Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 20 Sep 2007, 00:56 (Ref:2018397)   #1
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
2008 LMS Entries

LMP1

Peugeot Sport 908
Pegueot Sport 908
Customer Peugeot 908
Audi R10 (Joest?)
Audi R10 (Joest?)
Creation-AIM
Creation-AIM
Oreca-Courage
Oreca-Courage
Pescarolo Sport
Pescarolo Sport
Rollcentre Racing Pescarolo
Arena International Zytek
RML (Lola coupe?) Mariantic Rumour
Charouz (Lola Coupe?)
RFH Dome
Lavaggi
Barazi Epsilon Zytek

LMP2

VM Motorsport RS Spyder
? RS Spyder
Chamberlain ?
Pierre Bruneau ?
Team Bruichladdich Radical
Horag Racing Lola
Binnie Motorsports Lola
Saulnier Racing Courage
Quifel ASM Team (rumours of new chassis or even P1)
Embassy Racing
Embassy Racing
Team LNT Zytek

GT1

Aston Martin Racing Larbre
Aston Martin Racing Larbre
Team Modena Aston Martin
Luc Alphand Aventures C6.R
Luc Alphand Aventures C6.R
Racing Box Saleen

Anyone else care to put the GT2 list together. All I've heard are two new 2008 Spykers on Motors TV.

Last edited by JAG; 20 Sep 2007 at 01:00.
Old 20 Sep 2007, 01:22 (Ref:2018402)   #2
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Lister-Pescarolo
Old 20 Sep 2007, 05:45 (Ref:2018465)   #3
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If that P1 line up comes off. Wow!! Sends a chill of excitement down my spine!!!!
Old 20 Sep 2007, 06:00 (Ref:2018467)   #4
WouterM
Racer

Netherlands
WouterM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Peugeot customer car is not very likely going to happen in 2008 already, according to the view-on-engine blocker.
Old 20 Sep 2007, 07:12 (Ref:2018497)   #5
Francesco
Racer

Italy
Lecco, Italy
Francesco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i would take away this:
Customer Peugeot 908 - not very likely
Audi R10 (Joest?) - for the moment the program is not scheduled (word of one of the italian drivers)
Racing Box Saleen - there may be some big news but they probably won't stay with Saleen

and would get in this
Randaccio Lucchini - he spent a lot for new engine-trasmission... i think i will stay for 08 too
2 car P2 italian team - there are talks of this but still nothing confirmed (not BMS)
GPC Corvettes - 1 possibly 2... GT1... still in discussion but very possible
GT1 "kit car" programs - Renauer-Gumpert and ?-Koenigsegg IF they do something it will probably be in LMS
-Swiss Spirit Lola
-Protran/Debora/Norma/WR LMP2 teams...
-Ian Dawson "new" Lola?
Old 20 Sep 2007, 07:50 (Ref:2018531)   #6
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Racing for Holland is questionable it seems.
Old 20 Sep 2007, 08:30 (Ref:2018562)   #7
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't see RfH coming back unfortunately (I'd love to be proven wrong). What about Zulltec? Quifel will very probably change chassis but class? hmmmmm...
Barazi in P1? (big question mark)
Old 20 Sep 2007, 11:46 (Ref:2018818)   #8
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brielga
I don't see RfH coming back unfortunately (I'd love to be proven wrong). What about Zulltec? Quifel will very probably change chassis but class? hmmmmm...
Zulltec abandoned their project. Unless someone buys it, you can forget that one.
Old 20 Sep 2007, 15:33 (Ref:2019006)   #9
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I pretty certain RML don't want to run in the top class. I could be wrong though.
Old 20 Sep 2007, 15:41 (Ref:2019013)   #10
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
RML to move up a class in 2008? seems so - more soon...
Old 20 Sep 2007, 15:51 (Ref:2019020)   #11
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm sure no Audi plans have been made yet, but I'm also quite confident Audi will be in the LMS.

They could have been at Silverstone if all went to plan.

