Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 14 Sep 2008, 21:21 (Ref:2290321)   #101
russ250575
Racer

England
England,Milton Keynes
russ250575 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to sound like a fool but im all a bit confused.. Who actually won the race ? I could have sworn on the TV it showed mcnish/capello but a short while after the race i went to timing screens (from page one of thread) to see overall results and i get

1 16 Pescarolo Sport DUMAS Romain
BOULLION Jean-Christophe
Pescarolo Judd LMP1 ==191== 1:35.794
2 2 Audi Sport Team Joest PREMAT Alexandre
ROCKENFELLER Mike
Audi R10 TDI LMP1 2.489 1:33.698 1:35.949
3 34 Van Merksteijn Motorsport VAN MERKSTEIJN Peter
VERSTAPPEN Jos
Porsche RS Spyder LMP1 23.623 1:35.675
4 15 Creation AIM CAMPBELLWALTER Jamie
HALL Stuart
Creation Aim LMP1 1:04.917 1:36.913 1:41.844

Have I gone mad ? what happend to the mcnish audi and the aston lola ?
Old 14 Sep 2008, 21:39 (Ref:2290332)   #102
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb
Dyson Racing may have won a championship like that too, i forget which series but maybe early grand am.
Elliot Forbes-Robinson won the 1999 ALMS Drivers Championship for Dyson without winning a race, while the team finished third.
Old 14 Sep 2008, 21:47 (Ref:2290341)   #103
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ250575
Sorry to sound like a fool but im all a bit confused.. Who actually won the race ? I could have sworn on the TV it showed mcnish/capello but a short while after the race i went to timing screens (from page one of thread) to see overall results and i get

BOULLION Jean-Christophe
ROCKENFELLER Mike
VERSTAPPEN Jos
HALL Stuart

I had heard it was under investigation...

Old 14 Sep 2008, 21:54 (Ref:2290345)   #104
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

BOULLION Jean-Christophe
ROCKENFELLER Mike
VERSTAPPEN Jos
HALL Stuart

Hmm, it does seem to state that at the RIS site link. When I go to the LMS site I get this.
http://www.lemans-series.com/en/s52_...f&id_circuit=6

So it is a ??? Did the #1 Audi and the Charouz Lola get DQed?

L.P.

Last edited by HORNDAWG; 14 Sep 2008 at 21:58.
Old 14 Sep 2008, 21:56 (Ref:2290349)   #105
russ250575
Racer

England
England,Milton Keynes
russ250575 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
strange as i get the same result on LMS website on "live timing"
Old 14 Sep 2008, 22:25 (Ref:2290382)   #106
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
strange as i get the same result on LMS website on "live timing"
http://www.lemans-series.com/data/co...sults/lmsr.pdf
Old 14 Sep 2008, 22:30 (Ref:2290387)   #107
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I heard the 3rd place LMP2 ran a red light at the end of the pit lane under the safety car. RML were getting worked up about that...
Old 14 Sep 2008, 22:47 (Ref:2290395)   #108
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
The timing link you were looking at probably had the same info as the track screens which weren't stopped when the cars crossed the line, drivers slowing after the finish might well have been overtqaken by cars finishing behind them before the next (post-race) timed sector.

The Embassy Racing #45 car was assessed a post-race 5 minute penalty and therefore finished 6th in class after jonny Kane missed a red light at pit exit during the final Safety Car period.
Old 14 Sep 2008, 22:47 (Ref:2290397)   #109
Joe Taylor
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warwickshire, UK
Joe Taylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I made my annual trip to the race and whilst the racing was brilliant and I thoroughly enjoyed every second of it, my race was almost ruined before it had begun. The last 3 miles took over an hour to drive, which makes it the worst queue on the A43 I’ve ever been stuck in. Once I’d actually reached the circuit, it was clear the organisers had seriously misunderestimated the number visitors as all the external car parks were full and we were ushered in a rather unorganised fashion into the middle of the circuit. Once I'd got myself organised, a great day was had. Award for best sounding car is shared between the Lamborghini and the Aston V8 Vantage.

Here are a few of my photos:

Farnbacher Fiat spins in qualifying

Petrol battle

Sarrazin's optimistic overtaking manoeuvre

and the result

ex-Euskadi

Hangar Straight action

Coupés

Porsches

Restructured Fiat

GT1 battle

The winner

Peugeot introduces new hybrid utilising human kinetic energy.

P1 Podium
Old 14 Sep 2008, 23:00 (Ref:2290409)   #110
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Apparently attendance over the weekend was 53000. An LMS record...

