Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 11 Nov 2010, 19:41 (Ref:2788778)   #1
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
2011 Dutch Supercar Challenge

2011 Dutch Supercar Challenge calendar:

April 10 - Preis der Stadt Stuttgart, Hockenheim (only GT and Supersport I)
April 24 - Paasraces, Zandvoort (only Supersport II and Sport)
May 8 - Britcar Festival, Donington Park
June 5 - Superleague Formula, Assen
June 26 - Euro Race, Spa Francorchamps
July 17 - Superleague Formula, Zolder
August 7 - Rizla Racing Day, Assen
September 4 - 24 Hours of Zolder, Zolder (with Belcar; only GT and Supersport I)
October 2 - Racing Festival, Spa-Francorchamps
October 23 - Finaleraces, Assen

That's a nice calendar, with six circuits in four countries (hardly Dutch, is it?). As you can see, there will be a 24 Hours of Zolder race. Points will be awarded only for the first six hours.

Does anyone follow this championship?
Old 11 Nov 2010, 22:14 (Ref:2788840)   #2
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Well, can't say I'm really following it, but I'm always glad when they come to a circuit near me as they usually put on a great show.

Too bad Hockenheim has only the big classes next year... three years ago they had the touring car division as well and that was a pretty good weekend.
Also fields have been rather weak-ish lately, only propped up by the remnants of the BLR V6 "stockcar" series.

But, the Hockenheim race still looks like a nice kick-off for my 2011 racing season, should have some other decent series on hand as well.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 23:58 (Ref:2791384)   #3
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sure I follow it. Just think than the pit-stop time penalties to equalize the field are a bit over the top. If they can get the car a bit more equal and tone down the time penalties it will become a bit less of a circus and more real racing.
Old 16 Nov 2010, 05:47 (Ref:2791432)   #4
Quintin03
Veteran

Netherlands
Quintin03 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi645 View Post
Sure I follow it. Just think than the pit-stop time penalties to equalize the field are a bit over the top. If they can get the car a bit more equal and tone down the time penalties it will become a bit less of a circus and more real racing.
That's just the point of the DSC: very little restrictions and very good racing.
Old 16 Nov 2010, 18:04 (Ref:2791739)   #5
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
It's a nice series. I don't care who wins but to watch all the different GT's and tourers is fun and the racing is good.
Old 16 Nov 2010, 23:28 (Ref:2791907)   #6
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintin03 View Post
That's just the point of the DSC: very little restrictions and very good racing.
Depends on your criteria for good racing. Seeing someone being clearly the better driver car combo and then to loose the race because they need to sit still an extra minute in the pits is not my idea of very good racing. If they could town down the time penalties a bit (not remove them) so the races are actually decided on the track between more equal car/drivers rather than by time penalties, it would be become a lot more interesting for me.

Don't get me wrong I love the starting grids and realize than one can not be seen separately from the other, just as said, I feel the timing penalties are a bit over the top. DSC is very succesfull so they obviously know what to do themselves, just expressing what I would find more enjoyable.
Old 17 Nov 2010, 09:27 (Ref:2792007)   #7
GT2-R
Racer

GT2-R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Dutch Supercar Challenge is a veeeeery nice series with an amazing variety of cars in it! I'm looking forward to see them racing at the 24 Hours of Zolder near my home . Fingers crossed that a lot of them will do all 24 Hours and not just the first 6 of them! Belcar + DSC should become a nice race though!

There are 3 rumoured C6-R's for DSC 2011 I heard .
Old 17 Nov 2010, 15:07 (Ref:2792135)   #8
Quintin03
Veteran

Netherlands
Quintin03 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi645 View Post
Depends on your criteria for good racing. Seeing someone being clearly the better driver car combo and then to loose the race because they need to sit still an extra minute in the pits is not my idea of very good racing. If they could town down the time penalties a bit (not remove them) so the races are actually decided on the track between more equal car/drivers rather than by time penalties, it would be become a lot more interesting for me.

Don't get me wrong I love the starting grids and realize than one can not be seen separately from the other, just as said, I feel the timing penalties are a bit over the top. DSC is very succesfull so they obviously know what to do themselves, just expressing what I would find more enjoyable.
Take in mind that it's either "success time" which is equally significant to everyone, or "success weight", which to the less powerful and lighter cars is of far more significance than it is to the heavy an very powerful. The racing would be different in the negative sense if it weren't for the invention of "succes time".
Old 17 Nov 2010, 18:21 (Ref:2792194)   #9
rich_cooper
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottinghamshire
rich_cooper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Happy they are coming to donington

I like watching it on Motors TV but have never seen them live
Old 17 Nov 2010, 22:32 (Ref:2792339)   #10
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_cooper View Post
Happy they are coming to donington
Mixing it with Britcar again, it would seem. Saw that at Rockingham last year, worked quite well. Think I may have to pay a visit to that one.
Old 18 Nov 2010, 01:13 (Ref:2792392)   #11
kyoung
Racer

United States
kyoung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkyoung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I checked out the website and was watching some of the videos. Couldn’t understand anything except the universal language at 13:39 of this video…

http://www.supercarchallenge.nl/dscp...&q=hi&portal=1
Old 18 Nov 2010, 16:39 (Ref:2792717)   #12
Alexander86
Rookie

Netherlands
Amsterdam
Alexander86 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I sure follow that series, I even work for two of the teams.
If you have any questions, please let me know. I won't go defending the rules and penalty seconds, but I could explain the philosophy behind it.

