrawn as has Des.

Looks good though, should be about 49 races. Looking forward to it, see you all there.

Also, I'll be marshalling the sprint on Saturday, what price for Pat Doran to get FTD?

UDB
Old 8 Apr 2004, 17:02 (Ref:934579)   #24
Hog
Racer

Hog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Won't be making it this time I'm afraid - or any time in the near future.

I've PM'd Gnomex so you will have to speak to him as to my reasons why. Not a decision I've made lightly that's all I will say on here......
Old 8 Apr 2004, 17:12 (Ref:934588)   #25
Queen
Veteran

England
North Lincolnshire
Hog
I am disapointed you will not be there as you are the start. I hope we will see you soon. As you are part of Rallycross.