Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 14 Sep 2009, 07:15 (Ref:2540206)   #26
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359 View Post
Except it was the LMP2 car which won the Green X Challenge, which means 3 invites for that car. I assume the ACO may just give it to 2nd place in Green X or possibly third in LMP2 (Racing Box)?

If Speedy Sebah goes for all LMP1, will they buy a new Lola or convert the LMP2 car?
If I've understood correctly, the entry they receive as winners of the Green X Challenge is a free entry(?). Perhaps someone could confirm..........

Either way, a 2 car LMP2 effort for 2010 would make financial sense in terms of funding etc. But, perhaps the team's current backers would prefer to be racing in the top class.
Old 14 Sep 2009, 11:32 (Ref:2540354)   #27
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Who is running the Team Hong Kong car in AsLMS? Prodrive?
Team Hong Kong Racing as far as I am aware.

Tom.
Old 14 Sep 2009, 14:50 (Ref:2540497)   #28
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
If I've understood correctly, the entry they receive as winners of the Green X Challenge is a free entry(?). Perhaps someone could confirm..........

Either way, a 2 car LMP2 effort for 2010 would make financial sense in terms of funding etc. But, perhaps the team's current backers would prefer to be racing in the top class.

I think it is free also, which would make it the best entry to have, IMO!

I also agree on the thought on P-2, especially ahead/thinking of the 2011 ruleset.

L.P.
Old 14 Sep 2009, 20:09 (Ref:2540740)   #29
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
That's correct. As Xavier said after the race, maybe they can sell one of the entries to pay for the crash damage they sustained after the race.
Old 14 Sep 2009, 20:48 (Ref:2540765)   #30
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'll be looking out for a couple of things next season;

1/ Will Audi and Peugeot run, or supply, cars for LMS teams, seeing as they'll only have one further year to run current spec cars.

2/ How many teams will adopt new spec regs, whether that be LMP1 or LMP2, if any.

3/ Check out if Lola make any major changes to their chassis, earlier in the season they talked about the chassis needing an overhaul, particularly around the nose. With so many customers they need to keep one step ahead of their competitors.
Old 14 Sep 2009, 23:55 (Ref:2540861)   #31
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
National (VLN, 24h Nurburging) yes but outside Germany?
What about Bart Mampeay? Too small to manage an LMS team?

Whatever happened to Bigazzi? They used to run the cars back in the 90s, especially at the 24 hours of Spa.
Old 15 Sep 2009, 09:43 (Ref:2541016)   #32
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
What about Bart Mampeay? Too small to manage an LMS team?
If you can run a factory car in WTCC you can run a car in LMS or FIA GT so don't see a problem. Mampeay was involved (main engineer?) in the previous BMW GT2 project so he has a history in endurance racing. But it all depends on what BMW (UK) wants.
Old 15 Sep 2009, 10:39 (Ref:2541059)   #33
CarolK
Racer

United States
Texas
CarolK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard a rumour in the CER paddock Saturday regarding Monza - I would hope that's back on the calendar for 2010. The race at the Algarve would be a good swap, that circuit was okay but Monza is better.
Old 15 Sep 2009, 12:54 (Ref:2541186)   #34
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
If you can run a factory car in WTCC you can run a car in LMS or FIA GT so don't see a problem. Mampeay was involved (main engineer?) in the previous BMW GT2 project so he has a history in endurance racing. But it all depends on what BMW (UK) wants.
Bart is located in Belgium so I think the BMW UK label is just because of the team allocations in the WTCC (Priaulx) but even on the BMW site, it still says he'd based in Mechelen.

Of course this all depends on BMW's WTCC plans, as already mentioned. Should be an interesting winter.
Old 15 Sep 2009, 14:24 (Ref:2541240)   #35
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolK View Post
I heard a rumour in the CER paddock Saturday regarding Monza - I would hope that's back on the calendar for 2010. The race at the Algarve would be a good swap, that circuit was okay but Monza is better.
It all respects to Monza fans, actual Monza is not a better circuit than Algarve... i agree if you talked about the 70's/80's Monza but this one... (side note: Put the bankings working again please!)Besides that, Algarve is according to several pilots from different categories (single seaters, F1, GT's, LMP's, Touring Cars) one of the most demanding and spectacular circuit, a mix of today's security paranoia with the old way (pre-Tilke) of designing racing circuits. They surely loved that circuit as i could ear on LMS Paddock in Algarve. It as a spectacular carroussel (it's nor Spa or Nordscheiffe but it sure does look so)...

