Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 11 Apr 2016, 15:36 (Ref:3631887)   #1
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
2016 ELMS Round 1 - 4 Hours of Silverstone Race Thread

After a season that surprised almost everyone with its twists and turns from race to race, the European Le Man Series returns for what should be another thrilling season. The one complaint that could be levelled at the ELMS has been duly noted, as this year sees an extra race provide both more action for the spectators and another chance for the teams to mount their title charges.

The title challengers from LMP2 are all back to face each other, although Jota now race under the G-Drive banner. The rest of the 15-strong LMP2 field do not shame themselves for quality or quantity, but on the former they are soundly bested by the 20 entries of the LMP3 class! However, do not think the slew of prototypes means that LMGTE is a third wheel in the entry list by any means, with 9 cars and many hot shoes ready to put their markers down for the season.

Race Page

Entry List

Schedule

Live Timing & Streaming

Live Audio

Timing & Scoring Results

Track Map - Wikipedia, Silverstone Circuit

Weather - Met Office, Weather2
Old 11 Apr 2016, 17:30 (Ref:3631915)   #2
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
thanks for posting, looking forward to seeing the cars on Friday afternoon
Old 11 Apr 2016, 17:52 (Ref:3631924)   #3
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks in advance to everyone who posts the pirate links.
Old 11 Apr 2016, 17:58 (Ref:3631925)   #4
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Thanks in advance to everyone who posts the pirate links.
Pirate link? I thought ELMS was free to view; it certainly was last year. Has something changed that I missed?
Old 11 Apr 2016, 18:03 (Ref:3631927)   #5
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
If any of you gents make it to the race in person, stop by and say hi if you see me around the #77 GTE car/pits/paddock! It's my first trip to Silverstone and I'm really looking forward to the race weekend.

-mike
Old 11 Apr 2016, 18:06 (Ref:3631928)   #6
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That huge McDonalds logo is even more displeasing to the eye than it was on Larbres previously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
Pirate link? I thought ELMS was free to view; it certainly was last year. Has something changed that I missed?
It's free, you only need eye patch for that other cashed-in series.
Old 11 Apr 2016, 18:07 (Ref:3631929)   #7
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
No, the ELMS live stream should still be as free as the internet intended it to be. The ACO have yet to recognise the untapped revenue in making all ~2000* of us pay for the privilege of watching...

Maybe Maelochs meant that post for the WEC race thread?

*I think the average is closer to 1500, but I remember seeing just north of 2000 connections in the closing minutes of the Estoril race.
Old 11 Apr 2016, 20:53 (Ref:3631958)   #8
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Maybe Maelochs meant that post for the WEC race thread?
Somebody here wasn't paying sufficient attention ...

and that person looks suspiciously like me. I will investigate further.

TY in advance for some other pirate links, too ... unless Fox covers some unnamed series again this year. Someone will have to check. I will find out who.
Old 12 Apr 2016, 01:33 (Ref:3631989)   #9
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
That huge McDonalds logo is even more displeasing to the eye than it was on Larbres previously.

It's free, you only need eye patch for that other cashed-in series.
What's wrong with the M? At least the team has sponsorship from a real company!
Old 12 Apr 2016, 01:56 (Ref:3631992)   #10
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yup, Mcdonalds' logo doesn't bother me either. Actually, I quite like it and, as you said, it's very nice to see a real sponsor in a sportscar, for once. It's so rare.
Old 12 Apr 2016, 06:01 (Ref:3632014)   #11
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
If the ELMS is to survive then non motorsport sponsors will always be required, and if Mcdonalds decides to set up at silverstone as an alternative to "Divine Burgers" then anyone who complains is probably a "Veggie"
More than happy to see cars with well known sponsors and we should all be happy to see sportscar racing looking attractive to major corporations
Old 12 Apr 2016, 07:47 (Ref:3632028)   #12
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I just loathe the brand myself, that is all. Obviously it's good for the sponsored team itself
Old 12 Apr 2016, 17:51 (Ref:3632147)   #13
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post
If any of you gents make it to the race in person, stop by and say hi if you see me around the #77 GTE car/pits/paddock! It's my first trip to Silverstone and I'm really looking forward to the race weekend.

-mike
Best of luck mike. What a great experience. Would be home watching..but will be racing mtn bikes in your neck of the woods at laguna seca instead.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old 12 Apr 2016, 19:41 (Ref:3632168)   #14
BTCC 318d
Rookie

BTCC 318d has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I've done a spotters guide - can anyone host it?

about 1.5mb pdf..
Old 14 Apr 2016, 10:55 (Ref:3632564)   #15
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
I just loathe the brand myself, that is all. Obviously it's good for the sponsored team itself
Nothing to do with the team at all. It's a driver deal like all the rest
Old 14 Apr 2016, 12:01 (Ref:3632590)   #16
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Nothing to do with the team at all. It's a driver deal like all the rest
Canal wouldn't have that seat without the money he brings, so yes it [French McDonalds] is sponsoring the team. Perhaps indirectly, but sponsoring nevertheless.
Old 14 Apr 2016, 12:46 (Ref:3632613)   #17
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I see where Greg Murphy has Damien Faulkner in his 03R. Glad to see Faulkner in a prototype again and I hope it goes well. He is to be partnered with Sean Doyle and Shaun Balfe.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/123754
Old 14 Apr 2016, 14:06 (Ref:3632638)   #18
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Canal wouldn't have that seat without the money he brings, so yes it [French McDonalds] is sponsoring the team. Perhaps indirectly, but sponsoring nevertheless.
So exactly like every other car then!
Old 14 Apr 2016, 16:01 (Ref:3632670)   #19
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
So exactly like every other car then!
What is the point of this argument...?
Old 14 Apr 2016, 16:25 (Ref:3632678)   #20
Maelochs
Veteran

Quote:
What is the point of this argument...?
Angry Burger King customers ....
Old 14 Apr 2016, 17:15 (Ref:3632691)   #21
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well i would much rather have mc d's than divine burgers so please can they open a branch at silverstone ASAP hopefully by tomorrow
Old 14 Apr 2016, 18:56 (Ref:3632722)   #22
Maelochs
Veteran

Bubba Burgers ... now there is a brand to be proud of .....
Old 14 Apr 2016, 19:07 (Ref:3632730)   #23
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

-mike
All the best Mike, definitely i´ll visit the #77 Paddock to try to see you.
Old 14 Apr 2016, 19:22 (Ref:3632738)   #24
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:

-mike
I will also try and say hello tomorrow if i get a chance Mike

Simon
Old 14 Apr 2016, 21:28 (Ref:3632782)   #25
rjoconnell
Racer

United States
CT, USA
rjoconnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm so excited for Ryo Hirakawa's European debut this weekend. Same with Sean Rayhall, who was a revelation in limited Indy Lights running last year.