Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 20 Jun 2011, 13:38 (Ref:2902389)   #51
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom908V12 View Post
Strange to test with an opened car instead of a coupé though
It was misunderstanding.
Old 20 Jun 2011, 19:05 (Ref:2902517)   #52
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A bit of a strange article from Autoweek today.

They say with no speculation:

Quote:
Alongside Toyota's new gasoline-electric hybrid LMP1 racing sports-car prototype project--which is being undertaken in association with chassis maker Dome in Japan--Toyota Motorsport in Germany is developing an all-new “customer” Le Mans GT racer based on the Lexus LFA supercar with which to take on Ferrari, Porsche and the other incumbents.
Old 20 Jun 2011, 19:16 (Ref:2902523)   #53
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Autosport article was the same, the LFA was tested at Valencia.
Old 20 Jun 2011, 19:34 (Ref:2902531)   #54
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
That's awesome news! As a big Toyota fan, seeing the LFA in GTE is a big deal to me. This story makes me wonder if Toyota plan on entering P1 as Lexus? Any photos of these tested cars?
Old 20 Jun 2011, 19:58 (Ref:2902545)   #55
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
That's awesome news! As a big Toyota fan, seeing the LFA in GTE is a big deal to me. This story makes me wonder if Toyota plan on entering P1 as Lexus? Any photos of these tested cars?
Please, please photos
Old 20 Jun 2011, 20:59 (Ref:2902570)   #56
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Let's cool down until we actually hear news from a credible source. Hasn't Autoweek reported this before?
Old 20 Jun 2011, 22:56 (Ref:2902624)   #57
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Autoweek article is the same as Autosport.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20110617/ALMS/110619866
Old 21 Jun 2011, 03:07 (Ref:2902662)   #58
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
So its just one repeating the news of another.

Id like to get excited but until I see pics or hear from a credible source im going to take this with a grain of salt. A LFA GT-E car would be very nice though.
Old 21 Jun 2011, 05:42 (Ref:2902689)   #59
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Lexus/Toyota has said for a while now that their facilities in Cologne would be put to use for 'special Lexus vehicles'. What special Lexus vehicle do you think they're talking about? Obviously it's the LFA. And the Nurburgring isn't the only place the LFA will ever race that's for certain. SuperGT is probable, so LeMans isn't out the question either.
Old 21 Jun 2011, 06:53 (Ref:2902698)   #60
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
So its just one repeating the news of another.
I would presume this is not new news to those in the know, rather unconfirmed rumour.

The fact that it is now news, leads one to think the story has been 'released' to test the water for some reason.

After the earthquake and recession Japan does need to boost the countries moral, maybe this and the other stories of new Japanese interest in sport cars racing will bear fruit.
Old 21 Jun 2011, 07:28 (Ref:2902707)   #61
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
I would presume this is not new news to those in the know, rather unconfirmed rumour.
True, but as yet there is still no 'official' green light. What Mr Watkins has done with this article is qualify the various Toyota rumours that have emerged over the last few years, each now falls into place. The real surprise (although for a considerable length of time it was considered the worst kept secret in the paddock) was the customer engine programme (Rebellion).
Old 21 Jun 2011, 07:37 (Ref:2902713)   #62
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Lexus/Toyota has said for a while now that their facilities in Cologne would be put to use for 'special Lexus vehicles'. What special Lexus vehicle do you think they're talking about? Obviously it's the LFA. And the Nurburgring isn't the only place the LFA will ever race that's for certain. SuperGT is probable, so LeMans isn't out the question either.
A SuperGT LFA, would be build in Japan, where all their other SuperGT cars are made.

Cologne will only be used for a Europe program, ei. GTE, WRC, IRC, WTCC and of course Le Mans program.
Old 21 Jun 2011, 07:43 (Ref:2902715)   #63
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
True, but as yet there is still no 'official' green light. What Mr Watkins has done with this article is qualify the various Toyota rumours that have emerged over the last few years, each now falls into place. The real surprise (although for a considerable length of time it was considered the worst kept secret in the paddock) was the customer engine programme (Rebellion).
yeah that was a surprise. But it's most likely a wake up call to the ACO. To get the balance of performance correct in 2011 or else Toyota would drop their 2010 program.

Im sure Toyota has talked to the ACO and told the ACO, "Look we'll prove our interest in series by giving engines but you gotta make the BoP right before we come back.