..besides that, and even the first LMS race on it had some organization issues to be aware of, there is a 3 years deal signed and compromised with LMEO and it wont leave the LMS schedule in the next two years.
Old 15 Sep 2009, 16:40 (Ref:2541363)   #36
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
Bart is located in Belgium so I think the BMW UK label is just because of the team allocations in the WTCC (Priaulx) but even on the BMW site, it still says he'd based in Mechelen.

Of course this all depends on BMW's WTCC plans, as already mentioned. Should be an interesting winter.
Team is indeed Belgian but backing is (mainly) from BMW UK.
Old 15 Sep 2009, 21:04 (Ref:2541527)   #37
CarolK
Racer

United States
Texas
CarolK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMans.pt View Post
It all respects to Monza fans, actual Monza is not a better circuit than Algarve... i agree if you talked about the 70's/80's Monza but this one... (side note: Put the bankings working again please!)Besides that, Algarve is according to several pilots from different categories (single seaters, F1, GT's, LMP's, Touring Cars) one of the most demanding and spectacular circuit, a mix of today's security paranoia with the old way (pre-Tilke) of designing racing circuits. They surely loved that circuit as i could ear on LMS Paddock in Algarve. It as a spectacular carroussel (it's nor Spa or Nordscheiffe but it sure does look so)...

..besides that, and even the first LMS race on it had some organization issues to be aware of, there is a 3 years deal signed and compromised with LMEO and it wont leave the LMS schedule in the next two years.
We were at the race at the Algarve - definite issues with closed areas on the circuit in the evening - you could go thru one gate and when you came back, it was closed and you had to go back around the inside and then out the gate and back outside the circuit to enter again at another area - great for missing part of the race while you are going from one place to the other. Guess we'll know next month when the schedule is known. As I understand it, Barcelona is also a three-year deal meaning this would be the third year. Just as long as they change the weekend on Spa, as if the same in '10 it conflicts with the Monaco Historics which is every two years. Schedules can't be totally free from other events but when you have something that's not annually, it would be nice to not have two events on the same weekend.
Old 15 Sep 2009, 21:23 (Ref:2541538)   #38
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you would believe all the rumours regarding 2010 we would be having a 10-round series ;P
Old 16 Sep 2009, 01:18 (Ref:2541634)   #39
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wouldn't mind that, to be honest
Old 17 Sep 2009, 10:39 (Ref:2542707)   #40
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-2388.html

WR Salini confirms they'll be back next year, hopeful to get an LM invite next year.
Old 17 Sep 2009, 12:09 (Ref:2542756)   #41
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
they've showed well during the last few LMS races .. and if i remember corectly it isn't using the latest Zytek engine(maybe a good thing actually ) . so they could improve even further

Ciao Marco
Old 17 Sep 2009, 13:13 (Ref:2542802)   #42
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-2388.html

WR Salini confirms they'll be back next year, hopeful to get an LM invite next year.
That's great to see, I love the added variety to the grid, and as Dani said, they had some good runs at the end of the season. I would much rather see them on the grid at Le Mans instead of a 4th or 5th Audi or Peugeot.
Old 17 Sep 2009, 13:38 (Ref:2542810)   #43
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Having seen it for the first time in the flesh at Silverstone the WR is indeed a nice looking car and it's run considerably more competitively this year - showing the benefit of having someone like Gommendy at the wheel.

I've always said they deserve a place on the Le Mans grid due to the heritage they have from Dorchy's Objectif 400 run, but for 2010 they can probably make a claim on the basis of actual performance.
Old 18 Sep 2009, 19:44 (Ref:2543576)   #44
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So it seems 2010 will be an interim year for most, but 2011 onwards looks promising with potentialy.....

Audi
Peugeot
Aston Martin
Toyota

.....in P1.