I suspect 35000 were there on raceday!

I seem to have been somewhere else when anything happened, all bloody weekend... 2 minutes before the Pug Airliner flew again, I had been absolutely in the right place. But I had moved on, and I was right up on the bridge, when the squeal of tyres, and the bang, happened UNDER me...
Old 14 Sep 2008, 23:31 (Ref:2290425)   #111
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations to all our winners, but commiserations to Peter Kox, who seemed very displeased with a certain small Scot...
Old 15 Sep 2008, 00:06 (Ref:2290441)   #112
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where can I find the final results??
Old 15 Sep 2008, 00:36 (Ref:2290453)   #113
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The race classification pdf on the official website. It has the amended results, after the Embassy penalty.

It is just called 'Race'
Old 15 Sep 2008, 07:26 (Ref:2290576)   #114
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It was a fantastic race and I really enjoyed the whole. I was gutted when I heard that Embassy had got there penalty, they really deserved there podium place.
Old 15 Sep 2008, 07:33 (Ref:2290579)   #115
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Once again we saw that the Peugeot got aero problems!, when #7. crashed, he was close to rolling over in the air, and flew for 1-2 seconds!.
ACO HAS to address this problem for next year!
Old 15 Sep 2008, 08:44 (Ref:2290638)   #116
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey
Apparently attendance over the weekend was 53000. An LMS record...

I suspect 35000 were there on raceday!
The queues on the A43 would have suggested that figure was accurate! Took me half an hour just to reach the Silverstone slip road! Great to see large crowds for an LMS race, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey
I seem to have been somewhere else when anything happened, all bloody weekend... 2 minutes before the Pug Airliner flew again, I had been absolutely in the right place. But I had moved on, and I was right up on the bridge, when the squeal of tyres, and the bang, happened UNDER me...
Hehe, know the feeling, the Audi/Peugeot (I deteste the word 'pug') crash happened right in front of me, and my girlfriend shouted "camera, camera!" - but by the time I could get it the Peugeot had driven off and I was just left with an Audi in the gravel. I'd been planning on getting the video camera out for the restart aswell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD
Once again we saw that the Peugeot got aero problems!, when #7. crashed, he was close to rolling over in the air, and flew for 1-2 seconds!.
ACO HAS to address this problem for next year!
Only saw the crash from the screens at the track but that sounds like a very big over-reaction to me. I think it was just the way the crash happened, nothing at all to do with the aero issues we've had this year...?
Old 15 Sep 2008, 09:13 (Ref:2290667)   #117
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
More of a trackside point than anything, but it crossed my mind that the queue on the A43 might not have been so long if temporary signs had advised drivers to use both lanes. (Granted this would have caused a longer delay to normal passing traffic, but that's their bad luck ).

Once at the circuit, I definitely didn't head for the main entrance and claim I was collecting a ticket and then park in the main carpark...
Old 15 Sep 2008, 09:20 (Ref:2290671)   #118
marcosgt
Racer

England
UK
marcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmarcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, took me an hour to get from the 3.5 mile point to the right turn into the circuit approach road in Silverstone - I doubt temporary signs would've helped much with the queues...

I saw at least 10 cars drive down the outside and then push into the queue at the very last minute - Some people are just self important and selfish, simple as that...

With 10 minutes to go I was still sitting on the roundabout outside the main entrance when they suddenly waved all the cars from about 5 in front of me into the centre of the circuit.

I got parked and reached the circuit side inside of Priory, just as the race started, so well done to Silverstone staff for getting people to see the start of the race.

I also missed most of the incidents, so I'm looking forward to the Motors highlights.

Cheers.

Last edited by marcosgt; 15 Sep 2008 at 09:22.
Old 15 Sep 2008, 10:05 (Ref:2290721)   #119
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you for all the nice pics.

I was wondering, about the excessive amount of technical problems that has haunted Team Essex Invest. I am not sure why, if its down to bad luck, lack of understanding of the car or hard driving - aka driving hard on curbs breaking the front axle at Silverstone?

Second in LMP2 is very impressive if you ask me, but the team is very ambitious. Because the lack of results together with the financial crisis, has now forced the team to rethink 2009

What do you think?
Old 15 Sep 2008, 10:17 (Ref:2290732)   #120
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
Only saw the crash from the screens at the track but that sounds like a very big over-reaction to me. I think it was just the way the crash happened, nothing at all to do with the aero issues we've had this year...?
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=fvszkImy1BA
The car lifts as it get side ways.
I don't think it's the way the crash happened because then it wouldn't have lifted like that , but i may be wrong.

