Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

View Poll Results: Pick the champions!
Audi Sport Team Joest 79 50.32%
Toyota Racing 42 26.75%
Porsche 31 19.75%
Rebellion Racing 2 1.27%
OAK Racing 1 0.64%
The other guys... 2 1.27%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17 Dec 2013, 17:42 (Ref:3345093)   #26
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sad for you, but let's hope Allan always enjoys his life. Is the Porsche P1 line up confirmed?
And I think Audi #3 di Grassi, Marc Gene and Jarvis is pretty much confirmed as is the case this year?
Old 17 Dec 2013, 17:44 (Ref:3345095)   #27
kober
Racer

kober should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoestForEver View Post
Is the Porsche P1 line up confirmed?
Neither Porsche nor Audi line-ups are.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 21 Dec 2013 at 07:14.
Old 17 Dec 2013, 18:32 (Ref:3345105)   #28
LeManske
Rookie

Belgium
LeManske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
no, why? Always thought him to be one of the best drivers out there, shame really
Old 17 Dec 2013, 18:45 (Ref:3345111)   #29
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Strong list Beetle. No complaints with any of that. A few of the driver line-ups will shake themselves out before Silverstone and hopefully soon we can add some more teams.
I'm trying to avoid compulsive posting and entry speculation on this one, unlike the 2013 Le Mans thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
I've been wondering about Larbre also. Hope they return with the Corvette so we can have some American muscle in
the GT classes. Not hopeful of seeing a viper though.
Probably not much of a chance of seeing a Viper -- they did mention expanding internationally, but only with the SRT Viper GT3, not the GTS-R. I think we'll have to wait until the GTE/GT3 merger is put in place to see a Viper in the WEC, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
WHAAAAAAAT?

Allan McNish retires from racing

Audi Sport did tweet about "some important news to come", never in a million years would I have expected this.

EDIT: It's big enough news to warrant its own thread I suspect. http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140294
That's massive news... really sad, he was a world-class addition to the WEC. I'll miss his presence in racing greatly.

On the bright side, I hope he enjoys his retirement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNo1F1Fan View Post
REQUESTS:
- Prospeed Competition drivers should be the same drivers fom last year.
- Super GT driver Naoki Yamamoto should partner with Makowiecki, and the third driver might be Dumas, Pilet or any other driver.
- Any Japansese driver should be confirmed for the second Strakka Racing number.
- Kobayashi should stay in the WEC.
For anything GTE, it can't be Dumas... he's signed full time with the Porsche 919 Hybrid LMP1. Unless he pulls a Scott Tucker and drives two cars over the course of one race... not sure what the rules about that are. Nevertheless, I'm sure they can find an adequate replacement for a 3rd driver.

Sorry, I won't accept those "requests", unless you can provide some direct sources. Otherwise, it's just educated guessing. I agree, though - I think we should see a few Japanese drivers with Strakka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kober View Post
Neither Porsche or Audi line-ups are.
No, they aren't -- the only reason I put them on the OP was because all of the drivers were confirmed. Plus it was on Wikipedia... THANKS A LOT FstrthnU!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoestForEver View Post
Sad for you, but let's hope Allan always enjoys his life. Is the Porsche P1 line up confirmed?
And I think Audi #3 di Grassi, Marc Gene and Jarvis is pretty much confirmed as is the case this year?
Not for full-season... perhaps for Spa and Le Mans but not for the other six. The only way I can see it happening is if the tests don't go well and they feel disadvantaged for 2014.
Old 17 Dec 2013, 20:00 (Ref:3345133)   #30
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

In addition to what is on the front page, I think we can expect Corvette Racing and SRT Motorsports to return to Le Mans next year even without announcements yet.

Craft Racing has also announced that they will enter GTE-Am with a Vantage GTE rented from Aston Martin Racing.

