Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

View Poll Results: Which track will be added to the 2016 WEC calendar?
Montreal 10 16.13%
Mexico City 9 14.52%
Monza 23 37.10%
Interlagos 14 22.58%
Other, .... [please name] 6 9.68%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20 Aug 2015, 18:14 (Ref:3567298)   #51
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post

ahhhgg, please don't post this again, my eyes cant take it.....
Old 20 Aug 2015, 18:42 (Ref:3567305)   #52
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah I knew I should've cropped the cars out of the beautiful scenery

Though I do think that DPG1 was slightly less uglier than G2
Old 20 Aug 2015, 19:31 (Ref:3567320)   #53
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
I would love to see Silverstone, COTA and Bahrain replaced with Monza, Montreal and Interlagos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Voted Mexico City myself, fits in nicely with CotA combo, maybe 2 or 3 weeks prior to Lone Star Le Mans. It'll be a hot one..!
I also wish for Phillip Island. BUt it's unrealistic, I know.
Old 20 Aug 2015, 19:39 (Ref:3567323)   #54
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Replace word unrealistic with impossible
Old 20 Aug 2015, 19:52 (Ref:3567326)   #55
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
most of the private teams are european, and however all are based in europe; if there will be added extra rounds, there should be added at least one other in europe and another one that won't require an extra ship/travel.
It woul be great a race in monza in mid july after le mans and/or a final season double dash in middle east like bahrein/abu dhabi 3 weeks later, it won't be bad also a japanese back to back with suzuka and fuji (very unlikely not being honda involved in WEC).

mid april silverstone
early may spa
mid june le mans
mid july monza (somewhere else however in europe)
late august nurburgring
mid/late september COTA
mid october fuji
late october shangai
mid november bahrein
late november abu dhabi
Old 20 Aug 2015, 20:00 (Ref:3567330)   #56
Deleted
Veteran

Twin Middle Eastern finale would surely be... very... popular...
Old 20 Aug 2015, 20:03 (Ref:3567331)   #57
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just another f1 style copycat exercise
Old 20 Aug 2015, 20:09 (Ref:3567335)   #58
Deleted
Veteran

Well the two circuits (or rather the Crown Princes) could compete on who hands more cash to the ACO to host the season finale, and which has more cardboard cutouts to fill the stands faster, that sort of competition would be about as exciting as watching F1.
Old 20 Aug 2015, 21:41 (Ref:3567352)   #59
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon_titanium View Post
most of the private teams are european, and however all are based in europe; if there will be added extra rounds, there should be added at least one other in europe and another one that won't require an extra ship/travel.
There are 5 more races in Europe in the ELMS, let privateers join one or more of those.

The factories will probably like your 'twin Middle East finale' idea however.
Old 21 Aug 2015, 03:41 (Ref:3567398)   #60
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
It was still promo by someone who wanted people to come (French to British place of all things), I haven't seen anyone handing free tickets for 6 hours of Bahrain finale to boost the 4000 camel attendance
Do you really have to add stuff like this? Bahrain isnt in Europe or America, so of course attendance will be lower! The fact that even 4k people showed up is amazing considering only 1.3 million people live in the country. Compared to Shanghai attendance of 45,000 from China's 1.3 billion thats a good ratio. Especially so considering the humanitarian issues both countries have.
Old 21 Aug 2015, 03:49 (Ref:3567402)   #61
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
You need to check your facts, 2008 was arguably the strongest season the ELMS ever had with Audi & Peugeot going head to head all season long.

And you need to understand the point I'm making.....

Even if the racing was good from an anoraks perspective, there was little other draw to the circuit or racing. The Peugeot/Audi years kicked off everything, and built the momentum for what we have now...

Without those fights, without any of that, we'd likely not be where we are now.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 21 Aug 2015, 05:39 (Ref:3567419)   #62
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Because getting what you want always come with strings attached I suggest Miller Motorsport Park. At least ACO will meet halfway America and China.
Old 21 Aug 2015, 08:18 (Ref:3567443)   #63
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Do you really have to add stuff like this? Bahrain isnt in Europe or America, so of course attendance will be lower! The fact that even 4k people showed up is amazing considering only 1.3 million people live in the country. Compared to Shanghai attendance of 45,000 from China's 1.3 billion thats a good ratio. Especially so considering the humanitarian issues both countries have.
Umm okay.

And as for 4000 being 'amazing', the round presents the entire Middle East, not just the island. And even if it didn't, 4000 is still nothing, making comparisons to countrys total population is pointless

The last sentence I don't even know why it is there
Old 21 Aug 2015, 09:05 (Ref:3567451)   #64
carbon_titanium
Veteran

attendance isn't a issue to me... during interlagos races, stands were basically empty and none cared about...
Old 21 Aug 2015, 10:59 (Ref:3567464)   #65
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Wishful answer: Montreal.

Realistic answer: Interlagos.

Was thinking the same thing!
Old 21 Aug 2015, 11:08 (Ref:3567467)   #66
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The question is why they dropped it in the first place after the solo ILMC showup. Looks quite good today after F1's decade long absence.

