Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 24 Jan 2010, 14:07 (Ref:2618574)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Le Mans 2010 - Where Will You Be?

I know we've had this before in previous years, but it always interests me to find out where people are staying, camping, grandstanding and otherwise watching from. Are you all creatures of habit - as I have been (until this year!) - or do you like to ring the changes now and again? And how far are you travelling to experience the wonders of the world's greatest motor race?

And for those who don't have the good fortune to be going to Le Mans this year, how are you planning to keep up with the action?

Last edited by Aysedasi; 24 Jan 2010 at 14:12.
Old 24 Jan 2010, 14:08 (Ref:2618576)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, I'm ringing the changes, hopefully going over from the UK on either Sunday or Monday morning, depending on the final arrangements that my pal Bentley03 manages to make! To say I'm pretty excited is an understatement - I'm really looking forward to the prospect of more time in France, and particularly, more time devoted to the race and it's build-up. It looks as though we won't be staying over-night at the circuit each night, except the race night (for me) of course. I'm expecting to be back in T34 as far as grandstands are concerned. I'm really hoping it gives me more of a chance to bump into some more of you while I'm there!
Old 24 Jan 2010, 14:22 (Ref:2618583)   #3
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Increasingly we're creatures of habit. Eurotunnel crossing on Wednesday, overnight in Rouen, drive down Thursday morning, set up camp in Tertre Rouge, and a grandstand seat in T34. Usual enjoyment and then a leisurely departure on Sunday afternoon after the race and drive up to Rouen again to reacquaint ourselves with beds etc before back to blighty on Monday.

Objective this year I think might be to see if we can avoid using the peages, avoiding getting lost in Rouen is probably overambitious.
Old 24 Jan 2010, 14:39 (Ref:2618590)   #4
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
My bro and I will travelling up on the Sunday from Innsbruck , Austria , staying in the Novotel (Corvette hotel) for one night and meeting up with friends . Then first thing Monday morning its off to Houx to set up the village , again .

Tuesday is normaly spent doing the finishing touchs to the camp . fridges , mirror balls , bar-b-q etc etc , followed by a spin to Carrefour to load up with goodies .

We all know what happens on Wednesday & Thursday ..... Friday is usualy spend doing some sight seeing , 2 years ago we went to see Europes largest tank museum ...... get proper hammered and up on Saturday morning early for another trip to Carrefour for more goodies .

Samll party on Sunday evening after the race and then first thing Monday morning its time to dismantle the camp (hate that bit) . Then it will be back to the Novetel again for a decent scrub and polish .

Up again early Tuesday morn for the TGV to Paris and home to wifey and tribe ..... another good scrub and back into my pit for a decent sleep in my own bed . Next day free and work on Thursday !!!

We walk a lot of the track , especially to Tetre Rouge . Normaly spend the last 2 hours in the grandstand , not sure about this year though , as the sound sounds crap cuz of the echos off the surrounding buildings .

Cant wait !!!
Old 24 Jan 2010, 14:39 (Ref:2618591)   #5
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
I will started this Year on Thursday evening 3rd of June .The shortest Way ( through Paris ) is 650 km . The save Way (around Paris ) is 720 km .Our Location for this Year is nearly Sille - le Philippe .
T 34 Tickets are booked like the Years before . Will go on Wednesday night for a visit to Mulsanne . Maybe we can make a short Meeting on Wednesday or Thursday during the Break of the Practice ???
Old 24 Jan 2010, 16:50 (Ref:2618644)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemansfan View Post
Maybe we can make a short Meeting on Wednesday or Thursday during the Break of the Practice ???
Yep, not a bad idea......
Old 24 Jan 2010, 20:40 (Ref:2618771)   #7
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Leaving Poole on 0715 ferry from Poole to Cherbourg on Sunday 6th, camping and marshalling at Poste 106 (on the run towards Porsche Curves after Arnage corner) and returning on the 1115 sailing to Poole on Monday 14th.

Happy to see visitors at the campsite at any time other than when the track is live and therefore I am working!!!!!
Old 24 Jan 2010, 21:18 (Ref:2618788)   #8
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sadly it will be the sofa at home for me this year, for the first time since 2002.......

However I am still planing it good one. I have told the future Mrs Jones that the TV (eurosport) and Computer (Radio Le Mans) is out of bounds during Race Weekend.

As for the during the race there will be a BBQ and beer (just as normal) Oh yes and I even plan to raise a glass of vino on the Saturday morning to all my friends in Le Mans just as you lot meet under the tree in the Village.
Old 24 Jan 2010, 21:42 (Ref:2618796)   #9
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well Im doing the touristy thing for the first time this year and keeping a twenty one year old promise to my Dad and bringing him along with me. We are sailing out on the 2245 from Portsmouth to Caen on Wednesday night, arrive early hours Thursday and a leisurely drive to the Gites south of Mulsanne, and back to the circuit for quali.

Hoping for a decent seat somewhere near Wimille Tribune as its a great view up to the Dunlop Bridge and down the start finish straight, plus the added bonus of a large screen opposite to see as much action as possible.

