Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 25 Aug 2010, 17:26 (Ref:2750069)   #26
Tom87
Racer

England
Tom87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
The circuit map at the LMS site, and on the Silverstone poster, depict it as the new Arena layout.

L.P.
In the spirit of all things ACO, they will wait until the Friday night before announcing that the diesels will race on the Arena circuit and the petrols will race on the bridge circuit.

Back on topic, I will be going for the Sunday only. As seems to be the common problem, I have a wedding to attend on the Saturday.
Old 25 Aug 2010, 17:33 (Ref:2750072)   #27
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There are clearly far too many people getting married that weekend!!
Old 25 Aug 2010, 17:57 (Ref:2750089)   #28
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Maybe they're all at the same wedding? We could have the meet up there instead?
Old 25 Aug 2010, 18:07 (Ref:2750099)   #29
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should arrive with a car load at around Friday tea time, M25-M40 permitting ! Hope to be camping somewhere, I believe my dad stayed at Whittlebury two years ago, so maybe there. This will be my first Silverstone LMS for a few years, so looking forward to it .
Old 25 Aug 2010, 19:05 (Ref:2750127)   #30
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't make Sunday, so just going for the day on Saturday. Not the same I know, but better than not going at all.

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 25 Aug 2010, 19:33 (Ref:2750149)   #31
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Going by the other thread this seems to be the best place to camp.

http://www.whittlebury.com/index.php...otorsport.html

Anyone else staying here Sunday night?

Are there any pubs within walking distance?
Old 25 Aug 2010, 20:24 (Ref:2750188)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I stayed at Whittlebury in both '07 and '08 - the last occasion I ever set foot inside a tent (and I have every intention of making sure it was the very last....... ). It's actually a nice site. For this weekend it's not very busy at all and it's a very pleasant walk to and from the circuit in early morning or evening. They also had a fast food van there in '08 dispensing seriously excellent egg and bacon rolls first thing in the morning and I think food was available in the club house there in the evening. No ideas on pubs though.....
Old 26 Aug 2010, 06:20 (Ref:2750392)   #33
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
I'm there once again, operating the pit lane sirens over all 3 days. And staying in a nice hotel at MK each night so I can sleep and wash properly!!!!
Old 26 Aug 2010, 07:00 (Ref:2750400)   #34
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
RLM were pretty convinced it was the old GP layout with Bridge.
That is also the opinion of the local marshal I was working with at the BTCC meet. The feeling was that this would be a good event to celebrate the end of the Bridge circuit.
Old 26 Aug 2010, 10:07 (Ref:2750477)   #35
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Entry is looking very good. 007/8&9 from Aston, 2 Pugs (1 works, 1 Oreca), 2 R15s, plus all the usual suspects in P2 and GT.
Oh, and a Lambo LP560 in GT2. Not seen that one before?

I'm looking forward to Friday, now. I've dropped a short note to Silverstone, asking about the future of Bridge. If I get anything back, I'll stick it on here?

LM P1 :

007 - Aston Martin Racing - Lola Aston Martin - Fernandez/Primat/Meyrick
008 - Signature - Lola Aston Martin - Ragues/Mailleux/Ickx
009 - Aston Martin Racing - Lola Aston Martin - Barazi/Hancock
1 - Team Peugeot Total - Peugeot 908 HDi-FAP - Davidson/Minassian
4 - Team Oreca Matmut - Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Lapierre/Sarrazin
5 - Beechdean Mansell - Ginetta Zytek - Mansell/Mansell/Mansell
7 - Audi Sport Team Joest - Audi R15 TDI - Kristensen/McNish
8 - Audi Sport Team Joest - Audi R15 TDI - Bernhard/Capello
11 - Drayson Racing - Lola Judd - Drayson/Cocker
12 - Rebellion Racing - Lola Rebellion - Prost/Jani
13 - Rebellion Racing - Lola Rebellion - Belicchi/Boullion
20 - Team LNT - Ginetta Zytek - Burgess/Mowlem/McMurry

LM P2 :

