Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 28 Oct 2009, 08:14 (Ref:2571210)   #126
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
One reason I go to longer races is because I can see the whole circuit... FIA GT and LMS usually involve at least 2 laps a day! Sometimes I ain't clever enough to stay in the Press Office...
I agree the whole point of a longer race is that you get to see a reasonable period at several vantage points, Spa is probably the best example, the length of the race means that you can start at one point and work you way slowly around spending 15 minutes here and then walk to see the cars in an very different place.

Seating or standing in one place and watching the same view might be OK for some people who pay extra for a hard plastic seat but not for me.
Old 28 Oct 2009, 09:40 (Ref:2571270)   #127
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ocus-2787.html

Ibanez Racing Service to return for 2010, probably get Oreca's upgrade package for the LC75, and switch to the Judd motor instead.

Hache Team also has confirmed they will keep their Lucchini as one of their two cars for 2010.

Last edited by The359; 28 Oct 2009 at 09:46.
Old 28 Oct 2009, 14:52 (Ref:2571484)   #128
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
The Monza 1000km shouldn't be missing from the calendar. Actually, it would be my European choice for the upcoming ACO Int'l Trophy along with Silverstone, since Algarve has no history and Spa has a separate 24-hour race.

Six-hour races are boring to watch on television, since there isn't much. A five- or six-race calendar can have all 1000km races without trouble. But if the ACO wants to add several more races, most of them should be shorter, say 4 hours / 600km it they still want some endurance.
Old 28 Oct 2009, 18:42 (Ref:2571614)   #129
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd say that the July TBA will be an evening race at Algarve, and the November TBA would be Abu Dhabi.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 28 Oct 2009, 23:32 (Ref:2571741)   #130
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johntt View Post
I'd say that the July TBA will be an evening race at Algarve, and the November TBA would be Abu Dhabi.
Algarve for shure is a great race track but dosen't work as well as thought by the LMS regarding spectators... holiday or vacation traveler necessarily not race fans too... and also Portugal is a far cry from the rest of Europe ( and the fans...)

Abu Dhabi I thought is a Asian Le Mans Series race... ?

Old 29 Oct 2009, 06:36 (Ref:2571825)   #131
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsten66 View Post
and also Portugal is a far cry from the rest of Europe ( and the fans...)

In what way?
Old 29 Oct 2009, 08:35 (Ref:2571862)   #132
Javi
Veteran

Javi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
In what way?
Hmm, Portugal has had formula 1 for years, has MotoGp..., I can not see them as a "far cry" in motorsport from the rest of europe....

And if carsten66 means algarve is quite far away from centre europe..., yes, but much less than Abu Dhabi...

Last edited by Javi; 29 Oct 2009 at 08:58.
Old 29 Oct 2009, 11:53 (Ref:2571932)   #133
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Im hoping its Brno !!!
Old 29 Oct 2009, 12:48 (Ref:2571971)   #134
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
Hmm, Portugal has had formula 1 for years, has MotoGp..., I can not see them as a "far cry" in motorsport from the rest of europe....

And if carsten66 means algarve is quite far away from centre europe..., yes, but much less than Abu Dhabi...
That why I asked. It made no sense to me.
Old 29 Oct 2009, 12:56 (Ref:2571979)   #135
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
There is a proposed LMP2 Acura programme here:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79819
Old 29 Oct 2009, 13:32 (Ref:2571992)   #136
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
In what way?
Simply to visit the track/race... look at a map of Europe, alone the distance from for example Barcelona in Spain to Portimao is about 1250 Km and thinking about France, Italy, Germany, Netherlands etc...?

Old 29 Oct 2009, 15:08 (Ref:2572043)   #137
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsten66 View Post
Simply to visit the track/race... look at a map of Europe, alone the distance from for example Barcelona in Spain to Portimao is about 1250 Km and thinking about France, Italy, Germany, Netherlands etc...?

I know where Portugal is - I'm Portuguese!

I was trying to understand what you meant.
Old 29 Oct 2009, 15:17 (Ref:2572048)   #138
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmm, seems that LMPC/FLM09 will more than likely be a full ACO class in 2011! Here

L.P.
Old 29 Oct 2009, 16:01 (Ref:2572075)   #139
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79819

JAS Motorsport plans to purchase the second Acura ARX-01B LMP2 and campaign the full LMS season in 2010. Le Mans will be added if they can find the budget.
Old 29 Oct 2009, 17:08 (Ref:2572110)   #140
fiend540
Racer

United States
East Aurora NY
fiend540 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mariantic is reporting that JLOC wants to run a lambo powered lmp car, just think they could give ECO a run for there money when it comes to being the most unprepared to race!
Old 29 Oct 2009, 20:43 (Ref:2572219)   #141
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
For Francophones or fans of bad Google translations, there is an article on the topic at Endurance-Info.
Old 30 Oct 2009, 07:18 (Ref:2572368)   #142
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With all those entries, probably ACO will be forced to split GT and LM on the lemans series. It will be impossible had 60 (or more) cars on the grid, even on Spa.