I think Audi have to prove themselves against Peugeot, I no longer believe they have the best diesel.
Old 20 Sep 2007, 15:55 (Ref:2019023)   #12
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by brielga

I think it was DSC that said Barazi are looking to upgrade to a P1 car.
Old 20 Sep 2007, 16:35 (Ref:2019048)   #13
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
I'm sure no Audi plans have been made yet, but I'm also quite confident Audi will be in the LMS.
You were also sure of this last year, but it didn't happen. Different marketing strategies will keep them apart except at Le Mans I think. But I would love to be wrong on this.

Last edited by jhansen; 20 Sep 2007 at 16:51.
Old 20 Sep 2007, 16:46 (Ref:2019051)   #14
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kruse in LMP2 with a Lola, Zytek or something else
Old 20 Sep 2007, 17:35 (Ref:2019096)   #15
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
You were also sure of this last year, but it didn't happen. Different marketing strategies will keep them apart except at Le Mans I think. But I would love to be wrong on this.

That was because they didn't have enough chassis and were unhappy with the media coverage. They had tentative plans to be at Silverstone this year.

Marketing is exactly why they need to be in Europe, this is by far their biggest diesel market and is continuing to expand.

Go to a Shell garage and R10 adverts are plastered around the diesel pumps.
Old 20 Sep 2007, 17:47 (Ref:2019111)   #16
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I hope you're right JAG. A season long match up would be awesome.
Old 20 Sep 2007, 20:40 (Ref:2019252)   #17
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
It would be nice if someone in Europe would race the Lola-Mazda package.
Old 21 Sep 2007, 07:15 (Ref:2019489)   #18
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
It would be nice if someone in Europe would race the Lola-Mazda package.
I hope your right although I have a hunch that the reason Audi never showed in Europe after Le Mans was that they realised the Pug would beat them on most circuits.

My impression is that the Pug is a lot better in the corners than the Audi.
Old 21 Sep 2007, 07:35 (Ref:2019505)   #19
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal
My impression is that the Pug is a lot better in the corners than the Audi.
Clearly the Peugeot has better aerodynamics. The official numbers suggest that the HDI engine produces more power than the Audi TDI; the pace of Audi in Le Mans however suggest otherwise.
Old 21 Sep 2007, 07:39 (Ref:2019508)   #20
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
Clearly the Peugeot has better aerodynamics. The official numbers suggest that the HDI engine produces more power than the Audi TDI; the pace of Audi in Le Mans however suggest otherwise.
Yes but I think the Pug was not flat out at Le Mans, rather going for a finish. Also the Le Mans circuit is very different to most of the others in set up. I think if the pug was racing in ALMS it wouldnt be struggling against the Porsche in the way the Audi is. Purely personal opinion, of course. Audi to me have been caught of guard by the sheer increase in pace of LMP2 - 4/5 secs a lap in a year, at some circuits.

It will be interesting to see how Audi rise to the challenge next year.
Old 21 Sep 2007, 08:51 (Ref:2019539)   #21
Hammerdown
Racer

United Kingdom
Clevedon, UK
Hammerdown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would go with the Pugs beating the Audis at 'normal' circuits. I get the impression that the Pug was built with the LMS in mind, whereas the Audi was built solely with the 24hr in mind. The ALMS running was more of an afterthought. The Audi seems to be able to run flat out for 24hr, the Peugeot seems to struggle to do that reliably for six, and clearly had to turn down the wick for the big one. I think maybe we might see a sprint version of the R10 for next year.
Old 21 Sep 2007, 15:18 (Ref:2019765)   #22
JAG
Veteran

England
Will be very ineresting to see if the R10 has an evolution, the R8 never came up against such intense competition.
Old 24 Sep 2007, 19:30 (Ref:2022009)   #23
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Latest rumour is Charouz with a Zytek LMP1 and possibily RML running the Ex-Charouz Lola .
Old 24 Sep 2007, 21:00 (Ref:2022099)   #24
ThePenguin
Veteran

United States
United States
ThePenguin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Latest rumour is Charouz with a Zytek LMP1 and possibily RML running the Ex-Charouz Lola .
I was hoping that if RML was indeed going to race in LMP1 that they would get the new Lola coupe, but then maybe they want to wait for the new coupe to get some more development time before using it.
Old 25 Sep 2007, 05:25 (Ref:2022271)   #25
Zytek_Fan
Racer

United States
Zytek_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is Creation going through with the coupe in 08?