Patrick Dempsey will also be in some sort of Porsche next year, be it his own or one of the European teams.
Old 17 Dec 2013, 22:32 (Ref:3345191)   #31
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I suspect and hope that Toyota will be the ones to beat on 2014. They were clearly caught napping in 2013, but with limited resources closed the gap and ended the year the fastest.

Also if Toyota are in the mix then there is no chance of any team games between Audi and Porsche.
Old 17 Dec 2013, 22:48 (Ref:3345194)   #32
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
I think the reason Toyota caught up with Audi is that Audi already knew they had it in the bag, and started shifting their resources more towards the development of next year's car, as they have done before. Last year for example! Remember how much better they were in the beginning of this year, while Toyota ruled at the ending of last year?
Old 17 Dec 2013, 23:23 (Ref:3345210)   #33
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Have to agree with Vince.

I think Toyota will have the car to beat... by the end of 2014.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 02:05 (Ref:3345258)   #34
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
TMG's goal is to win Le Mans, they can't afford to play catchup every season or else they will never get there.

With Porsche now being there too they can't even hope for a freak year a la Peugeot in 2010 to happen to Audi. In oder to win it now, you have to have the outright speed when June comes around.

I don't doubt that TMG learned from this season, the question is will they get the budget to make it happen. They're clearly starting with a disadvantage once again, having by far the smallest amount of time to get their new car ready.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 02:07 (Ref:3345259)   #35
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
I think the reason Toyota caught up with Audi is that Audi already knew they had it in the bag, and started shifting their resources more towards the development of next year's car, as they have done before. Last year for example! Remember how much better they were in the beginning of this year, while Toyota ruled at the ending of last year?
This all may be true, but Toyota personnel were clearly thinking along those same lines. They scratched the #7 for Interlagos and CoTA to focus on development for the new car. Also, I don't think Toyota won just because Audi decided to turn down the wick when they wrapped up the championship in Shanghai. They were running a bit slower at Shanghai in 2012 than in 2013 -- and it's the same exact configuration, same car, same drivers. Perhaps Toyota simply beats Audi at the Tilkedromes?
Old 18 Dec 2013, 07:35 (Ref:3345324)   #36
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Toyota caught them because they ran a new package and the tracks favored their hybrid. Audi has the hp in the bag, theres nothing to go over about it. You cant just burn more fuel and go faster like Audi did in the Toyota. But they actually went faster and further on a stint over 2012. Not much you can do about the diesel when the rules are already written but ask for help, which was given. This is whats exciting about next year. As far as the car, its been in the works since the rules were written. They aren't missing much when most of the r&d can be done in cologne.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 08:43 (Ref:3345337)   #37
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
This all may be true, but Toyota personnel were clearly thinking along those same lines. They scratched the #7 for Interlagos and CoTA to focus on development for the new car.
But the reason for scratching was budget... and despite shifting focus on 2014 like Audi, because of the budget, they're still like inherently disadvantaged.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 09:26 (Ref:3345354)   #38
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Since McNish's retirement, the third driver seat for the #1 Audi is open. Who's gonna be the third driver for the team?

It's really hard to say which driver should join the team IMO...
Old 18 Dec 2013, 09:29 (Ref:3345358)   #39
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
For anything GTE, it can't be Dumas... he's signed full time with the Porsche 919 Hybrid LMP1. Unless he pulls a Scott Tucker and drives two cars over the course of one race... not sure what the rules about that are. Nevertheless, I'm sure they can find an adequate replacement for a 3rd driver.

Sorry, I won't accept those "requests", unless you can provide some direct sources. Otherwise, it's just educated guessing. I agree, though - I think we should see a few Japanese drivers with Strakka.
1. Didn't realised that Romain Dumas will be in LMP1 Pnsche, sorry. He was always a GTE-Pro driver for the Porshe team.
2. Anything about Scott Tucker?
3. SUPREME IGNORABILITY IMO! I have absolutely NO IDEA if there's other news for the teams.
4. Collard, Perrodo and Crubilé should stay in the Prospeed team, then let's find out.
5. That's okay with Strakka.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 10:44 (Ref:3345391)   #40
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
I saw one too, just don't have the link right now. Said they were keeping Fisi and the other drivers but may change their lineups
It sounds like the same article I saw too.

