Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 3 Sep 2008, 19:37 (Ref:2281092)   #101
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was Strakka's DBR9 out testing as well? I take it their new livery will look like the M3's?
Old 3 Sep 2008, 19:39 (Ref:2281095)   #102
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So I am so pleased about the news to come out Wellingbrough today, however I am not really suprised. I can't wait to see it with my own eyes next Friday.
Old 3 Sep 2008, 19:45 (Ref:2281102)   #103
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye
Was Strakka's DBR9 out testing as well? I take it their new livery will look like the M3's?
Which spec are the DBR9?

It seems its not 2008?
Old 3 Sep 2008, 20:04 (Ref:2281122)   #104
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Superb looking car the MG Lola Coupé of RML !!!!
Old 3 Sep 2008, 20:40 (Ref:2281156)   #105
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye
If it looks like that then, it is a pretty boring livery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslak Vind
Which spec are the DBR9?

It seems its not 2008?
Think it is a 2007 spec with one or two 2008 things added before Le Mans.

Tom.

Last edited by airbusA346; 3 Sep 2008 at 20:43.
Old 3 Sep 2008, 20:58 (Ref:2281167)   #106
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346
If it looks like that then, it is a pretty boring livery.
I think it would look pretty cool...simple, but there's nothing wrong with an all black Aston
Old 3 Sep 2008, 23:05 (Ref:2281242)   #107
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This is shaping up to be the best UK Sportscar race for almost two decades, matching the '89-'90 Group C races.
Old 3 Sep 2008, 23:11 (Ref:2281248)   #108
Thumper
Racer

Thumper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Since nobody else seems to have answered this earlier question, the driver in the Zytek with the all-white helmet was Olivier Pla. I understand that we are not to draw too many obvious conclusions from this, but time will tell.

The news of RML's coupé was also carried on their own website, naturally enough, where there are also some more photos from today's run at Snetterton. (www.mg-lola.com) As noted by an earlier post, the roof-line on the RML variant differs from both the Speedy LMP2 and the Charouz LMP1 because it does not have the roof-top air-intake. That makes the roof appear lower and sleeker. Instead, the AER-derived XP-21 engine has the snorkel intake on the left-hand side beside the cockpit.

Also picking up on some of the earlier comments, Strakka's Aston and BMW are now both in all-black livery with largely white-out sponsors' logos etc, but from questions asked, there's some thought being given to introducing a second colour. The Aston worked so well in the Vitaphone livery at Le Mans that I think there has to be some mileage down that route - although not turquoise blue, of course. Darren Turner shared the running with Peter Hardman, while Nick Leventis spent most of his time in the BMW.

Also testing at Snett was the Radical LMP2, with Michael Vergers doing some development on revised aero, and Ross Kaiser enjoying his first run in the "big" Radical.

Last edited by Thumper; 3 Sep 2008 at 23:18.
Old 3 Sep 2008, 23:26 (Ref:2281257)   #109
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
One thought, I'm probably going on all three days of the meeting - given the lack of info being mentioned, I'm assuming entry is free on the Friday?
Old 3 Sep 2008, 23:49 (Ref:2281275)   #110
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sweet machine!
Old 4 Sep 2008, 00:44 (Ref:2281292)   #111
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper
Since nobody else seems to have answered this earlier question, the driver in the Zytek with the all-white helmet was Olivier Pla. I understand that we are not to draw too many obvious conclusions from this, but time will tell.
ASM going Zytek???? Don't think so....
Old 4 Sep 2008, 01:11 (Ref:2281298)   #112
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
One thought, I'm probably going on all three days of the meeting - given the lack of info being mentioned, I'm assuming entry is free on the Friday?
I assume so - I've seen no price mentioned anywhere...

The RML coupe does look good, the colour scheme really suits a coupe, will be interesting to see how it compares with the Speedy/Sebah car, and whether RML will immediately decide to upgrade their engines
Old 4 Sep 2008, 02:24 (Ref:2281326)   #113
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Wow!! That RML coupe looks so good, the white based livery really does suit the lines of the coupe well, it would be great to see them beat the Porsches at home.
Old 4 Sep 2008, 04:59 (Ref:2281363)   #114
Cuttlefish
Racer

United States
Seattle, WA
Cuttlefish should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was the RML announcement unexpected? Did I miss something?

