Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 13 Oct 2009, 17:45 (Ref:2560700)   #51
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMans.pt View Post
It all respects to Monza fans, actual Monza is not a better circuit than Algarve...

..besides that, and even [though] the first LMS race on [Algarve] had some organization issues to be aware of, there is a 3 years deal signed and compromised with LMEO and it wont leave the LMS schedule in the next two years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolK View Post
Guess we'll know next month when the schedule is known. As I understand it, Barcelona is also a three-year deal meaning this would be the third year. Just as long as they change the weekend on Spa [...]
Why not return to a six-race calendar? The perfect short European season would be Monza, Algarve, Spa, Nürburgring, Silverstone and Montmeló (in that order).

The ACO intercontinental trophy should have Sebring, Monza, (Le Mans if they want,) Silverstone, Road Atlanta, Suzuka, Shanghai (China is a key car market) and Qatar (the govt owns a decent share of the Volkswagen Group). Such a big tournament shouldn't have 1000-km races at Spa and Nürburgring when 24-hour races are held in those tracks. Montemló, Algarve, Okayama and Sepang don't have the aura for a world cup.
Old 13 Oct 2009, 17:57 (Ref:2560707)   #52
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Hmm, It seems someone is Lazy and or does not know how to do either a manual scan/search or use the search option in either of the task bars in the forums.

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117851

Amazing what one can find by doing so.

L.P.
Oh, sorry, I didn´t find it, i tried with the search but i´m a newbie on this forum and i didn´t found anything

Sorry for the inconveniences, we just let sink this shameful thread like the Titanic
Old 13 Oct 2009, 18:22 (Ref:2560726)   #53
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
Sorry for the alternateLMS thread, i´ll post my silly season here. I used the mariantic specullations a base and i added some extra info, adding some rumours.

LMP1

-Oreca ORECA Courage LC 70 AIM (maybe 2 cars)

-Sebah Racing / Speedy Racing Lola B08 Maybe 2 cars

-Signature Plus ORECA Courage LC70 Judd ??????????

-Pescarolo Sport Pescarolo P01 (maybe two cars, maybe one, maybe the 908)

-Strakka Racing Ginetta-Zytek 09S

-? Lola Aston Martin charouz (anyone will buy any of the 3 expensive Aston Martin?)

-? Lola Aston Martin (anyone will buy any of the 3 Aston Martin?)

-? Lola Aston Martin (anyone will buy any of the 3 Aston Martin?)

-Team LNT Ginetta-Zytek 09S Mansells?

-Scuderia Lavaggi Lavaggi LS1 AER Giovanni Lavaggi some races

-Drayson?????? maybe a few races???

-How about the Caparo project??? They don´t look very active,

-Epsilon-Euskadi? Probably won´t be present but if they get a good sponsor.....

LMP2

-Racing Box Lola B08/80 Judd ???? They had some money problems

-RML Lola B08/80 ? Mike Newton, Thomas Erdos (new engine, not Mazda)

-Welter Racing WR Zytek Philippe & Stéphane Salini (some aero updates)

-OAK Racing Pescarolo Mazda (2 cars?)

-Kruse Schiller Motorsport (maybe a new car, maybe none)

-Sebah Racing / Speedy Racing Lola B08/80 Judd (they have 2 LM invitations, but probably they move to P1)

-Gstaad Automobile Club Racing Team Zytek 07S - Zytek ?

-Quifel - ASM Team Ginetta-Zytek 09S Miguel Amaral

-Pegasus Racing ORECA Courage LC75 AER Maybe 2 new cars

-Ranieri Randaccio Lucchini Nicholson McLaren ???? maybe a few races

-Q8 Oil Hache Team (Probably 2 new P2, ginetta? Lola? Oreca?) probably Lola

-Embassy Racing /WFR Embassy WF-01 Zytek Maybe 2 cars

-Ibanez Racing Service Courage LC75

-Barazi - Epsilon Zytek 07S - Zytek ?????

-The Bru&Bru Radical is on sale, the won´t be on 2010

-Jota sport??? maybe one P2?

-Araxa Racing??? maybe with Porsche rs??? (yes please)

GT2&GT1

-Gigawave??? maybe with a NissanGTR?

-Luc Alphand maybe two cars? GT1 or GT2?

-BMW? probably not

-Hexis? Maybe GT1?