I will be at the tree this year guys, another promise to keep but not held for as long!
Old 24 Jan 2010, 22:10 (Ref:2618805)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
This is looking good, apart from you Rob (I still can't believe it......!)
Old 25 Jan 2010, 00:55 (Ref:2618852)   #11
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sailing out on the Wednesday from Pompey for Blue Nord (I belive)

This year will be a bit of a change, my Girlfriend will be joining myself and my Dad for the first time. 9th time for me, but 1st for her means we have to do all the things that have to be done (pitwalks, drivers parade through town etc). No tribune tickets for this year either, with 3 of us its starting to look like lost beer money.

Hopefully no getting stuck at Muslanne at 3am again and having to spend 3/4 hours walking back to the main area...... That whole "adventure" lost me a 1/4 of the race last year
Old 25 Jan 2010, 10:53 (Ref:2619018)   #12
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Yes I am a creature of Habit

Out Wednesday on 7.50 Eurotunnel, travel down in convoy with two other cars, stop at Berney for Lunch and supplies, arrive at Tertre Rouge campsite late afternoon.

On saturday after the meet will go back and sit in the campsite until about 2.45 listening to RLM and eating/drinking, then walk to the Banking outside the campsite to watch the start.

New for this year is a COB BBQ (Christmas Present) so the range of cooked food should be significantly improved this year.
Old 25 Jan 2010, 11:57 (Ref:2619051)   #13
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
As always : leaving for Le Mans at tuesdaynight, arriving early morning on wednesday at campsite houx, will be watching the race from the pit grandstand ( T34 ) It seems that almost all of us will be on that grandstand so we might meet every now and then.
Don't know yet where to watch at racenight, i'll leave that open.
Old 25 Jan 2010, 18:53 (Ref:2619303)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Don't know yet where to watch at racenight, i'll leave that open.

Some of you guys must come and seek me out in T34 during the night. I'm always there for at least a couple of hours, usually around the 2-4 am mark......
Old 25 Jan 2010, 20:23 (Ref:2619350)   #15
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Some of you guys must come and seek me out in T34 during the night. I'm always there for at least a couple of hours, usually around the 2-4 am mark......
Do you stay the whole time at night on T34 or are you going to watch somewhere trackside?
Old 25 Jan 2010, 20:52 (Ref:2619365)   #16
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Where is T34 ..... sounds like an old Russian tank !!!
Old 25 Jan 2010, 21:10 (Ref:2619376)   #17
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
T34 is the grandstand above the pits Badger, never ventured in there myself but have visited one of the hospitality suites, Niiiiice!
Old 25 Jan 2010, 21:16 (Ref:2619378)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Do you stay the whole time at night on T34 or are you going to watch somewhere trackside?

In past years I've returned to the circuit around midnight after our meal. I normally watch for a while from the outside of Dunlop and then head down To Tertre Rouge before going back to T34.

This year will be different as I expect to have the whole evening free, not limited by the need to depart the circuit. I'll definitely be spending time down at Tertre Rouge, as I enjoy it on the inside of the track down there, but I also have an inkling, in the extra time I'll now have, to take a wander out to the Porsche Curves, as I've never been out there at night.
Old 25 Jan 2010, 21:17 (Ref:2619379)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9/89 View Post
T34 is the grandstand above the pits Badger, never ventured in there myself but have visited one of the hospitality suites, Niiiiice!
The overwhelming 'beauty' of T34 is the total absence of the photographer's curse - debris fencing!
Old 25 Jan 2010, 22:03 (Ref:2619412)   #20
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
The overwhelming 'beauty' of T34 is the total absence of the photographer's curse - debris fencing!
Yep, but does the new "glass" pit wall screen not get in the way or are you too high for it to make a difference?
Old 25 Jan 2010, 22:44 (Ref:2619435)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It slightly interferes before the start when the cars are in echelon formation, but I didn't notice it at all after that as none of the cars drive anywhere close enough for it to be in the way of a shot....
Old 25 Jan 2010, 23:31 (Ref:2619451)   #22
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Regards to "when", it all depends on when my exams are and if I have a driving license by then. However, I'll be staying at Blue Nord and I'll be wandering about the general enclosures.
Old 26 Jan 2010, 07:30 (Ref:2619539)   #23
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Well we are going from Newhaven first thing Wednesday morning and staying in a hotel near Rouen overnight.

We then head down to Maison Blanche to camp until after the race then head out to a hotel in Bagnoles d'lorne for sunday night and catch the return ferry Monday evening.

We have a few in T34 this year but I have decided to give the grandstands a miss on the basis that I only use it for a few hours unless it rains - which of course it wont this year

There are 26 people in my group this year
Old 26 Jan 2010, 18:32 (Ref:2619826)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post

We have a few in T34 this year but I have decided to give the grandstands a miss on the basis that I only use it for a few hours unless it rains - which of course it wont this year
Good man - that's the spirit I like to see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post

There are 26 people in my group this year
Just the small, select team then.........

With the number of people likely to be in T34, perhaps we should get someone like Bernard B to plot where everyone should be sitting - as he always seems to know where all the seats and rows are - once we know our seats, of course.....
Old 26 Jan 2010, 18:49 (Ref:2619837)   #25
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
I like T34 a lot - although last year it was rammed home how strong the sun at Le Mans can be - very much had to run for cover after the first couple of hours to avoid getting borderline heat/sun stroke.

I was also sitting next to the most corpulent photographer on the planet - although I'm not really sure that's anything that can be blamed on the ACO and their approach to grandstand construction!