Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 13 Aug 2020, 10:48 (Ref:3995122)   #1001
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by helgi View Post
From engineering point of view it's a fair point, but would some brands (let's say, their Marketing Departments) allow their teams to step into without any firm assurance of competitiveness for planned UltraTech-XXIIcentury-RacingPinacle-FutureInvetions-LMP2 MegaCars?
I think this was easier to handle in the IMSA land of DP-LMP2 and DPi-LMP2, where they (generally, not always but generally) handed the 'big races' to American cars, and then some of the 'lesser races' to P2 to keep them invested. But in WEC there is only one big race and all the rest are lesser races, which even when combined together do not surpass the value of one big race. So their political headache is much worse than that of IMSA.
Old 13 Aug 2020, 15:48 (Ref:3995211)   #1002
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Checking live timing on WEC Android phone app for FP1 from Spa and timing screen is blank. Is it just me or has anyone else encountered the same issue? It's working fine on website on laptop.
Old 13 Aug 2020, 15:51 (Ref:3995214)   #1003
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen.png
Views:	11
Size:	181.0 KB
ID:	63464

Live timing is ok on the site and also working with "Better Timing For No Race In Particular" chrome extension.
Old 13 Aug 2020, 15:53 (Ref:3995216)   #1004
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobefly View Post
Attachment 63464

Live timing is ok on the site and also working with "Better Timing For No Race In Particular" chrome extension.
Yes, the website is working fine for me too, as I said, just the Android phone app I have issues with.
Old 13 Aug 2020, 16:35 (Ref:3995231)   #1005
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have timing for FP1 on my app on my iPhone....
Old 13 Aug 2020, 16:59 (Ref:3995236)   #1006
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I have timing for FP1 on my app on my iPhone....
Yes, they're now showing on my phone, but weren't while the session was live (android phone). I logged out, logged in, uninstalled, reinstalled, but timing screen was blank. I suspect it was an app glitch rather than just my phone as an isolated case.
Old 14 Aug 2020, 15:35 (Ref:3995411)   #1007
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
I started a Spa race thread yesterday, so let's use that for anything relating to what's happening there. I've moved a few posts across. Ta!
Old 14 Aug 2020, 16:11 (Ref:3995416)   #1008
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Yes, they're now showing on my phone, but weren't while the session was live (android phone). I logged out, logged in, uninstalled, reinstalled, but timing screen was blank. I suspect it was an app glitch rather than just my phone as an isolated case.
It's a good opportunity to test all these things ahead of Le Mans.
Old 5 Sep 2020, 09:25 (Ref:4000183)   #1009
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rebellion had a shakedown test at Paul Ricard with 3 Oreca-R13s (the championship car, the secondary car, and spare car). Might be one of the last tests outside official sessions they ever conducted
http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/Res...n_01092020.pdf
Old 9 Sep 2020, 14:59 (Ref:4001149)   #1010
Deleted
Veteran

Thankfully the mandated Toyota one-lap advantage looks to be no longer there with higher petrol stint allowance for nonhybrid
2020 EOT http://www.dailysportscar.com/wp-con...S_08092020.pdf
RE: 2019 https://www.fia.com/sites/default/fi...s_05062019.pdf
RE: 2018 https://www.fia.com/sites/default/fi...ans_120618.pdf

The mathematical "formulae" on these refueling bop charts hurt my brain
http://www.dailysportscar.com/wp-con...g_08092020.pdf
http://www.dailysportscar.com/wp-con...S_08092020.pdf

"3- During the race, if a Competitor is refuelling under Full Course Yellow (Article 14.5.2 of the 2020 24 Hours of L Mans Supplementary Regulations), the minimum refuelling time must be:
T refuelling time (s) > [ ( N number of laps since last refuelling under green (-) x K coefficient of second per lap completed (s) ) – T Art.14.5.2 ]
As example, T2 for LMGTE Pro should be: T2 > [ ( 14 + 2 ) x 2.5 – 4.8 ]"

Riiiight...
Old 9 Sep 2020, 15:17 (Ref:4001158)   #1011
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Or, alternatively - include a link to the full story which attempts to explain what it is that they are trying to achieve?

