Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 24 Sep 2008, 01:29 (Ref:2296569)   #301
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice
haha, they certainly sound as if they were trying to break some record, as for that chunk of front bodywork in front of whats left of the epsilon, thats on my floor about 30cm ish from me.

If you managed to pick up a splitter, that is one quite complex and expensive piece of bodywork. Pretty big as well.
Old 24 Sep 2008, 01:37 (Ref:2296573)   #302
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

wasnt the splitter, was the front light and bits of bodywork, wouldnt have been able to fit a splitter in my car not unless i tied it to the roof, in that case it would have been pretty bloody comical, would have fallen off on the M6 probably .

t'was certainly the best souvenier ive had from a race meeting, although bizzarely i found it at the britcar 24 hour the weekend after, lucky find for me, although i didnt realise how big the lump of bodywork was.

if they crash some more and i collect all the pieces, might be able to eventually cobble em together like an airfix kit
Old 24 Sep 2008, 02:17 (Ref:2296594)   #303
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice
wasnt the splitter, was the front light and bits of bodywork, wouldnt have been able to fit a splitter in my car not unless i tied it to the roof, in that case it would have been pretty bloody comical, would have fallen off on the M6 probably .

t'was certainly the best souvenier ive had from a race meeting, although bizzarely i found it at the britcar 24 hour the weekend after, lucky find for me, although i didnt realise how big the lump of bodywork was.

if they crash some more and i collect all the pieces, might be able to eventually cobble em together like an airfix kit
If they keep up there current pace you will have a full race ready Epsilon Euskadi by the middle of next season.
Old 24 Sep 2008, 07:24 (Ref:2296668)   #304
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybe someone should find out the Epsilon testing program to pickup more bits of the car for the 'kit'
or is the number a crashes the reason why they have apparently stated that they are building a entirely new car--'cos there is not much left of the old ones???
Old 24 Sep 2008, 07:45 (Ref:2296677)   #305
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I feel bad for the team, the project seems to have potential.

But why is this happening all the time?
Old 24 Sep 2008, 13:34 (Ref:2296969)   #306
canam
Veteran

I think it is down to experience of building and running prototypes. The two 'new' teams to P1 (Epsilon and Oreca) had appalling reliability. Both were quick but fragile. Despite suffering on performance, Pescarolo and Creation outpointed them both and I think this has a lot to do with their experience of running these cars. If Epsilon build an entirely new car for 2009, I think they will have another year of new car problems.

Additionally, I would seriously question the choice of drivers in the Epsilons. They appear to be very prone to expensive mistakes. Terrible for the crew but three times at the same place in one race is ridiculous.

For all the supposed resources given to this project, the results were extremely disappointing.
Old 24 Sep 2008, 15:27 (Ref:2297033)   #307
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r
If they keep up there current pace you will have a full race ready Epsilon Euskadi by the middle of next season.
Just in time for lemans then, maybe we will get that ten tenths lemans entry after all
Old 24 Sep 2008, 16:10 (Ref:2297058)   #308
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canam
I think it is down to experience of building and running prototypes. The two 'new' teams to P1 (Epsilon and Oreca) had appalling reliability. Both were quick but fragile. Despite suffering on performance, Pescarolo and Creation outpointed them both and I think this has a lot to do with their experience of running these cars. If Epsilon build an entirely new car for 2009, I think they will have another year of new car problems.

Additionally, I would seriously question the choice of drivers in the Epsilons. They appear to be very prone to expensive mistakes. Terrible for the crew but three times at the same place in one race is ridiculous.

For all the supposed resources given to this project, the results were extremely disappointing.
The #21 car has been solid since its debut at Le Mans, its just the team, wanting to have an all Spanish lineup in 1 car that has left them with not much choice but to have to rebuild the 20 car everyday.
Old 24 Sep 2008, 16:31 (Ref:2297076)   #309
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Witch one of the drivers? Remember that Burgueño and De Castro had drive for Quifel-ASM in 2006 and 2007 and in both years they where vice-champions in LMP2. Does LMP1 and LMP2 so different in driving? Hum....

2nd car Drivers? Adrián Vallés and Shinji Nakano? They are not top drivers, but probably they pay well...

Mistakes everyone does... how about Minassian? With so much at stake he made a stupid beginner error at Silverstone passing the Audi... does that make him a bad race pilot? Surely not...

Quote:
What resources? Sponsors: none! They are racing with their own money and i don´t believe they can kept doing it for a log time. If they don't get the so needed sponsors for 2009... hum.... LMS and Le Mans together? Maybe not.

The results where what they wanted: Finish Le Mans, and the grab the most points they could in LMS. They surely didn't finish Le Mans but made 2 points in the LMS. And you got to agree that it was very good for a team with zero experience in endurance and sportscar. The ee1 is the first car they built ever.

The experience they have was running in World Series by Renault and some national Formula Renault 2.0 series, an Formula Renault 2.0 Eurocup.

don't be so mean... give them time to adapt

Last edited by LeMans.pt; 24 Sep 2008 at 16:35.
Old 25 Sep 2008, 09:29 (Ref:2297515)   #310
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
You should have said you were collecting? I could have donated large chunks of Peugeot from Hangar Straight!

So, what would you call it? Epsigeot? Peulon?
I think Epsigeot, as Ecurie LlanfairPG are going to run something unpronounceable!
Old 25 Sep 2008, 12:53 (Ref:2297641)   #311
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMans.pt
Witch one of the drivers? Remember that Burgueño and De Castro had drive for Quifel-ASM in 2006 and 2007 and in both years they where vice-champions in LMP2. Does LMP1 and LMP2 so different in driving? Hum....

2nd car Drivers? Adrián Vallés and Shinji Nakano? They are not top drivers, but probably they pay well...

Mistakes everyone does... how about Minassian? With so much at stake he made a stupid beginner error at Silverstone passing the Audi... does that make him a bad race pilot? Surely not...

What resources? Sponsors: none! They are racing with their own money and i don´t believe they can kept doing it for a log time. If they don't get the so needed sponsors for 2009... hum.... LMS and Le Mans together? Maybe not.

The results where what they wanted: Finish Le Mans, and the grab the most points they could in LMS. They surely didn't finish Le Mans but made 2 points in the LMS. And you got to agree that it was very good for a team with zero experience in endurance and sportscar. The ee1 is the first car they built ever.

The experience they have was running in World Series by Renault and some national Formula Renault 2.0 series, an Formula Renault 2.0 Eurocup.

don't be so mean... give them time to adapt

Could not agree more Hugo, I think the Epsilon drivers are top notch, they should have been LMP2 champions by far in 2006 LMP2 and they have quite some championship and race wins among them. I think it would be important to know why that car went off at the same place a couple of times, was it driver error..? was it something else...? Jumping to conclusions is always dangerous.
Old 25 Sep 2008, 13:35 (Ref:2297666)   #312
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I suspect unhappy coincidence.
Crash on Friday.
Engine Saturday.
Collision Sunday.

At least, that is my understanding.

It's just a weird thing that all 3 happened in Becketts...