Plus with Porsche confirming they're are staying in GT PRO with a factory team, I believe Ferrari would want AF Corse to stay and defend its honor.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 12:14 (Ref:3345429)   #41
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNo1F1Fan View Post
1. Didn't realised that Romain Dumas will be in LMP1 Pnsche, sorry. He was always a GTE-Pro driver for the Porshe team.
2. Anything about Scott Tucker?
3. SUPREME IGNORABILITY IMO! I have absolutely NO IDEA if there's other news for the teams.
4. Collard, Perrodo and Crubilé should stay in the Prospeed team, then let's find out.
5. That's okay with Strakka.
P.S.: no offense
Old 18 Dec 2013, 15:51 (Ref:3345512)   #42
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
I saw one too, just don't have the link right now. Said they were keeping Fisi and the other drivers but may change their lineups
See second part: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111742
Old 18 Dec 2013, 18:14 (Ref:3345565)   #43
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
http://sportscar365.com/wec/larbre-a...-c7-r-in-2014/

Larbre aiming to run a NEW C7.R in WEC GTE-AM? A new car in AM? So much for the rules.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 18:17 (Ref:3345567)   #44
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
“Complications regarding the homologation of Corvette’s new C7.R mean we can’t yet confirm our 2014 plans, but we will go back to the team’s roots in order to create new challenges which we’ll announce as early as January,” team principal Jack Leconte said in a statement.
Maybe a Viper IF the ACO doesn´t honor their request?
Old 18 Dec 2013, 18:29 (Ref:3345576)   #45
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More than larbre request, I think that is GM who is lobbying ACO to allow the new C7R to take part at WEC in gt-am class. It would be a good move to promote the car in europe, south america and asia.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 18:39 (Ref:3345581)   #46
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
It would violate one of the key rules of GT-AM though. As much as I like Labre, the ACO can't really allow it.

They can always choose to race in GT-Pro.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 18:39 (Ref:3345582)   #47
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
I agree that it would be a good move for GM to promote the car in Europe, but if that is their desire, run it in the PRO category with the rest of the PRO cars.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 18:48 (Ref:3345585)   #48
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
I agree that it would be a good move for GM to promote the car in Europe, but if that is their desire, run it in the PRO category with the rest of the PRO cars.
Too risky, without PM assistance and GM drivers, team larbre has 0% chances to be competitive against AMR, ferrari and porsche official teams. Corvette will finish last also in the GT manufacturers cup, not the best way to promote a car.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 19:04 (Ref:3345589)   #49
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
It would violate one of the key rules of GT-AM though. As much as I like Labre, the ACO can't really allow it.
So does the 2014 Porsche 911 RSR. That car is allowed in GTE-Pro and GTE-Am. Just because it did 1 race in 2014 configuration, but it is still a new for 2014 design in my eyes.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 19:29 (Ref:3345604)   #50
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon_titanium View Post
Too risky, without PM assistance and GM drivers, team larbre has 0% chances to be competitive against AMR, ferrari and porsche official teams. Corvette will finish last also in the GT manufacturers cup, not the best way to promote a car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenigsegg View Post
So does the 2014 Porsche 911 RSR. That car is allowed in GTE-Pro and GTE-Am. Just because it did 1 race in 2014 configuration, but it is still a new for 2014 design in my eyes.
My vote is get rid of the year old car rule. If the rule was put in place to keep costs down, the ACO shouldn't have allowed teams to buy new cars and convert back to an older spec - that is a waste. They have also allowed updates to cars (Astons) in the class for various reasons, so just simplify things by allowing new machinery.