24 - Oak Racing- Pescarolo Judd - Lahaye/Nicolet
25 - RML - Lola HPD - Erdos-Newton-Collins
27 - Race Performance - Radical Judd - Frey/Buncombe
29 - Racing Box - Lola Judd - Perazzini/Cioci/Pirri
30 - Racing Box - Lola Judd - Babini/Geri/Leo
31 - RLR msport - MG Lola AER - Gates/Garofall/Phillips
35 - Oak Racing - Pescarolo Judd - Hein/Moreau
36 - Pegasus Racing - Courage Oreca AER - Schell/Da Rocha
39 - KSM - Lola Judd - De Pourtales/Noda/Kennard
40 - Quifel ASM Team - Ginetta Zytek - Amaral/Pla
41 - Team Bruichladdich - Ginetta Zytek - Ojjeh/Greaves/Ebbesvik
42 - Strakka Racing - HPD - Leventis-Watts-Kane

Formula Le Mans :

43 - Dams- Formula Le Mans - Barlesi/Cicognani/Chalandon
44 - Dams - Formula Le Mans - Firth/Hughes
45 - Boutsen Energy Racing - Formula le Mans - Kraihamer/De Crem/Delhez
46 - JMB Racing - Formula Le Mans - Kutemann/Basso/Hartshorne
47 - Hope Polevision Racing - Formula Le Mans - Moro/Zacchia/Lombard
48 - Hope Polevision Racing - Formula Le Mans - Pillon/Capillaire/Verdonck
49 - Applewood Seven - Formula Le Mans - Toulemonde/Beche

LM GT1 :

50 - Larbre Competition - Saleen S7-R - Gardel/Goueslard/Rees
66 - Atlas FX-Team FS - Saleen S7-R - Van Dam/Baumgartner/Winslow

LM GT2 :

75 - Prospeed Competition- Porsche 997 GT3 RSR - Holzer/Westbrook
76 - IMSA Performance Matmut - Porsche 997 GT3 RSR - Narac/Pilet
77 - Team Felbermayr Proton - Porsche 997 GT3 RSR - Lieb/Lietz
78 - BMW Team Schnitzer - BMW M3 - Müller/Werner
85 - Spyker Squadron - Spyker C8 Laviolette GT2 - Dumbreck/Coronel
88 - Team Felbermayr Proton - Porsche 997 GT3 RSR - Ragginger/Ried/Dumas
89 - Hankook Team Farnbacher - Ferrari F430 GT - Farnbacher/Simonsen
90 - CRS Racing - Ferrari F430 GT - Ehret/Quaife/Kaffer
91 - CRS Racing - Ferrari F430 GT - Kirkaldy/Mullen
92 - JMW Motorsport - Aston Martin V8 Vantage - Bell/Turner
94 - AF Corse - Ferrari F430 GT - Companc/Russo
95 - AF Corse - Ferrari F430 GT - Fisichella/Vilander/Alesi
96 - AF Corse - Ferrari F430 GT - Bruni/Melo
99 - Gulf Team First - Lamborghini LP560 - Giroix/Goethe
Old 26 Aug 2010, 10:16 (Ref:2750483)   #36
Tom87
Racer

England
If anyone wants a very cheap place to camp, I camped outside the Royal Oak pub last year: http://www.touristnetuk.co.uk/northa...tone/index.asp

It was something silly like £5/tent/night and although not a fully fledged campsite, certainly adequate for a night or two. About 10 mins drive from the circuit.

Edit: I've also realised the wedding I have to attend is actually the previous Saturday, so a fulll LMS weekend could be back on the cards! That also confirms that more than one couple are getting married between us.
Old 26 Aug 2010, 13:48 (Ref:2750582)   #37
skeeskirrt
Racer

United States
Boney Mountain
skeeskirrt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am going to try and make it. Just happens that I am in London that week (fist time in the UK!), and am planning to make the trek from London to Silverstone on Sunday, but without a car. What information I can find on the web says it is doable by train, but might be a pain.

Train to Northampton and taxi (or bus route) from there to Silverstone? I suppose they won't have the shuttle buses from Northampton to Silverstone like for the GP weekend?

Any advice on getting there from London is appreciated!
Old 26 Aug 2010, 15:26 (Ref:2750630)   #38
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I'd try and hire a car!
Northampton is quite a way from Sillystone, especially by a bus service that likely doesn't run on a Sunday.
If I was going, I would happily offer you a lift from Banbury. That's just a step off the M40.
Anyone headed South that day? Banbury station is 3 minutes off junction 11. The PRODRIVE junction...

