Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 13 May 2000, 23:24 (Ref:5851)   #1
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Whhaaa? Well there ya go...Sir Skittle himself turned it all around to win. Kudos. Kudos also to Moreno, championship material?
Old 14 May 2000, 12:28 (Ref:5852)   #2
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gil turned in his usual mediocre and stupid performance. That man is beginning to make me believe he needs a map. At least Tags didn't get ahead of him, and since Vasser obligingly blew up, Tracy still leads!

Moreno is wonderful isn't he? I hope I get to meet him so I can tell him so.

Old 15 May 2000, 03:40 (Ref:5853)   #3
Rachel
Rookie

Rachel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ouch Liz, harsh words!
Finally though, Dario got his first decent finish of the season...and on an oval of all places! I can't wait to see da Matta get his first podium, that will be truly spectacular to see! Moreno really is a classy guy. I didn't expect to see him doing so well, but he deserves it.
Old 15 May 2000, 15:03 (Ref:5854)   #4
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!

right. i didn't see the race, so i don't know. but i have read the Dark Side (aka newman-haas) press release, and i would like to say - what a surprise mikey won!

it's always the same. he gets flippin' priority, and it's not fair. just because it's always been an andretti team. speedbump on 7g backs me up on this one - after all, he was the guy andretti ran over last year. it's a one driver team, like stewart used to be in f1. any teammate of andretti doesn't get a look-in.

*seethe, seethe*

i'll have to start a campaign to rid the dark side of the andretti factor.
Old 15 May 2000, 15:35 (Ref:5855)   #5
Neil C
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Nations
People's Republic of Ann Arbor, Michigan
Neil C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Then it's up to Fittipaldi to do something about it. He's bankable, he would have no problem moving to another team.
Old 15 May 2000, 23:33 (Ref:5856)   #6
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Which team will have the first vacancy? (Does he want to run at Penske? ) We seem to have a lot more good pilotes than good seats at present; not many mediocre guys in the series right now.
Old 16 May 2000, 00:17 (Ref:5857)   #7
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
"not many mediocre guys in the series right now."
-totally depends who you talk to....
Then again, wouldn't be easy to make some more good seats?
return to the Penske super team, and how about Mo Nun's second seat?
Old 16 May 2000, 04:03 (Ref:5858)   #8
Liz
Veteran

The first seat has to make it all the way to the end of the race I'd think before he'd want to try a second one.
Old 16 May 2000, 18:39 (Ref:5859)   #9
Roy
Rookie

Roy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't give up on him Liz. He's way overdue for some decent luck, or at least some neutral luck. I'll be very surprised if things don't gel for DeFerran/Penske sometime this year. Everything's new to the team, and the team is new to Gil. It will come.

Old 16 May 2000, 18:51 (Ref:5860)   #10
slicktoast
Veteran

slicktoast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, Liz give it time for things to
Gel 4 Gil. (I know... over on the gravel trap pun post)
Old 17 May 2000, 01:45 (Ref:5861)   #11
Liz
Veteran

Oh, I still adore My Gil ... it's just so exasperating to see him qualify high and then fall back in the order and stay there.