Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Mar 2009, 15:20 (Ref:2422820)   #76
Sev
Veteran

Sev has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I have to say I agree about it all just being Max trying to split the teams up. It's all just about power in the end...
Old 23 Mar 2009, 15:34 (Ref:2422829)   #77
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
I have to say I agree about it all just being Max trying to split the teams up. It's all just about power in the end...
If Max were trying to split the teams up I would have thought that he'd have come up with a better idea than just trying to save them money.
Old 23 Mar 2009, 18:48 (Ref:2422958)   #78
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
The FIA have agreed to reduce the licence fee for Grand Prix drivers for the 2010 season.It's a change that will reflect the expected cost reductions that will be brought in for next season.Clever eh!
Old 23 Mar 2009, 20:34 (Ref:2423024)   #79
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Is there anyone else that still doesn't think that the 'winner takes all' debacle wasn't just a smokescreen for the rather more important cost-cutting measures ?

Max would have known full well that he couldn't introduce the new scoring system this close to the beginning of the season,and so to make it look more legit' the "we thought the teams had agreed" line was rolled out in an attempt to distract everyone from the real 'bomb-shell' that had been dropped.And meantime many of us ridiculed Max for not knowing what he was doing.How wrong,how terribly wrong.
Old 23 Mar 2009, 21:20 (Ref:2423057)   #80
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
The FIA have agreed to reduce the licence fee for Grand Prix drivers for the 2010 season.It's a change that will reflect the expected cost reductions that will be brought in for next season.Clever eh!
when they increased the cost for the superlicense they said it was because of all the money the FIA spends on improving safety standards, providing for the stand by medical helicopter, hospital fees and safety car etc.

whatever the proposed budgets will be, wont they still have to spend the same amount on safety if not more from year to year, so why the reversal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
It's all just about power in the end...
ironic really. the only power that Max/BE/the Teams care about is found in court rooms and not on the race track.
Old 24 Mar 2009, 00:29 (Ref:2423220)   #81
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
so why the reversal?

To get the drivers on your side ?
Old 26 Mar 2009, 16:00 (Ref:2425356)   #82
ChrisPage
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
ChrisPage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
If Max were trying to split the teams up I would have thought that he'd have come up with a better idea than just trying to save them money.
IMO the £30m limit is far too low to realistically be able to make a competitive machine. It may however be tempting enough for a team such as Force India or Williams to take the bait and break FOTA...

Also - if potential new teams (Bernie mentions three) can be taken to one side and convinced by their nice Uncles Bernie and Max that they would romp home in a £30m machine they would come on the grid as such - autonmatically ending FOTAs 100% manufacturer commitment...

I think all the big issues of the past few weeks (diffusers, points and budgets) have been attempts to muddy the waters and stir it up by the powers that be. The diffusers could have been rectified a month ago, and the points and budget are just completly unworkable and almost naive ideas. IMHO there is no intention to finally impose them - Max and Bernie are just throwing things out there to see where the chinks in the armour are.

For a start Max is now trying to say he'll give teams complete techinal freedom for £30mill? He wants a spec series, not complete freedom. He knows it won't work.
Old 26 Mar 2009, 16:55 (Ref:2425382)   #83
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPage View Post
IMO the £30m limit is far too low to realistically be able to make a competitive machine.
Unless of course it's competing against other £30m machines.

Like I've said before,if you can't put two innovative cars on the grid for seventeen races for £30m or less,then there's something wrong somewhere.