Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 May 2000, 16:15 (Ref:1525)   #1
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
who the heck is that I hear you ask ???

well Mark Noske is a young aussie driver who is about to get the best expeience of a lifetime..

lets go back and have a look

early 90's Mark drove F Ford in Oz before having a crack at the US F Ford 2000 series.
moved into F Holden (Oz F3000)
also was part of the Holden young lions team a team set up by Holden to help progress young talent into V8 supercars or beyond
raced V8 supercar in 99 as with young lion team run by his father.
this year he has moved into the GTP series driving Ferrari modena 360 (I think thats what it is)

now all of a sudden he has been offered a test drive with the Ferrari Formula one team...WOW..over 2 days he will test the 1997 car the schumacher drove at Fiorano and then he will head of to test drive for Donald Panoz's sportscar team all in the space of 2 weeks...this is huge opportunity for mark and he is really looking forward to it...who knows what may come of it ..something might or nothing might either way it must be a huge feather in his cap to get a chnace to test for the Ferrari F1 team

Go Mark
Old 25 May 2000, 16:33 (Ref:1526)   #2
slicktoast
Veteran

slicktoast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I hope he makes the best of it. Maybe he can be another 'equal' number 1 w/ TGF.
Old 25 May 2000, 18:11 (Ref:1527)   #3
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WOW!! How'd he manage to wangle that one?!! Good luck! I've got a feeling you'll need it mate!
Old 25 May 2000, 23:05 (Ref:1531)   #4
Green_man4421
Racer

Canada
Quebec, Canada
Green_man4421 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah like he actually has anychance of getting a F1 drive?

I wonder how much it cost him to get "Invited" to this "test"?
Old 26 May 2000, 00:14 (Ref:1528)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mark, always look behind you, and be sure to count your tires.
Old 26 May 2000, 01:51 (Ref:1529)   #6
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wowsers!! He used to be my favorite driver back in his FF days, he probably should have won the title driving for AMSA back in 95. A bit of a giant leap from V8s and GTP dont ya think??
Old 26 May 2000, 02:42 (Ref:1530)   #7
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
sure crash it is a big jump and Im not sure how he managed to get this opportunity but its one he will grab with both hands Im sure and hopefully will make the most of it...one thing that impressed me is that the Ferrari team are spending alot of time rebuilding the car to the actual specs it was in 97 ..which means quite a few man hours are involved..must make him feel fairly special and lets hope he handles it well.
Old 26 May 2000, 12:40 (Ref:1532)   #8
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He is liked by Ross Palmer who is big with Ferrari in Australia. That would probably be how he got the drive.
Old 26 May 2000, 12:56 (Ref:1533)   #9
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
His team has nothing to do with the Ross Palmer/Wayne Park team, his is run by Prancing Horse Ferrari out of Melbourne. To my reckoning, his father has am awful lot of money, will be interesting to see what they want to acheive by it, other than just to give the experience.
Old 26 May 2000, 15:11 (Ref:1534)   #10
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
oh dear Brett..what is the matter with you ???/..no one said he was going to get an F1 drive out of this but hey he has more of a chance than any of us so relax and enjoy life and stop trying to find faults with every little thing in the world