Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 31 Jan 2021, 16:04 (Ref:4032542)   #476
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
The drivers' line up is not great. A lot of weak links.
lol wat.
Old 31 Jan 2021, 16:07 (Ref:4032544)   #477
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Seriously? I think you're out of touch. The four you mention probably come below Dumas and Menezes for me.
Just cause you can't agree with me, you don't need to attack me. It's okay to disagree with the thoughts or opinions expressed by other people. That doesn't give you the right to deny any sense they might make.

Anyway, time will tell us if I am right or wrong. If the car allows us to have a solid opinion on drivers' performance. My expectations are low. We are in February and the car didn't turn a lap.
Old 31 Jan 2021, 16:29 (Ref:4032562)   #478
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I haven't 'attacked' you at all. You gave no apparent explanation for your view other than Dumas no longer being a factory driver. There was no explanation as to why you thought Menezes a 'risky bet'. I suggested a possibility why, thus giving you the opportunity to explain your thinking. That's all. Some others appear to agree with me, but I respect your right to give your opinion even if I don't understand it.

Having low expectations is probably a good thing, it allows for pleasurable surprise!
Old 1 Feb 2021, 02:21 (Ref:4032724)   #479
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I haven't 'attacked' you at all. You gave no apparent explanation for your view other than Dumas no longer being a factory driver. There was no explanation as to why you thought Menezes a 'risky bet'. I suggested a possibility why, thus giving you the opportunity to explain your thinking. That's all. Some others appear to agree with me, but I respect your right to give your opinion even if I don't understand it.

Having low expectations is probably a good thing, it allows for pleasurable surprise!
I think the inclusion of Dumas is great, he has so much experience at le mans and with Joest. He has driven a ton of cars and knows what is working and what isn't, both with the car and the team process.

Plus with 7 drivers I'm guessing all 7 won't be for the full season, and some will rotate in and out depending on other commitments.
Old 1 Feb 2021, 09:41 (Ref:4032738)   #480
Badlands99
Racer

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Badlands99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got to agree ....... Dumas is a great choice as he has driven and helped develop many prototypes over the last few years and knows how to develop and get the best out of a car even when it might not be completely right out of the box.

Also, and possibly as important, none of these guys could be classed as a car wrecker. Pla & Derani are the quick guns, Briscoe & Westbrook probably the steady, safe, bring it home guys, Menezes has been in prototypes for a few years and knows how to get the best out of a car and Mailleux, although I don't know too much about him has been with the team for a while and knows how they work, which will be a huge help to the other guys.

Given the circumstances of a new start team, in a new car with an awful lot of unknowns, I reckon Jim has done a great job in pulling this all together and this line up won't let him down. Also, how many of the current LMP1/2 hotshots would take a 'chance' and go with a new start team? Jani & Lotterer? I don't think so!
Old 1 Feb 2021, 10:38 (Ref:4032742)   #481
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
My jaw has genuinely dropped that anyone is criticizing the line up.
Yep, I think people need to consider what Glickenhaus is and how much experience and talent that line up is.

Be interested to know who others would have selected instead, as in people who are available and affordable.
Old 1 Feb 2021, 10:40 (Ref:4032744)   #482
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think Glickenhaus have done well to pick who they have. No megastars, but people will enough experience to help them. They couldn't just pick anyone. They needed to find who they could
Old 1 Feb 2021, 11:11 (Ref:4032756)   #483
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I actually think they've done better than just people with enough experience. I think the fact that drivers of this calibre have signed on is a good indicator of how they feel about the chances. Mind you, we have to temper that with a comparison with the good drivers who signed on for the Nissan LMP1 traincrash of a few years back!

It may just be me going a little stir-crazy stuck indoors with no LM last year and quite possibly not this year as well, but I'm genuinely excited about the Glickenhaus project.
Old 1 Feb 2021, 12:11 (Ref:4032774)   #484
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah I'm also really looking forward to it, and I certainly wasn't expecting such a strong lineup. I'm genuinely confused why people wouldn't think a guy like Romain Dumas isn't a positive signing, the knowledge he'll bring and the ability to develop that car is huge
Old 2 Feb 2021, 18:25 (Ref:4033074)   #485
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think they’ve done well to get this far and attract a decent driver lineup. Dumas may not be the best, but he’s someone you can rely on. He’s a great choice
Old 9 Feb 2021, 17:09 (Ref:4034311)   #486
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Cool to see pics of the back end taking shape. Hoping the car sounds loud and growly.
Old 9 Feb 2021, 18:23 (Ref:4034326)   #487
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Cool to see pics of the back end taking shape. Hoping the car sounds loud and growly.
A turbo flat plane crank V8 is never going to sound particularly interesting but it is another sound when we are struggling a bit for variety.

https://twitter.com/MoteursPipo/stat...061948416?s=19
Old 10 Feb 2021, 07:15 (Ref:4034399)   #488
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks for sharing, Mike. Sounds a bit like a DTM car?
Old 10 Feb 2021, 19:28 (Ref:4034553)   #489
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Also this

https://twitter.com/Glickenhaus/stat...724777479?s=09
Old 10 Feb 2021, 20:07 (Ref:4034565)   #490
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
It's aliiiiiiiiive!
Old 10 Feb 2021, 22:22 (Ref:4034582)   #491
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Excellent!
Old 12 Feb 2021, 06:48 (Ref:4034762)   #492
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
greenmachinets040 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
It's aliiiiiiiiive!
OFF: it is actually interesting how quickly and silently the diesel cars got out of motor racing..

There were times when we thought that diesel will stay the benchmark at LM.

The petrol rules again.
Old 12 Feb 2021, 19:23 (Ref:4034877)   #493
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well it is good to hear it actually running, fingers crossed i will actually get to hear it for real later this year
Old 12 Feb 2021, 19:57 (Ref:4034880)   #494
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well it is good to hear it actually running, fingers crossed i will actually get to hear it for real later this year
Many more updates on their feeds today, there's a windshield on and the front body work makes an appearance.

https://twitter.com/Glickenhaus/stat...253138434?s=19
Old 14 Feb 2021, 07:30 (Ref:4035048)   #495
Mike E
Veteran

And a Motul sponsorship deal by the look of it
Old 15 Feb 2021, 08:46 (Ref:4035192)   #496
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
And a Motul sponsorship deal by the look of it
Yep, although it's being presented as a partnership.
Old 19 Feb 2021, 20:21 (Ref:4035945)   #497
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.instagram.com/p/CLfBV_IL...d=slq5iswzdg1d

Last edited by hondafan37; 19 Feb 2021 at 20:27.
Old 19 Feb 2021, 20:35 (Ref:4035948)   #498
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
It is really looking like a car now! Lots of bodywork in front of the front wheels.

https://twitter.com/Glickenhaus/stat...327446528?s=19
Old 19 Feb 2021, 22:00 (Ref:4035959)   #499
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
Still not a single lap on the track. Only FIA's EoT/BoP can make it compete against Toyota.
Old 20 Feb 2021, 07:43 (Ref:4035988)   #500
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobefly View Post
Still not a single lap on the track. Only FIA's EoT/BoP can make it compete against Toyota.
It is a process, you cannot expect a small scale manufacture who has to build everything from scratch to be able to keep the same schedule like one of the biggest manufactures in the world who can reuse large parts of their previous car.

I believe that Glickenhaus will be a force to be reckoned with. EoT/BoP is something which is impossible to avoid with multiple brand new rules set anyway.