-any Gallardo LP560-GT2??? probably not
Old 13 Oct 2009, 19:13 (Ref:2560749)   #54
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Why not return to a six-race calendar? The perfect short European season would be Monza, Algarve, Spa, Nürburgring, Silverstone and Montmeló (in that order).
I believe there will be a 6-race calendar. But without Monza, and with Abu Dhabi.

I do think that for the LMS to grow in the general perception they need to capitalise on the publicity from 24 hour race: So no LMS races before Le Mans, then six races two or three weeks apart starting a fortnight after Le Mans and running to mid September.
Old 13 Oct 2009, 20:17 (Ref:2560780)   #55
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So cars and teams arrive at Le Mans in 2010 having had zero racing experience before hand. How does that work?
Old 13 Oct 2009, 20:26 (Ref:2560789)   #56
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's also a good way to guarentee that teams will miss races. Two week gaps isn't enough time.
Old 13 Oct 2009, 20:55 (Ref:2560810)   #57
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Also a way to guarantee that most viewers won't bother anymore after the second race...even for me a six hour race every two weeks would be a bit too much. It's a terrible idea.
Old 13 Oct 2009, 21:23 (Ref:2560826)   #58
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
None of the possible new entries are new teams, mostly of them have a lot of experience.

Jota Sport comes from the VdeV championship like Ibañez or Pegasus they are a Ligier team, Araxa is a sucesfull team on the german Porsche cup (and it´s said that they bough one RS, but that´s not a confirmed new) and Hexis runs on the Fia GT3 and next year will run on the Fia GT1 championship and maybe in some LMS.

Those aren´t confirmed entries, maybe all be on LMS or maybe none of them, it´s just a silly season with rumours

I´m sure that we´ll have a few surprises, specially on GT1

http://www.hexisracing.com/index_uk.php
http://www.jotasport.com/latest-news/2009/03
http://www.araxaracing.com/
Old 14 Oct 2009, 06:00 (Ref:2561028)   #59
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
http://endurance-info.com/version2/news-focus-2677.html

AF Corse considering running a Ferrari in LMS with Jean Alesi.
Old 14 Oct 2009, 16:06 (Ref:2561386)   #60
CarolK
Racer

United States
Texas
CarolK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
I believe there will be a 6-race calendar. But without Monza, and with Abu Dhabi.

I do think that for the LMS to grow in the general perception they need to capitalise on the publicity from 24 hour race: So no LMS races before Le Mans, then six races two or three weeks apart starting a fortnight after Le Mans and running to mid September.
that doesn't make any sense at all - with this thought process then everyone going to the 24h will need to go to Sebring if they wish to race before June? I don't think so.....

I spoke with a team member of Adrian's Saturday at Laguna Seca and was told the car was going to Europe.

Paul is running the full ALMS with the Lola Coupe.

I was advised that the sked for 2010 will be out this month, hope that info is correct so plans can be made.
Old 14 Oct 2009, 17:51 (Ref:2561452)   #61
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
According to Mariantic , you can add at least one ex-Fernandez Acura LMP2 to your list as well .
Old 15 Oct 2009, 00:06 (Ref:2561638)   #62
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
When abouts can we expect a 2010 calendar to appear? Maybe during the Okayama event, release both the LMS and AsLMS calendars?
Old 15 Oct 2009, 12:39 (Ref:2561921)   #63
skeeskirrt
Racer

United States
Boney Mountain
skeeskirrt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No surprise here, but Autosport online reporting that Howard-Chappell and Serge Saulnier upset with the closed top / open top prototype equivalency announcement.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79443
Old 15 Oct 2009, 16:35 (Ref:2562071)   #64
fiend540
Racer

United States
East Aurora NY
fiend540 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeskirrt View Post
No surprise here, but Autosport online reporting that Howard-Chappell and Serge Saulnier upset with the closed top / open top prototype equivalency announcement.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79443
It's what I would expect them to do but they still sound like babies. They didn't seem to mind when the new pit road rules eliminated the open top car's pit road advantage now did they?

Mariantic reporting that the Acura is for strakka racing, they ran a zytec this year right?
Old 15 Oct 2009, 16:46 (Ref:2562079)   #65
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiend540 View Post
It's what I would expect them to do but they still sound like babies. They didn't seem to mind when the new pit road rules eliminated the open top car's pit road advantage now did they?