Usually all the new car announcements are pretty well known, especially seeing that this announcement was only made with 2 weeks until Silverstone?

Either way, damn nice car! Great to see more of the Lola Coupes.

Same engine as Speedy?
Old 4 Sep 2008, 07:15 (Ref:2281385)   #115
Thumper
Racer

Thumper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The RML announcement was totally unexpected, I think. Mutterings had suggested they were considering the Acura route, so combining an announcement like this with a shakedown test on the same day caught quite a few people on the hop.

The engine is not the same as the Speedy Sebah Coupé, since the RML example retains the MG XP-21 AER-developed unit - hence the car's on-going designation as an MG Lola.
Old 4 Sep 2008, 07:24 (Ref:2281389)   #116
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper
The news of RML's coupé was also carried on their own website, naturally enough, where there are also some more photos from today's run at Snetterton. (www.mg-lola.com) As noted by an earlier post, the roof-line on the RML variant differs from both the Speedy LMP2 and the Charouz LMP1 because it does not have the roof-top air-intake. That makes the roof appear lower and sleeker. Instead, the AER-derived XP-21 engine has the snorkel intake on the left-hand side beside the cockpit.
Terrific news, the car looks spectacular!

Snett was clearly just a shakedown for the new package, and although appearances may suggest otherwise, this is clearly evolution rather than revolution. I assume, therefore, that Tommy may have 'had a go' yesterday. Can you give any indication of his quickest laptime?
Old 4 Sep 2008, 07:34 (Ref:2281394)   #117
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
I think this Lola package might surprise us. I was not surprised by the fact, that the current car had to be pensioned of, RML themselves confirmed that earlier in the year.

But launching the car today in shape of a coupe, surprised me, however logical it might seem.
Old 4 Sep 2008, 07:36 (Ref:2281396)   #118
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Interesting to see, which powerplant RML chooses next year. I was also surprised by Oliver Pla in the Zytek?
Old 4 Sep 2008, 07:55 (Ref:2281405)   #119
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
..........I do think the RML news deserved a dedicated thread!
Old 4 Sep 2008, 08:11 (Ref:2281412)   #120
mariantic
Racer

Scotland
Scotland
mariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy
RML has 2 B05/40s. HU03 was the Judd powered car and was only used in 2005. HU05 was the AER/MG powered car they've used in 2006-present.
Note the chassis number from LMS Silverstone entry list:-

http://www.lemans-series.com/en/s51_...php?voiture=59

N° Chassis: B0880-HU03

Interesting?

Mariantic
Old 4 Sep 2008, 08:24 (Ref:2281420)   #121
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Very interesting, and now we are on the subject:

Structure:

Chassis: R10 TDI
N° Chassis: 1:R10T-301 - 2:R10T-204

#2 is a tub from last year?

Configuration:

Chassis: Lola
N° Chassis: Lola HU01

The Lola Aston Martin has returned to the first tub, after racing the second at the ring?

Last edited by Aslak Vind; 4 Sep 2008 at 08:27.
Old 4 Sep 2008, 08:33 (Ref:2281425)   #122
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Just an indication that Lola and RML can keep a secret longer than most!

Last edited by Graham Goodwin; 4 Sep 2008 at 08:35.
Old 4 Sep 2008, 08:59 (Ref:2281442)   #123
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
The R10 204 tub from last years just goes to show, that the damage done at LM means that Audi will not bother to build another R10 tub only a few races from retirement. Especially in a championship, with no chance of winning.

Audi Sport is probably busy building R15 tubs instead. The A4 DTM for 2009 will probably be named R14Plus

Last edited by Aslak Vind; 4 Sep 2008 at 09:02.
Old 4 Sep 2008, 09:01 (Ref:2281444)   #124
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
..........I do think the RML news deserved a dedicated thread!
Absolutely - but this is what happens when they spring a surprise on us instead of whipping up our appetites like Rollcentre did with their Pescarolo!

In fact, there's so much to speculate about I would have thought "Yesterday at Snetterton" would have been a pretty decent thread too.

Beyond the obvious RML news there was the Zytek:ASM connection, Michael Vergers in the Radical, sundry Strakka news, and probably a whole lot more.
Old 4 Sep 2008, 09:07 (Ref:2281449)   #125
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Verge does lots of work with radical - Ross Kaiser's first run is probably the more significant SR9 snippet