Last edited by CTD; 15 Sep 2008 at 10:20.
Old 15 Sep 2008, 10:26 (Ref:2290737)   #121
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=fvszkImy1BA
The car lifts as it get side ways.
I don't think it's the way the crash happened because then it wouldn't have lifted like that , but i may be wrong.
Interesting!

To me it seems like an aerorelated issue? The car seems to lift before it spins..
Old 15 Sep 2008, 10:33 (Ref:2290742)   #122
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My thoughts..........

Great crowd due to the considerable wedge ploughed into the event by Peugeot, Audi and many of the better funded teams. It's been a long time since an event involving top level sports prototypes has attracted an audience of this size in the UK. Very encouraging for the future of the sport provided the manufacturers continue this kind of support in difficult economic times. It was also very encouraging to see that almost all of the crowd stayed until the very end of the race, a good indicator that they had enjoyed themselves.

A huge thank you to Jonathan France for his commitment to the fans by ensuring we have access to Radio Le Mans and their excellent coverage. The difference it makes to our enjoyment is immeasurable. Thank you so much Jonathan, and in turn, thank you to Hindy and his team for the outstanding quality of the race coverage, it was stellar!!!

The decision to timetable the event without a Sunday morning warm up I found distinctly odd, as did all the teams from what I understand. Hopefully this won't be repeated.

There was a distinct lack of catering facilities away from the 'Stadium' area and pit straight. Why!!!?

Congratulations to Audi for demonstrating that it ain't over till the fat lady sings. Extraordinary turn of events and a thoroughly deserved victory in the drivers and manufacturers championship. With respect (the team have entertained us royally throughout 2008), Peugeot were a complete shambles, and got what they deserved in the end. That said, and on a personal level, I feel desperately sorry for Nic Minassian. I would have loved to see him end the season as champion, he's given those of us who've been following the series since it's inception four years ago so much enjoyment, the guy's a legend.

Jos Verstappen - clearly a controversial figure amoungst the fans, but let's give credit where credit's due. The outstanding driver of 2008 in my opinion. I hope he's back to grace us with his talents next year, his performances have been exemplary on track this year, and yesterday was no exception.

Dunlop deserve great credit for their commitment to their Le Mans Series teams. Any perception that teams running Dunlops are at a disadvantage has all but vanished in my opinion. I was particularly intrigued watching the Quifel ASM car's performance. My guess is that Olivire Pla would not have been circulating as quickly had the car been shod with Michelin customer tyres.

Nicolas Lapierre - one to watch.

Embassy #45 - the niggly restarting problem(s) and Jonny's subsquent red light infringement aside, the team ran a brilliant race. Their gripping duel with the RML Lola during the early part of the race was (for me) the on track highlight of yesterday. And witnessing their rise through the P2 leaderboard to what appeared to be a 'nailed on' 2nd place, I felt the team would at last reap some reward for all the hard work that has gone into this project. In the end, it wasn't to be, but I know Jonathan and the team will take many positives away from their performance at Silverstone. Well done guys, it was a fantastic performance.

RML Lola Coupe - quite the prettiest car that has ever graced the Le Mans Series, and what a tremendous debut.

Creation - fantastic performance. I just wonder what might have been had JCW been fully fit. An overall podium?

Charouz Lola Coupe - just reward for the most exciting project to hit the track in probably a decade.
Old 15 Sep 2008, 10:52 (Ref:2290755)   #123
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Its exactly the same as the others.
Old 15 Sep 2008, 10:56 (Ref:2290759)   #124
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think I'd like to echo pretty much all of that James!

I had a thoroughly brilliant weekend from arrival at 8 am on Saturday to departure at the end of Sunday afternoons events. Some terrific racing, with one or two disappointments but, as you say, teams able to take a lot away by way of encouragement for next season.

It was also good to see a few more stands open to the fans by Sunday although why Silverstone has to make it so difficult for fans walking from Whittlebury to get in I don't know - I risked a great deal on the barbed wire fence to gain access on Saturday and Sunday mornings!

As to the catering, well there may not have been much of it out the back of the circuit, but what there was in the main spectator areas was a huge improvement on previous years - if fairly expensive. The best food I ate all weekend though were the bacon and egg rolls from the catering unit at Whittlebury Hall campsite - I didn't catch the South African operator's name - but nice one mate!
Old 15 Sep 2008, 10:58 (Ref:2290761)   #125
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
Its exactly the same as the others.
If I had any doubt on any of the others, I had none with this - having watched the YouTube clip, for me, once the car was off the straight and narrow, it was an aero issue which finished it off.