Mariantic reporting that the Acura is for strakka racing, they ran a zytec this year right?
Zytek...
Old 15 Oct 2009, 16:48 (Ref:2562080)   #66
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post
Zytek...
Ginetta-Zytek...
Old 15 Oct 2009, 17:24 (Ref:2562094)   #67
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Mariantic reporting that the Acura is for strakka racing,
Hope they take that Acura to Le Mans in 2010 and bring Adrian in as one of the co-drivers for the 24.

DK
Old 15 Oct 2009, 18:00 (Ref:2562123)   #68
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

The Strakka car looked good this year and was quick at times. It's a shame to lose a GZ, but adding the Acura would be good stuff. I guess it would need an aero update for the rear wing, but I am interested to see the car in the Strakka livery.
Old 15 Oct 2009, 18:30 (Ref:2562151)   #69
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
The Strakka on P2 with a Acura??????? That´s weird, The ginetta was fast but the drivers was slow (Watts was the only of them with speed enouth)

But they left the P1?
Old 15 Oct 2009, 18:31 (Ref:2562153)   #70
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
Araxa is even more close to run in 2010 on a RS, but the want a solution from Porsche because the car is uneligible on 2011

Moving to P1 would be a solution or change the engine by a 997 one

Font:Endurance Info
Quote:

Le mois dernier, Ellen Lohr a émis le souhait de disputer les 24 Heures du Mans 2010. En cas de sélection, cette arrivée dans la Sarthe se fera avec le soutien de MVI Group, l'équipe allemande ARAXA Racing Team dirigée par Axel Plankenhorn se chargeant d'aligner la voiture.

Ellen Lohr nous a éclairé sur les détails du projet :

« Nous ne comptons pas nous limiter aux 24 Heures du Mans. Notre ambition est de disputer l'intégralité des Le Mans Series. Acheter une voiture pour une seule course n'a aucun sens ».

Si l'auto n'est actuellement pas déterminée, la seule pilote féminine Ã* s'être imposée en DTM nous précise que le prototype est l'option privilégiée :

« Nous faisons tout pour engager un proto, qui devrait être une Porsche RS Spyder. Mais actuellement, nous sommes en face d'un gros problème : la RS Spyder n'est pas admissible en Le Mans Series dans sa version actuelle. Nous cherchons la meilleure solution mais, notre souhait principal reste le prototype ».

Rappelons que 2010 marquera les 25 ans de carrière d'Ellen, qui compte bien marquer le coup :
« Je fêterai mes 25 ans de course la saison prochaine et mon rêve est de piloter avec succès aussi bien au Dakar qu'au Mans. Le double tour d'horloge sarthois est une épreuve Ã* laquelle tout pilote veut participer dans sa carrière. J'ai déjÃ* disputé les 24 Heures de Spa, de Zolder, du Nürburgring et de Daytona, mais jamais Le Mans ».

Last edited by pablocomics; 15 Oct 2009 at 18:37.
Old 16 Oct 2009, 00:31 (Ref:2562373)   #71
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The EI article about Strakka mentions that a second chassis may have been purchased for next year. I wonder if it was another acura chassis? or something else?
Old 16 Oct 2009, 01:42 (Ref:2562402)   #72
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I do NOT foresee ANY forthcoming prototype having the Porsche flat-6. That configuration leads to too much interference with the undertray diffusers, and would therefore leave any LMP using it at a disadvantage in downforce and/or the height of the car's center of gravity.
Old 16 Oct 2009, 02:09 (Ref:2562409)   #73
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Cayenne V8?
Old 16 Oct 2009, 02:39 (Ref:2562428)   #74
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I think if you are going to use a production engine in the new LMP framework, it still has to be homologated through the GT2 class to be legal.
Old 16 Oct 2009, 05:29 (Ref:2562484)   #75
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
I think if you are going to use a production engine in the new LMP framework, it still has to be homologated through the GT2 class to be legal.
That is not what the published engine rules for 2011 say. The only non 'race' engines are listed for P-2, the engines allowed in P-2 will be 4.0L GT2, 4.5L petrol stock (volume production) and 4.0L diesel V8 stock (volume production) Here Only 1 of the the 3 is a homologated GT-2 engine.

L.P.