Past year the series had some traffic problems on the track ahd the 2010 looks like the problem will encrease even more. Most of the teams will stay, we´ll have some new teams and some ot them will have 2 cars instead 1

nd it will be even worst in 2011 because the P2 cars probably will be cheaper with the new rules
Old 30 Oct 2009, 07:59 (Ref:2572376)   #143
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablocomics View Post
With all those entries, probably ACO will be forced to split GT and LM on the lemans series. It will be impossible had 60 (or more) cars on the grid, even on Spa.

Past year the series had some traffic problems on the track ahd the 2010 looks like the problem will encrease even more. Most of the teams will stay, we´ll have some new teams and some ot them will have 2 cars instead 1

nd it will be even worst in 2011 because the P2 cars probably will be cheaper with the new rules
Don't worry, plenty of sponsors and funding will not turn up for next year, I'm sure. We usually get all sorts of plans such as these at the end of the season but not all are able to come to fruition.

Now what's the point of releasing a calendar with only three rounds on? Though this does give me two points of disappointment.

1. Paul Ricard - this isn't a race track, it's what the name HTTT suggests, a test track. Far worse than Barcelona. Not exactly 'for the fans'.

2. The November round is going to be one of those where the ACO decides to 'promote' the class outside Europe isn't it? Surely this is going to clash with any proposed Asian LM Series event (or have they already conceded that that won't happen next year?) and add unneccesary costs to competitors. Not exactly 'for the competitors'.

So I'm asking, in a roundabout way, what is the focus of the series?
Old 30 Oct 2009, 12:57 (Ref:2572480)   #144
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiend540 View Post
Mariantic is reporting that JLOC wants to run a lambo powered lmp car, just think they could give ECO a run for there money when it comes to being the most unprepared to race!
I'm almost hoping they get an LM entry, simply for comedy value....
The sad thing about this is, in the hands of a competent outfit, just how popular with the fans would a Lambo-engined LMP be...?

Any idea what chassis they're proposing to use?
Old 30 Oct 2009, 12:59 (Ref:2572481)   #145
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Don't worry, plenty of sponsors and funding will not turn up for next year, I'm sure. We usually get all sorts of plans such as these at the end of the season but not all are able to come to fruition.

Now what's the point of releasing a calendar with only three rounds on? Though this does give me two points of disappointment.

1. Paul Ricard - this isn't a race track, it's what the name HTTT suggests, a test track. Far worse than Barcelona. Not exactly 'for the fans'.
Of course, the P1 class looks pretty small for next transition year. No-one will purchase the 1,4 millions for the one-year-life AMR01

Also, pescarolo have problems, AMR won´t run, etc... We´ll have 2 racing sebah, 2 orecas, one signature and someone....?

But the P2 class will have more than 20 cars......
Old 30 Oct 2009, 13:29 (Ref:2572507)   #146
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
The LMS organizers have turned down full-season entries in the past instead of splitting the classes, I don't see why they wouldn't do it again.
Old 30 Oct 2009, 14:08 (Ref:2572535)   #147
fiend540
Racer

United States
East Aurora NY
fiend540 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
I'm almost hoping they get an LM entry, simply for comedy value....
The sad thing about this is, in the hands of a competent outfit, just how popular with the fans would a Lambo-engined LMP be...?

Any idea what chassis they're proposing to use?
maybe they will use the Lucchini
Old 30 Oct 2009, 15:07 (Ref:2572556)   #148
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
The November round is going to be one of those where the ACO decides to 'promote' the class outside Europe isn't it? Surely this is going to clash with any proposed Asian LM Series event (or have they already conceded that that won't happen next year?) and add unneccesary costs to competitors. Not exactly 'for the competitors'.

So I'm asking, in a roundabout way, what is the focus of the series?

I suspect it is being done this way to promote the AsLMS rather than detract from it. If they put the AsLMS round in close proximity, in both time and distance to the LMS round, it will be easier for teams to make the AsLMS round.

L.P.
Old 30 Oct 2009, 15:09 (Ref:2572558)   #149
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiend540 View Post
maybe they will use the Lucchini
Naa , Its going to be a Lavaggi/Lambo !!!
Old 30 Oct 2009, 15:33 (Ref:2572571)   #150
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Maybe it will be a joint Asian / LMS race