Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 4 Jul 2006, 15:46 (Ref:1648120)   #1
Nick49
Racer

England
Hampshire, UK
Nick49 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LMS Rnd 3: Nurburgring 14-16 Jun 2006

Hello

I haven't seen a thread started for this yet but are we looking at a Pescarolo walkover again. As far as the British runners are concerned, Creation have been disappointing, Lister are nowhere and will Zytek be there?

Is it going to be more of a race for the three other classes?

Are we going to see any of it live on MOTORS TV?

Nick
Old 4 Jul 2006, 15:53 (Ref:1648123)   #2
WouterM
Racer

Netherlands
WouterM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Zytek is on the latest entry list, complemented by the rebuild Protran and two Radicals.
Old 4 Jul 2006, 15:54 (Ref:1648124)   #3
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
There is a provisional list of participants on http://www.lmes.net/fr/download/2006...%20engages.pdf

Zytek is on it, as it the factory Radical car (AER engine).
Old 4 Jul 2006, 15:59 (Ref:1648130)   #4
Ranald
Racer

England
Oxford
Ranald should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motors TV schedules currently show no live coverage due to the Croft TOCA meeting being aired live. 3 hours of highlights preceeded by ALMS from Salt Lake. I think the only LMS round we get live is Donington I'm afraid.
Old 4 Jul 2006, 16:11 (Ref:1648139)   #5
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think any of the Courages could win, same for the Zytek and Creation.

Pescarolos advantage is more pronounced at Le Mans for some reason.

Wonder if Zytek will be at Donington, along with the two Creations.

Zytek were not meant to be at any LMS rounds after Le Mans.
Old 4 Jul 2006, 16:14 (Ref:1648146)   #6
mikmx
Racer

Netherlands
rotterdam
mikmx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Going over there on friday, watch on saturday and sunday and do a few laps of the NS in between
Hope weather will be like last year.
Old 4 Jul 2006, 21:07 (Ref:1648334)   #7
Nick49
Racer

England
Hampshire, UK
Nick49 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello

Gwyllian, thanks for posting the provisional entrants list. The Zytek may well be on it but without any nominated drivers yet the team is going to find it difficult to qualify yet alone race. Any news on drivers bearing in mind the race is only two weeks away. I still think that the Pescarolo team are going to romp away with this one and win the the overall title before we even get to Donington! The LMP1 category seems to have fallen a bit short this season.

As I said in the opening post, the other three categories seem to have more to offer in the way of competition and who knows we could see a Spyker win the GT2 class.

All in all another interesting race in prospect.

Nick
Old 5 Jul 2006, 08:22 (Ref:1648633)   #8
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Pescarolo looks like a comfortable favourite for this one. They're reaping the benefit of first mover advantage in putting the time and effort hybridising the C60 last year (and 2005 wasn't exactly a disaster for them either) and having a fundamentally very well sorted package. While they were a touch anonymous at the Nurburgring last year I'd put that down to the old spec cars having the edge there and the niggly rear diffuser problem. For my money - the Courages and the Creation to run them close in qualifying and possibly for the first couple of hours, then a Pescarolo landslide.

With entry lists I always figure I'll keep an open mind until cars actually appear at the track. In that vein I'd be very (pleasantly) surprisd to the see the Zytek. Is it more feasible that it'll be in Utah that weekend?
Old 5 Jul 2006, 09:25 (Ref:1648695)   #9
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about the RfH Dome? i thought their LM performance was really strong and now they have the Judd engine properly fitted (not the latest spec though) they could give Henri's boys a run for their money. Courage will need still some more reliability, at Spa they had speed but they never made it to half race, same at LM. I think Creation has not had a proper run yet this year, looking forward to their performance at the Ring... But also watch for RML charging from the LMP2 class!!!!!!
Old 6 Jul 2006, 10:36 (Ref:1649531)   #10
Bernard Bram
Racer

Bernard Bram has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Don't forget Swiss Spirit, very strong performance in Spa.