It's also only has to be a matter of time before Nissan returns.
Old 18 Sep 2009, 19:49 (Ref:2543578)   #45
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Latest news is that the Acura LMP2 cars are being pushed towards potential European customers by Wirth Research acting as negociator .

Great news . Wonder will they rebadge them as Honda ?

Im wondering if RML will be one of the first customers . Im pretty sure they are not too impressed with the Mazda engine , and there are a lot of Lola's out there . If you want to win , you may have to try something differant .
Old 18 Sep 2009, 19:58 (Ref:2543580)   #46
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Latest news is that the Acura LMP2 cars are being pushed towards potential European customers by Wirth Research acting as negociator .

Great news . Wonder will they rebadge them as Honda ?

Im wondering if RML will be one of the first customers . Im pretty sure they are not too impressed with the Mazda engine , and there are a lot of Lola's out there . If you want to win , you may have to try something differant .
I've read in Autosport that the Acuras are said to be significantly more expensive to buy and run, particularly the engines, than anything else out there in P2 right now (with the possible exception of Porsche). I'd be somewhat surprised if anyone even bothered when you can run a well sorted Lola-Judd/Mazda much cheaper and still be successful.

That said, if anyone does take on such a task then it may help some Japanese manufacturers come back to LM if they see the cars doing well in Europe as well as America - particularly if the cars made it to Le Mans.
Old 18 Sep 2009, 20:39 (Ref:2543601)   #47
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dont get me wrong, but the Mazda engines first have to show that they are successful.
Old 13 Oct 2009, 13:58 (Ref:2560573)   #48
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans series 2010

We are in october and we still haven´t any silly season of 2010 Lemans series

This was copy/pasted from Mariantic but with some changes made by me, I need add some Gt teams, i´ll edit them before

LMP1

-Oreca ORECA Courage LC 70 AIM (maybe 2 cars)

-Sebah Racing / Speedy Racing Lola B08 Maybe 2 cars

-Signature Plus ORECA Courage LC70 Judd

-Pescarolo Sport Pescarolo P01 (maybe two cars, maybe one, maybe the 908)

-Strakka Racing Ginetta-Zytek 09S

-? Lola Aston Martin charouz (anyone will buy any of the 3 Aston Martin?)

-? Lola Aston Martin (anyone will buy any of the 3 Aston Martin?)

-? Lola Aston Martin (anyone will buy any of the 3 Aston Martin?)

-Team LNT Ginetta-Zytek 09S Mansells?

-Scuderia Lavaggi Lavaggi LS1 AER Giovanni Lavaggi

LMP2

-Racing Box Lola B08/80 Judd ???? They had some money problems

-RML Lola B08/80 ? Mike Newton, Thomas Erdos (new engine, not Mazda)

-Welter Racing WR Zytek Philippe & Stéphane Salini (some aero updates)

-OAK Racing Pescarolo Mazda (2 cars?)

-Kruse Schiller Motorsport (maybe a new car, maybe none)

-Sebah Racing / Speedy Racing Lola B08/80 Judd (they have 2 LM invitations, but probably they move to P1)

-Gstaad Automobile Club Racing Team Zytek 07S - Zytek ?

-Quifel - ASM Team Ginetta-Zytek 09S Miguel Amaral

-Pegasus Racing ORECA Courage LC75 AER Maybe 2 new cars

-Ranieri Randaccio Lucchini Nicholson McLaren ???? maybe a few races

-Q8 Oil Hache Team (Probably 2 new P2, ginetta? Lola? Acura?)

-Embassy Racing /WFR Embassy WF-01 Zytek Maybe 2 cars

-Ibanez Racing Service Courage LC75

-Barazi - Epsilon Zytek 07S - Zytek ?????

-The Bru&Bru Radical is on sale, the won´t be on 2010
Old 13 Oct 2009, 15:04 (Ref:2560615)   #49
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmm, It seems someone is Lazy and or does not know how to do either a manual scan/search or use the search option in either of the task bars in the forums.

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117851

Amazing what one can find by doing so.

L.P.
Old 13 Oct 2009, 15:06 (Ref:2560616)   #50
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Bump!

L.P.