The grids for next year are looking very good as far as I know, especially the GT grid. I'm not in the position to tell you all, the teams choose their own moment to announce their plans.

We could see a few more Moslers, and I've heard the Corvette GT1 rumour as well. But quite some drivers will not know if they have the budget until about a week before the first race, as always at this level of racing. But I'm sure there will be a nice variety of cars in all classes suiting everyone's budgets.
Old 18 Nov 2010, 17:37 (Ref:2792735)   #13
kyoung
Racer

United States
kyoung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkyoung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander86 View Post
I sure follow that series, I even work for two of the teams.
If you have any questions, please let me know.
Do they ever race when it’s not raining? Just kidding, it looks like a great series; I tried to download a couple of the race videos and got disconnected before the files completely downloaded. Probably a problem with my connection, I will try again tonight.
Old 22 Nov 2010, 00:24 (Ref:2794026)   #14
Alexander86
Rookie

Netherlands
Amsterdam
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoung View Post
Do they ever race when it’s not raining? Just kidding, it looks like a great series; I tried to download a couple of the race videos and got disconnected before the files completely downloaded. Probably a problem with my connection, I will try again tonight.
It sure can be wet here in northwest Europe...

Have you successfully downloaded the races you wanted?
Old 5 Dec 2010, 16:33 (Ref:2799995)   #15
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
According Turbo Magazine the Corvette GT1's of Phoenix are sold and will race in DSC in 2011.

http://sport.turbomagazine.be/news_N...nieuwtjes.html
Old 6 Dec 2010, 14:40 (Ref:2800380)   #16
kyoung
Racer

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander86 View Post
It sure can be wet here in northwest Europe...

Have you successfully downloaded the races you wanted?
Yeah I finally got to download the Ring races, little hard to follow with no commentary though. It would be cool if they could go back and add commentary to the video, I think it would appeal to a larger audience and I don’t imagine it would cost that much.
Old 8 Dec 2010, 13:21 (Ref:2801384)   #17
Alexander86
Rookie

Netherlands
Amsterdam
MotorsTV does broadcast race reports in English. Although it's an European broadcaster maybe you can find a torrent or something of it.

Meanwhile here is a teaser of the DSC's 2010 video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTT1Sk-P7so
Old 14 Dec 2010, 10:25 (Ref:2804288)   #18
d.rocky
Racer

England
Lola country.
d.rocky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there is a couple of motors tv episodes on the DSC website, the rest is all in foreign talk though.
Old 19 Dec 2010, 12:36 (Ref:2806286)   #19
Alexander86
Rookie

Netherlands
Amsterdam
Here is a link to the English version of todays broadcast on 2011 and the 2010 "bloopers". Enjoy!

http://www.brightsightmedia.com/movi..._121910_UK.php
Old 21 Dec 2010, 14:21 (Ref:2806963)   #20
kyoung
Racer

United States
Thanks Alexander86.
Old 28 Jan 2011, 15:29 (Ref:2821859)   #21
Alexander86
Rookie

Netherlands
Amsterdam
For 2011 two Corvette C6.R GT1 cars and a C5.R GT1 are "confirmed" for the GT class (at this level of racing you can't be sure until a car actually makes it to the grid). However, they need to be tuned down (or take a lot of extra weight on board) to comply with the 2.7kg/bhp limit, and they can't drive with carbon brakes. But they will still be very competitive if the drivers can handle the cars.

The GT class in general is looking very good, lots of fast cars: Moslers, the Cor Euser Marcos, Porsches, Ferraris (430 GT2 and 458 GT2), a V8Star, some new projects, a lot I'm not allowed to tell you , but if all goes to plan the GT line-up will be quite something.

If I come across the English broadcasts (during the season) I will let you know.
Old 28 Jan 2011, 15:31 (Ref:2821863)   #22
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Do you know if the GT1-Vettes will retain their original engines or switch to cheaper crate engines like those in the Moslers?
Old 28 Jan 2011, 21:43 (Ref:2822034)   #23
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Do you know if the GT1-Vettes will retain their original engines or switch to cheaper crate engines like those in the Moslers?
Think its original engines, just the de-tuning, change of brake disc material and rather a lot of muffling on the exhaust.
Old 29 Jan 2011, 12:39 (Ref:2822258)   #24
Alexander86
Rookie

Netherlands
Amsterdam
I'm not sure what engine they will choose. Basu is very positive about the LS7 because it has more torque than his old F430 GT3 engine, but the GT1 probably has even more (and if you would de-tune it in a smart way you wouldn't lose that).

I don't know exactly how much power they have to lose, but I can imagine they might opt for a LS7, instead of a powerful GT1 engine but with a lot of lead to get it to the 2.7kg/bhp mark. It's a way cheaper engine and adding a lot of weight to a car is never a desirable solution.
Old 1 Feb 2011, 22:45 (Ref:2824238)   #25
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The owners of the ex-Phoenix cars are hoping Dutch Supercars will be a bit more leisure for their Vettes then FIA GT1.
I thought last year MotorsTV covered the highlights at least. Am I wrong?