I think the worst part of racing is that someone has to lose....You don;t convince the board of directors to dish out mulitmillions when you lost Lemans. Hopefully the marketing will balance out the cost of the program. That''l keep most manufacturers in.

Look at what Red Bull does in F1. They dish out a ton of money but get even more back from the marketing aspect.

But i'm 100% sure that somewhere in that Toyota Motorsports Facility is a drawing of an new LMP1. Or a flash drive with a computer model. These are easy to make. But it's only a drawing/model. No cash has been spent yet.
Old 21 Jun 2011, 07:44 (Ref:2902716)   #64
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
A SuperGT LFA, would be build in Japan, where all their other SuperGT cars are made.

Cologne will only be used for a Europe program, ei. GTE, WRC, IRC, WTCC and of course Le Mans program.
SuperGT cars are based in Japan, true. But the LFA is already built there. TMG in Europe can handle the LFA in LeMans and series of the like- see Nurburgring. Toyota Japan- TRD perhaps could handle LFA in SuperGT. I was merely stating that they already use the LFA for racing in Europe, and for the future they will use it as well. Regardless of series. Not stating the TMG are going to make a SuperGT LFA. Although if the DTM/SuperGT merging does happen, it's not out of the realm of possibility.
Old 21 Jun 2011, 07:46 (Ref:2902718)   #65
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
SuperGT cars are based in Japan, true. But the LFA is already built there. TMG in Europe can handle the LFA in LeMans and series of the like- see Nurburgring. Toyota Japan- TRD perhaps could handle LFA in SuperGT.
Yeah. TRD is involved in the Super GT program already i believe.
Old 21 Jun 2011, 11:04 (Ref:2902796)   #66
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Yes, TRD(Toyota Technocraft Co.,LTD.) developed and manufactured JAF-GT500 SC430.
TRD owns the autoclave, and is manufactureing the CFRP monocoque of SC430 by itself.
It develops the SGT engine, and does the tuning and maintenance, too.
Old 21 Jun 2011, 13:37 (Ref:2902887)   #67
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
True, but as yet there is still no 'official' green light.
That is why I thought the Autoweek article was interesting, they made it sound like they were stating a fact. But I would think Toyota would want to be the ones making some sort of an official announcement.
Old 21 Jun 2011, 17:40 (Ref:2902988)   #68
TF110
Veteran

United States
Didn't look like anything official announcement wise, but hey we heard about Rebellion before it was announced. If this is gaining this much interest already, I'd say all the better.
Old 21 Jun 2011, 19:06 (Ref:2903044)   #69
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
We have been this sure before.
I remember up to a Toyota Motorsport announcement, we were several people who thought this would be the announcement, as there was a LMP silhouette on their website.
We thought wrong.
Old 21 Jun 2011, 19:24 (Ref:2903053)   #70
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
We have been this sure before.
I remember up to a Toyota Motorsport announcement, we were several people who thought this would be the announcement, as there was a LMP silhouette on their website.
We thought wrong.
As far as I remember, it wasn't a LMP silhouette but some other type of (show?) race car. It was confirmed when pictures of the real car surfaced.
Old 21 Jun 2011, 19:35 (Ref:2903063)   #71
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
As far as I remember, it wasn't a LMP silhouette but some other type of (show?) race car. It was confirmed when pictures of the real car surfaced.
Yes, but we all believed it was the LMP car .
Old 21 Jun 2011, 19:45 (Ref:2903071)   #72
JAG
Veteran

England
Today's Toyota activity is like VW and the WRC, many hints, staff recruitment, testing, but everyone waiting for an official announcement.

The ORECA-Nissan leak was a bigger suprise for me, seeing as the P2 program is only a few races old.
Old 18 Jul 2011, 05:14 (Ref:2927927)   #73
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Woah! Where did that come from? Thats not the LFA campaigned at the Ring by Gazoo so GT-E/GT3?
Old 18 Jul 2011, 05:16 (Ref:2927928)   #74
TF110
Veteran

United States
GTE. Has to be. Probably the mule that was testing in the autosport story.
Old 18 Jul 2011, 05:19 (Ref:2927929)   #75
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Your photo MatadorRacing?

Well a GT mule exists so thats a start. I mean what else would it be, too simple for SGT and too much for a trackday version.