As a little aside. I followed a white van on my way into work today. Do Prodrive have personalised plates on their vans? Reg no. was T17AMR... Heading round Oxford.
Old 26 Aug 2010, 17:30 (Ref:2750686)   #39
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom87 View Post
Edit: I've also realised the wedding I have to attend is actually the previous Saturday, so a fulll LMS weekend could be back on the cards! That also confirms that more than one couple are getting married between us.

I dunno - maybe they're planning to get married one weekend, divorced midweek and marrying someone else the following weekend - forward planning!
Old 26 Aug 2010, 17:32 (Ref:2750687)   #40
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeskirrt View Post
I am going to try and make it. Just happens that I am in London that week (fist time in the UK!), and am planning to make the trek from London to Silverstone on Sunday, but without a car. What information I can find on the web says it is doable by train, but might be a pain.

Train to Northampton and taxi (or bus route) from there to Silverstone? I suppose they won't have the shuttle buses from Northampton to Silverstone like for the GP weekend?

Any advice on getting there from London is appreciated!
Same here! trying to plan my first trip to Silverstone, but can find a simple way to get from London to Silverstone by public transportation...
Old 26 Aug 2010, 17:43 (Ref:2750694)   #41
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMans.pt View Post
Same here! trying to plan my first trip to Silverstone, but can find a simple way to get from London to Silverstone by public transportation...
You all need to get together and hire a Transit Minibus.

http://www.icemrentacar.com/rent-a-c...d-transit.html

http://www.am-hire.co.uk/mpvs-minibus.asp

L.P.

Last edited by HORNDAWG; 26 Aug 2010 at 17:53.
Old 26 Aug 2010, 18:24 (Ref:2750710)   #42
JayBMS
Racer

Italy
JayBMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
whats the deal for Firday? do you just turn up?

Last edited by JayBMS; 26 Aug 2010 at 18:30.
Old 26 Aug 2010, 20:51 (Ref:2750791)   #43
Tom87
Racer

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I dunno - maybe they're planning to get married one weekend, divorced midweek and marrying someone else the following weekend - forward planning!
That would seem the most plausible scenario!

To those who are coming from London, I would advise against public transport if possible, I looked into it quite carefully for visitors to Formula Student UK earlier this year and unless a shuttle bus is running it might be tricky to get there (taxi the most likely option).

I'm not sure of my exact plan for the weekend (haven't even bought tickets yet) so I would rather not commit now, but if anyone is stuck for a lift from Banbury station nearer the time drop me a PM and I will let you know what my plans are.
Old 26 Aug 2010, 21:42 (Ref:2750818)   #44
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Friday is usually free.

I suggest the London crew get together and book a taxi from either Banbury or Northampton. Split 3 or 4 ways it's reasonable.

As I said, I would have happily collected folks from Banbury, but sadly I cannot be there.
Old 26 Aug 2010, 23:22 (Ref:2750849)   #45
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1fcf View Post
That is also the opinion of the local marshal I was working with at the BTCC meet. The feeling was that this would be a good event to celebrate the end of the Bridge circuit.
I was told some time ago that it would be the Arena Circuit. So, unless there's been a change of plans...........
Old 27 Aug 2010, 07:09 (Ref:2750929)   #46
gt_torque
Rookie

United Kingdom
London, UK
gt_torque should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there on the Sunday, possibly the Saturday too, but September is the month of race meetings, all the good stuff happens this month - argh!

BTW, have you guys heard about the Chelsea Auto Legends event on Sunday 5th September? Its a static car display of Le Mans cars in London - looks really good!

http://www.chelseaautolegends.com/
Old 27 Aug 2010, 16:19 (Ref:2751115)   #47
marcosgt
Racer

England
UK
marcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmarcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Silverstone entry looks almost as good as Le Mans and I missed that, so... certainly hope to be!

M.
Old 27 Aug 2010, 18:00 (Ref:2751155)   #48
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Friday is usually free.

It certainly appears to be Tim - there is no mention of any cost for the Friday on the Silverstone website.
Old 27 Aug 2010, 18:01 (Ref:2751156)   #49
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Silverstones PR twitter confirmed free entry friday ...
Old 28 Aug 2010, 10:32 (Ref:2751354)   #50
mackteck
Rookie

Ireland
co.meath
mackteck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakuncha View Post
Not me sadly, was there last year and loved it, someone is paying me to be in Mondello instead
Leinster Trophy?