But what's up with this "G-Force by Kruse", those where two different teams or did i miss something?
Old 6 Jul 2006, 11:37 (Ref:1649568)   #11
911 GT1
Racer

Germany
911 GT1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kruse will race under the entry of G-Force for the rest of the season. G-Force stopped their Courage project. But maybe we will see both cars in a race.
Old 6 Jul 2006, 13:19 (Ref:1649635)   #12
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
I understood from DSC that they are actually merging and plan for a 2 car team in the future, the crew for the Ring will be the Kruse drivers.
Old 7 Jul 2006, 08:36 (Ref:1650114)   #13
russ250575
Racer

England
England,Milton Keynes
russ250575 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I cant see any coverage of this on Motors TV for the weekend anyone know if and when anything will be shown ? Also saw no ALMS from lime rock did i just miss it or did it not happen ?
Old 7 Jul 2006, 08:47 (Ref:1650122)   #14
Ranald
Racer

England
Oxford
Ranald should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I said earlier there is no live coverage of the Nurburgring race due to the TOCA meeting at Croft. There will be 3 hour highlights on Sunday preceeded by the ALMS from Salt Lake. I believe that the only LMS race we get live this season is Donington.
As for the ALMS Lime Rock it was shown on Sunday afternoon after the DTM. All of the CBS channel races, of which this was one, are tape delayed meaning Motors TV could only show the race on Sunday afternoon rather than live on Saturday evening. If you've missed it Motors TV put on plenty of highlights repeats throughout the week.
Old 10 Jul 2006, 14:18 (Ref:1652316)   #15
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
Motors TV has the 22.00 CET usual highlights
Old 10 Jul 2006, 15:24 (Ref:1652361)   #16
Corvetteboy
Rookie

Belgium
Belgium (Zolder)
Corvetteboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i wil be their sunday
looking forward to it
Old 10 Jul 2006, 17:05 (Ref:1652439)   #17
Paddy_NL
Racer

Netherlands
Rotterdam, NL
Paddy_NL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brielga
Motors TV has the 22.00 CET usual highlights
So for the second LMS race running - if we hurry home, we can watch the rerun on tv
Old 11 Jul 2006, 05:19 (Ref:1653123)   #18
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
and this time we have the advantage of the Autobahn to shorten our commute time track-home....
Old 11 Jul 2006, 16:16 (Ref:1653639)   #19
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge
With entry lists I always figure I'll keep an open mind until cars actually appear at the track. In that vein I'd be very (pleasantly) surprisd to the see the Zytek. Is it more feasible that it'll be in Utah that weekend?
Well, looks like I'm pleasantly surprised with Johansson and Noda going to be piloting the 06S this weekend. Really pleasing actually, the car seems reasonably robust, should be getting quicker, and there's nothing wrong with either of those drivers.

Still reckon Pescarolo for the win, but this lineup could (should?) make the podium and certainly make the race that touch more interesting to watch.
Old 11 Jul 2006, 20:11 (Ref:1653832)   #20
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brielga
and this time we have the advantage of the Autobahn to shorten our commute time track-home....
oh, think you realy have to hurry. there is much slow driving in the netherlands for you, isnt it? will be hard for me too, to north west germany.
its 2230 this time, but i will miss alms
Old 11 Jul 2006, 22:38 (Ref:1653974)   #21
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The new entry list had some negative points as well.

- No Lister LMP1;
- No Renauer Porsche
- No 2nd Spyker
- No B-Racing Lamborghini

Positive note:
For now there is a 2nd PSI Corvette on the list, but without drivers and Noel del Bello Racing Porsche is back on.
Old 12 Jul 2006, 05:47 (Ref:1654127)   #22
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
I still see the Renauer entry in the list...
Old 12 Jul 2006, 08:31 (Ref:1654209)   #23
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
The two Spykers seem to be there on the one I'm looking at too (although as ever, I won't hold breath until cars hit the track on Saturday).

The absence of the Lister is a disappointment. I know they're giving up on the LMP1 (and I don't buy the stories about it going to ALMS for next year either, but that's a different story) but it seems to be a reasonably reliable car over 1,000 km and always brings a degree of variety to the grid. If nothing else having double-digit LMP1 numbers is something I have to be in favour of.
Old 12 Jul 2006, 09:17 (Ref:1654268)   #24
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
The list in http://www.lmes.net/fr/nurburgring/liste_engages.asp seems to be the most updated and only has the Hezemans-Bleekemolen Spyker in there. 46 entries so far so the field is still very healthy (although I agree with you isynge I would welcome more LMPs...). I assume they are preparing 1 of the Spykers for the Spa 24 Hrs, I'm sure Sander will have the definitive answer on this one
Old 12 Jul 2006, 16:11 (Ref:1654597)   #25
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.projectlemans.de/content/view/2161/53/ -> Renauer story