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2020/0...eased-too.html
Old 9 Sep 2020, 17:12 (Ref:4001198)   #1012
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Too easy.....
Old 15 Sep 2020, 12:31 (Ref:4002591)   #1013
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm actually looking forward to the second GP in Bahrain this year on the perimeter circuit. WEC should use it, with the cars trimmed out, Le Mans style.

https://www.formula1.com/en/racing/2020/Sakhir.html
Old 15 Sep 2020, 17:46 (Ref:4002646)   #1014
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
I'm actually looking forward to the second GP in Bahrain this year on the perimeter circuit. WEC should use it, with the cars trimmed out, Le Mans style.

https://www.formula1.com/en/racing/2020/Sakhir.html
unfortunately the track is too short. Considering also gte are much slower than lmp cars, it would be an endless traffic jam nightmare
Old 15 Sep 2020, 18:19 (Ref:4002654)   #1015
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
unfortunately the track is too short. Considering also gte are much slower than lmp cars, it would be an endless traffic jam nightmare
Umm...

2011 Road Atlanta ILMC
Circuit length: 4,088 km
Cars: 56
Classes of competition: LMP1, LMP2, LMPC, GTE-PRO, GTE-AM, GTC
Traffic density: 13.699

Bahrain 8 Hours hypothetically on Outer Circuit
Circuit length: 3,543 km
Cars: ~25-29
Classes of competition: LMP1, LMP2, GTE-PRO, GTE-AM
Traffic density: 7.056-8.185

Last edited by Deleted; 15 Sep 2020 at 18:29.
Old 15 Sep 2020, 19:05 (Ref:4002672)   #1016
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Umm...

2011 Road Atlanta ILMC
Circuit length: 4,088 km
Cars: 56
Classes of competition: LMP1, LMP2, LMPC, GTE-PRO, GTE-AM, GTC
Traffic density: 13.699

Bahrain 8 Hours hypothetically on Outer Circuit
Circuit length: 3,543 km
Cars: ~25-29
Classes of competition: LMP1, LMP2, GTE-PRO, GTE-AM
Traffic density: 7.056-8.185
Watched 2011 petit le mans and actually was a mess of race.
Btw that "oval" bahrain layout has a much higher average speed than RA... you would see lmp cars dodging slower gte cars on straight for the whole race. Funny fact, sakhir circuit has a longer layout called "endurance" that was actually used only once for 2010 f1 gp
Old 15 Sep 2020, 19:38 (Ref:4002678)   #1017
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
Watched 2011 petit le mans and actually was a mess of race.
Btw that "oval" bahrain layout has a much higher average speed than RA... you would see lmp cars dodging slower gte cars on straight for the whole race. Funny fact, sakhir circuit has a longer layout called "endurance" that was actually used only once for 2010 f1 gp
It was a great race, the only true traffic-related mess I really remember was the R18 crash when it was squeezed between 908 and Cup Porsche but even that could've happened elsewhere

Dodging much slower cars on straights is easier than in corners, generally. The stupid sprint race success penalties have made the P1s slow on straights that's true but there should be only 3 P1s at that race anyway

The 2010 endurance layout was even more boring than the standard Bahrain circuit, if even possible. At least the outer rim is something different and not a generic Tilkeboredom. I'm looking forward to that GP, which is something I don't think I've ever said of any event held at Bahrain. I mean it's still Bahrain with gigantic carparks and boring scenery, it's certainly no Mugello we saw the last weekend, but the layout is fresh and speedy. Pure high speed tracks are bit of dying breed

Last edited by Deleted; 15 Sep 2020 at 19:43.
Old 15 Sep 2020, 21:04 (Ref:4002688)   #1018
canaglia
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
It was a great race, the only true traffic-related mess I really remember was the R18 crash when it was squeezed between 908 and Cup Porsche but even that could've happened elsewhere