But it's surely just gonna be Monza with the first chicane irritating the Germans, and asphaltpolica blinding everyones eyes in the sunshine.
I was at that race - it was fantastic. Spoke with Mr LeMans (TK) in the paddock and asked him about the circuit. He said he wasn't a fan - too narrow. But I believe there was not one full course caution during the race! With a small grid of 32 cars it should not be a problem.

I too would move Silverstone to after Le Mans in the summer. I would think it could become a real event with lots of camping over the race week. I would start the season in Bahrain - just because of the weather.
Old 21 Aug 2015, 12:09 (Ref:3567470)   #67
Deleted
Veteran

Imola too narrow? Interesting comment.

But then again that was the year of 50 car grids and Audis crashing into Ferraris (and not only at LM)
Old 21 Aug 2015, 12:38 (Ref:3567476)   #68
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Imola too narrow? Interesting comment.

But then again that was the year of 50 car grids and Audis crashing into Ferraris (and not only at LM)
Well the problem with Imola is that pretty much every single corner only has one racing line, you can not go 2 wide anywhere and therefore from a drivers perspective its a very narrow track.
Old 21 Aug 2015, 13:37 (Ref:3567489)   #69
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake dust View Post
I was at that race - it was fantastic. Spoke with Mr LeMans (TK) in the paddock and asked him about the circuit. He said he wasn't a fan - too narrow. But I believe there was not one full course caution during the race! With a small grid of 32 cars it should not be a problem.

I too would move Silverstone to after Le Mans in the summer. I would think it could become a real event with lots of camping over the race week. I would start the season in Bahrain - just because of the weather.
We must have missed each other then.

Yes, you are correct, no caution for the full 6 hours with only 50 cars or so on track, I do remember Kristensen being run wide thru the Tamburello dirt by one of the Pugs (I would like to think it was Montagny but the others weren't shy of it either) with the race ending in a convincing Peugeot 1-2. Perfect weather that weekend as well, especially with the monsoon on Friday afternoon!

I guess Imola is just fine with it's ELMS race these days, less spotlights and probably more enjoyable therefor.
Old 21 Aug 2015, 15:30 (Ref:3567510)   #70
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Interlagos will not return for, at least, several years. The hosting fee was been paid by Emerson Fittipaldi but he had massive losses due to low attendance. Imo, the "they'll be working on the track to improve the facilities" used for saying it's not on this year's calendar is nothing but an excuse. Afterall, isn't Uncle Bernie's circus visiting the circuit this year?

Hope Canadian public money doesn't go to paying WEC's fee. A very boring circuit comprised of awful slow-high-kerbed chicanes and a hairpin. You don't built prototype cars, with decent amount of downforce, to be climbing slow corners' kerbs. LMP1/2s needs tracks like Silverstone and Spa(lot's of high speed corners)

Don't see why there would be a event on Mexico as the only reason F1 will be back there is because of Mexican driver(s) being there in the last few years. Don't see any appeal for WEC on Mexico.

Motorsport(specially endurance racing) is not super popular in Italy. F1 has been losing massive amount of viewers there(see graph bellow), so I don't see a WEC race happening.

I read in the begining of the year that the first couple of 2015 GPs were under 1 million viewers on Italy.

In Germany, the huge drops regarding F1 tv ratings are similar(year on year decrease since 2009). I'm far from sure Nurburgring is a safe event, btw. We'll have to wait but I suspect grandstands will be empty...

Last edited by Artur; 21 Aug 2015 at 15:36.
Old 21 Aug 2015, 20:21 (Ref:3567560)   #71
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Umm okay.

And as for 4000 being 'amazing', the round presents the entire Middle East, not just the island. And even if it didn't, 4000 is still nothing, making comparisons to countrys total population is pointless

The last sentence I don't even know why it is there
Europe has a motorsport history dating back nearly a century. The Middle East has hardly had international races for a decade. Attendance to population is not pointless. I was making a comparison between the two countries with human rights issues on the calender.

As for that last sentence... You dont know why human rights issues has an influence on things like motorsport attendance? But you've mentioned this plenty of times before.
Old 21 Aug 2015, 20:23 (Ref:3567561)   #72
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Has sportscar racing always been fairly popular in Germany? Since the sixties there has been nearly always been a German contender for victory at LeMans. There was also the Interserie that was mostly based in Germany. It was only in the Schumacher era that F1 became popular there.
Old 21 Aug 2015, 20:41 (Ref:3567565)   #73
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
All choices would be more intriguing to me than at least 2 of the current circuits.

Mexico City my choice because of the aforementioned "F1 following". Not sure they'd go back to Interlogos after not going this year...

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 21 Aug 2015 at 20:53.
Old 21 Aug 2015, 20:49 (Ref:3567569)   #74
TF110
Veteran

United States
If they go somewhere in South America, I prefer this

Old 21 Aug 2015, 22:00 (Ref:3567584)   #75
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
Because getting what you want always come with strings attached I suggest Miller Motorsport Park. At least ACO will meet halfway America and China.
Miller is closing down in October of this year