Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 31 Aug 2010, 22:23 (Ref:2752938)   #51
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Silverstone are selling camping tickets on their website , does anyone know where this site is located, or is the Whittlebury one ?
Old 1 Sep 2010, 18:42 (Ref:2753312)   #52
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't think Whittlebury is actually anything to do with Silverstone is it? It's a private enterprise that happens to be next door, isn't it?
Old 1 Sep 2010, 19:00 (Ref:2753325)   #53
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I don't think Whittlebury is actually anything to do with Silverstone is it? It's a private enterprise that happens to be next door, isn't it?
Correct Ayse, I am really looking forward to Silverstone next Friday, I am still gutted to be missing the race
Old 1 Sep 2010, 20:20 (Ref:2753362)   #54
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok guys thanks for the replies, I think we will go for Whittlebury due to past experience.

Let's hope the weather is something like it has been for the past couple of days .
Old 1 Sep 2010, 20:42 (Ref:2753369)   #55
mackteck
Rookie

Ireland
co.meath
mackteck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
we had intended to camp on Saturday night, but decided that since we'll be arriving late - putting up a tent in the dark might be tough - so we booked a hotel in Milton Keynes......
Anyway - what is the expected turnout for the race - is there much going on around the track/village over the weekend?
we Normally just go to LM or Sebring so Silverstone might be a bit quieter i guess?
Old 2 Sep 2010, 14:56 (Ref:2753658)   #56
Yakuncha
Racer

Ireland
Dublin,Ireland
Yakuncha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackteck View Post
Leinster Trophy?
Yeah, money talks sadly
Old 2 Sep 2010, 19:20 (Ref:2753777)   #57
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there Sunday, maybe Friday too.

And Lola on Wednesday. Anyone else?
Old 2 Sep 2010, 19:40 (Ref:2753783)   #58
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackteck View Post
.Anyway - what is the expected turnout for the race - is there much going on around the track/village over the weekend?
we Normally just go to LM or Sebring so Silverstone might be a bit quieter i guess?
There's usually a few thousand there for the race (it was packed 2 years ago as Peugot gave away thousands of tickets to employees) but as Silverstone is so vast it never feels busy. There's usually a few trade stands & displays behind the Woodcote grandstands plus some catering & bars but nothing special. The campsites have a good atmosphere, especially Whittlebury who sometimes have live music on the Saturday. Apart from that, it's pretty quiet.

Make sure you take little radios so you can tune into the commentary as the PA system doesn't stretch as far as the bottom of the circuit!
Old 2 Sep 2010, 23:53 (Ref:2753883)   #59
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Seeing as there's a fair few going, may one suggest a meeting?
I can only be there Friday, so dibs on that one.
Abbey Outside, 12.00? Should be OK, whichever layout they use...
I'll have l'endurance Black/yellow tee shirt on. If cold, grey white hoody, with l'endurance logo. And LM 09 and TIM on the back!
Probably no Media Vest. But then, I work better without!
Old 3 Sep 2010, 00:01 (Ref:2753886)   #60
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osella View Post

I desperately wanted to go, but Mrs Bentley03 and I have an early dinner engagement in Oxford that evening. A 4pm finish won't give me time to get home from Huntingdon to pick up 'she who must be obeyed' and get to Oxford in time. Gutted!
Old 3 Sep 2010, 07:36 (Ref:2753951)   #61
Tom87
Racer

England
Tom87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'll be there Sunday, maybe Friday too.

What's happening with Lola on Wednesday?
Old 3 Sep 2010, 07:39 (Ref:2753952)   #62
Tom87
Racer

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles lives! View Post
Let's hope the weather is something like it has been for the past couple of days .
Your all going to hate me for this, but I would quite like a mixed weather day, the start of the FIA GT race in 2006 was very spectacular due to the rain and it will make for a great Peugeot/Audi battle (thinking back to Spa).

Besides, since my first Rally GB experience last year I have become immune to the cold and rain (...and mud.. and gravel)!
Old 3 Sep 2010, 08:08 (Ref:2753957)   #63
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom87 View Post
What's happening with Lola on Wednesday?
Silverstone 1000kms/Le Mans Series Media and Open day.

And I have to agree with Tom87 - - mixed (not torrential) weather and sportscars is fine with me...
Old 3 Sep 2010, 08:14 (Ref:2753958)   #64
Tom87
Racer

England
Quote:
Silverstone 1000kms/Le Mans Series Media and Open day.

And I have to agree with Tom87 - - mixed (not torrential) weather and sportscars is fine with me...
Thanks, are we expecting any important announcements?
Old 13 Sep 2010, 15:46 (Ref:2758790)   #65
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Really enjoyed my weekend at Silverstone, with an excellent curry in between Saturday and Sunday! Thanks in particular to James and Tony for their company all weekend and good to see Ian on Saturday evening and Sunday.
Old 13 Sep 2010, 16:27 (Ref:2758817)   #66
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Yes I had a great day yesterday I went in a small group with 8 of us mainly Le Mans regulars plus my 2 kids.

Traffic coming south on the M40 was a bit of a nightmare so I was in trouble for getting the kids home late.... C'est la vie!