Dodging much slower cars on straights is easier than in corners, generally. The stupid sprint race success penalties have made the P1s slow on straights that's true but there should be only 3 P1s at that race anyway

The 2010 endurance layout was even more boring than the standard Bahrain circuit, if even possible. At least the outer rim is something different and not a generic Tilkeboredom. I'm looking forward to that GP, which is something I don't think I've ever said of any event held at Bahrain. I mean it's still Bahrain with gigantic carparks and boring scenery, it's certainly no Mugello we saw the last weekend, but the layout is fresh and speedy. Pure high speed tracks are bit of dying breed
R18 dumas crash aside, I remember a lot of other FCY during that race.
Honestly I think for lmp1/2 drivers that race has been a real pain since they had to dodge tons of gtc/lmpc moving chicanes each lap.
Cars usually driven by unexpert and unpredictable am drivers.
At best a WEC oval bahrain race I expect something like a long highway ride with slower gte cars running on a side of the roadway and faster lmp cars running on the other side.

Btw me too don't like sakhir endurance layout; it's just wierd that an "endurance" layout has never been used so far for an endurance event.
Old 16 Sep 2020, 09:44 (Ref:4002757)   #1019
Deleted
Veteran

Maybe they don't have the night-for-day F1 floodlights, which they insist in using for some reason, covering the extra bit
Old 6 Oct 2020, 14:49 (Ref:4008845)   #1020
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
WEC Bahrain is ending the season on a whimper. Toyota needs to make this interesting for the first hour at least. I think they should run the first couple laps slow enough to just stay ahead of the LMP2 cars on track. Then pit for fuel after about 5 laps so they can not get behind the GT cars and then just race like they normally would from there. They will be ahead again by the start of the 2nd hour. But the P2s get to have overall lead for a little bit there at the start and we can see the Toyotas catch up to them.
Old 6 Oct 2020, 19:29 (Ref:4008887)   #1021
Matador
Racer

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
WEC Bahrain is ending the season on a whimper. Toyota needs to make this interesting for the first hour at least. I think they should run the first couple laps slow enough to just stay ahead of the LMP2 cars on track. Then pit for fuel after about 5 laps so they can not get behind the GT cars and then just race like they normally would from there. They will be ahead again by the start of the 2nd hour. But the P2s get to have overall lead for a little bit there at the start and we can see the Toyotas catch up to them.

The battle between the #7 and #8 crew for the WEC Drivers championship should be very interesting. Rooting for the unlucky #7

Does anyone know if the cars will be unshackled or will nonsensical EoT/BoP rules apply?
Old 6 Oct 2020, 19:33 (Ref:4008888)   #1022
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matador View Post
The battle between the #7 and #8 crew for the WEC Drivers championship should be very interesting. Rooting for the unlucky #7

Does anyone know if the cars will be unshackled or will nonsensical EoT/BoP rules apply?
Im guessing they will still have the bop applied even though there is no competition. Would be interesting to see them allowed to run to LeMans spec or something though just to make it more interesting
Old 6 Oct 2020, 20:03 (Ref:4008899)   #1023
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well it would be good if they were both allowed to run totally unrestricted, so we can see what they could do.
Old 6 Oct 2020, 22:39 (Ref:4008918)   #1024
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think after two hours thirty four minutes they should stop and make a cup of tea. The number 8 should have a slightly hotter cup that takes longer to drink. The exact temperature difference will be calculated using a formula that relates T to the additional lap time penalty the no. 8 car has.

In addition the no. 7 car should have more red on it as we all know that red is quicker.
Old 7 Oct 2020, 01:06 (Ref:4008930)   #1025
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I think after two hours thirty four minutes they should stop and make a cup of tea. The number 8 should have a slightly hotter cup that takes longer to drink. The exact temperature difference will be calculated using a formula that relates T to the additional lap time penalty the no. 8 car has.

In addition the no. 7 car should have more red on it as we all know that red is quicker.
I know you said this in jest, but send off liveries is a great idea! Something completely off the wall, the merchandising opportunities would be fantastic! Audi had that crocodile R8, maybe they do a Komodo Dragon?