Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 2 Apr 2014, 00:28 (Ref:3387639)   #3926
porman
Veteran

porman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well... I guess some of us that have committed to COTA can breathe a bit easier now. I just checked the track's site and they have it on the schedule and on the day as outlined by the WEC itself.

I'd love to meet-up with some of you guys if you plan to be in attendance. If there are any locals I would love to get some advice on places to eat etc.

Old 2 Apr 2014, 04:25 (Ref:3387680)   #3927
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
Bahrain is the best track in the middle east, however that is like being the tallest dwarf. It's a dull track in the end, the layout goes triple hairpin, hairpin, sweeping interesting curves, hairpin, hairpin, 90 degree turn, sweeping interesting curve, 90 degree turn, long straight, 90 degree turn, long straight.

A second race in America could be at Road America, or Watkins Glenn, or Montreal, I challenge people to say those are not as good as Bahrain.
I think its pretty interesting. The thing track maps and camera shots dont show much is the elevation change.

Particularly the turns of 9-10. This is nearly flat out through 9 with a downhill braking point into 10. One of my favorite turns the f1 circus has.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 05:09 (Ref:3387685)   #3928
EricS
Racer

United States
Austin, TX
EricS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just got a survey from CotA regarding marketing for the WEC/TUSC event. Was asked opinion on the following:

Quote:
The Circuit of The Americas is considering a new concept for an event. Please read the concept below and answer the following questions.

“Racing, music, festival, and fireworks!

Have a blast with your family and friends at America’s epic new celebration of music and motorsports. The world’s most famous sportscar race, the 24 Hours of Le Mans, brings it's legendary excitement to Circuit of The Americas and the Lone Star State - where we do everything bigger and better!

You can revel in the all day and night Sportscar racing event, featuring exotic, state-of-the-art prototypes, plus super-sexy sportscars, like Porsches, Ferraris and Audis, that Americans love to own and race.

The non-stop on-track excitement fuses perfectly with the non-stop music jam in the Austin360 Amphitheater, showcasing the very best bands from the “Live Music Capital of the World.” Need even more? Enjoy carnival games and rides, interactive displays, fantastic food and fireworks —fun for fans of all ages.

Grab your family and friends and experience the spirit of Le Mans--Lone Star style--at America’s newest and best destination for world-class sports and entertainment—Circuit of The Americas! Weekend passes (Friday/Saturday) start as low as $79 and kids 12 and under are FREE.”
Sample question:
Quote:
Please rate the appeal of each of the proposed event names listed on a scale of 1 – 10.
  • Music and Motorsports
  • Lone Star Le Mans
  • International Sports Car Festival
  • Rock n’ Roll Racing
  • Circuit of The Americas Rock n’ Roll Racing
  • Circuit of The Americas’ Sports Car Festival
Old 2 Apr 2014, 05:28 (Ref:3387689)   #3929
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tomas Enge didn't forget how to drive. What are the chances we see him in an Aston this year?
Old 2 Apr 2014, 07:43 (Ref:3387717)   #3930
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
Was the belgian audi club thing an April fools?
That they were going to run a privateer Audi R18? I'm going to go out on a limb and say it was an April fool.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 08:36 (Ref:3387740)   #3931
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Was the belgian audi club thing an April fools?

Got a link?
Old 2 Apr 2014, 09:03 (Ref:3387753)   #3932
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Got a link?
http://www.motorsport.com/#!/wec/new...-tron-quattro/

Definately an April Fools .....
Old 2 Apr 2014, 09:47 (Ref:3387777)   #3933
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Belgian Audi Club Team WRT team boss is thrilled by this program: "The Audi R18 e-tron quattro may look like a big fish, but it is an amazing piece of engineering. We're proud of this program".
Reference to a fish pretty clearly a nod to "Poisson d'Avril", the French way of referring to an April Fool.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 11:27 (Ref:3387802)   #3934
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC2guy View Post

Thanks.

That's kinda believable in a way. It's a big jump from GT to LMP with a hybrid diesel but with a team as good as WRT its not something I'd dismiss easily.

Any other sportscar April Fools?
Old 2 Apr 2014, 11:59 (Ref:3387815)   #3935
porman
Veteran

porman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricS View Post
I just got a survey from CotA regarding marketing for the WEC/TUSC event. Was asked opinion on the following:

Sample question:

Interesting. Am I correct in assuming that the activities are for 2015?

Not such a bad idea to make it resemble a sort of mini Le Mans in an attempt to broaden the races appeal.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 12:01 (Ref:3387816)   #3936
porman
Veteran

Quote:
Thanks.

That's kinda believable in a way. It's a big jump from GT to LMP with a hybrid diesel but with a team as good as WRT its not something I'd dismiss easily.

Any other sportscar April Fools?

The rumor mill was buzzing in that you had become a Porsche convert.
Old 3 Apr 2014, 06:09 (Ref:3388147)   #3937
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by porman View Post
The rumor mill was buzzing in that you had become a Porsche convert.

That's definitely April 1. No truth to that

I am gunning for Porsche to win in P1 mainly because of Webber but if there were Ferrari in P1 then the status quo would resume
Old 3 Apr 2014, 11:29 (Ref:3388235)   #3938
porman
Veteran

Quote:
That's definitely April 1. No truth to that

I am gunning for Porsche to win in P1 mainly because of Webber but if there were Ferrari in P1 then the status quo would resume
Come on Rich, we all know that you're a closet Porsche man. Webber was one of, if not my favorite driver in F1 and now he pilots a Porsche.

You do know that he loves the marque right? I wonder why?

Did you ever get the book of the car maker whom we shall not speak of?
Old 3 Apr 2014, 19:05 (Ref:3388390)   #3939
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In addition to their ELMS full-season entry, Labre Competition will also run in WEC with their Morgan, starting at Austin.

http://www.endurance-info.com/en/lar...p2-programmes/
Old 3 Apr 2014, 19:28 (Ref:3388404)   #3940
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Once again, Jacques Nicolet proving to be one of the nicest people in the paddock.
Old 3 Apr 2014, 21:35 (Ref:3388459)   #3941
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricS View Post

Sample question:
I actually like Lone Star Le Mans, has a funny sort of appeal.
Old 4 Apr 2014, 04:22 (Ref:3388519)   #3942
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by porman View Post
Come on Rich, we all know that you're a closet Porsche man. Webber was one of, if not my favorite driver in F1 and now he pilots a Porsche.

You do know that he loves the marque right? I wonder why?

Did you ever get the book of the car maker whom we shall not speak of?
I've always had an affinity for Porsches prototypes, no apologies for that. Still looking for volumes 1 and 2 of the GT1 series. Wish I had the money ha
Old 4 Apr 2014, 04:40 (Ref:3388523)   #3943
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I really like the narrower front tire rule change. When i compare last years to this years Audi's it makes a world of difference.
Old 4 Apr 2014, 06:56 (Ref:3388550)   #3944
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I really like the narrower front tire rule change. When i compare last years to this years Audi's it makes a world of difference.
You think so? Imo, the relative sizes are near the same. I think it may be the shape of the front that looks different to me. The black near the fender holes help too.