Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 24 Jun 2007, 08:45 (Ref:1945343)   #26
jaysalv
Veteran

England
romford essex
jaysalv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes ok they were great driving the works zytec in 2005 but i like the mix of driving that charouzs drivers are from ... A1gp/FIA gt and f3000.its good to see pescarolo have some different compition this year as the deisel cars are in a class of there own. martin shorts rollcentre car is lookng good too
Old 24 Jun 2007, 14:18 (Ref:1945524)   #27
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysalv
.but charouz drivr line up is i think the youngest in p1 and for me the quickest
you're jokin, right?
Minnasian? Lamy? Gene? Bourdais? Barbosa? Go 'ome.
Old 24 Jun 2007, 15:32 (Ref:1945558)   #28
jaysalv
Veteran

England
romford essex
i said maybe the youngest and for me the quickest mucke has the fastest lap in a petrol lmp1. i think that all 3 drivers compliment each other true the drivers you have mentioned are quick but thats your opinion
Old 25 Jun 2007, 18:27 (Ref:1946586)   #29
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
fair does.
mucke is entertaining, a good partner for bouchut in gt.
I enjoyed watching barbosa last year. personally i reckon rollcentre should have stuck with radical.
Old 25 Jun 2007, 19:42 (Ref:1946658)   #30
jaysalv
Veteran

England
romford essex
yeh maybe but there pescarolo looks a lot better and judging by shortys reaction after le man i think he has made the right choice again rollcentre being another well put together english team just a shame creation are so unrelighable not sure there driver line up is up to it im not to keen on jcw
Old 25 Jun 2007, 20:24 (Ref:1946691)   #31
SebringMG
Veteran

United Kingdom
SebringMG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes they would probably have had 'better' results in terms of class victories by staying in P2 BUT they would probably have lost their sponsor in doing so....however they did finish 4th in LM which is better than the radical could ever manage.

Seems to me that without rollcentre running it that the various radicals have stepped backwards in performance rather than taking the next step forward!!
Old 25 Jun 2007, 20:55 (Ref:1946724)   #32
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
JCW is a class act, look at Britcar 24h last year, and whenever he used to drive lister GTs to victory in FIA GT- even partnering Niklaus Springer. The crash at le mans was NOT his fault- straightline aqua plane. Looks like its a car problem not a driver's problem, because I'm not sure Gabbiani is a mug either.
Old 25 Jun 2007, 21:05 (Ref:1946738)   #33
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JCW is definitely a class act. At Donington last year, he outqualified Minassian and had the better of him when they were on the track at the same time.

Le Mans was a disaster for Creation but it wasn't a reliability problem. Three shunts is a hard one to stomach.

I expect the car to be fast and reliable at Nurburgring. Petrol pole is definitely a possibility (next to the Zytek) and a top four finish.
Old 25 Jun 2007, 21:33 (Ref:1946773)   #34
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by canam
JCW is definitely a class act. At Donington last year, he outqualified Minassian and had the better of him when they were on the track at the same time.

Le Mans was a disaster for Creation but it wasn't a reliability problem. Three shunts is a hard one to stomach.

I expect the car to be fast and reliable at Nurburgring. Petrol pole is definitely a possibility (next to the Zytek) and a top four finish.
In my opinion, its a bit of a joke right now, they need to sort it QUICK.
But i hope they do. And chuck that ridiculous livery.
Old 25 Jun 2007, 21:33 (Ref:1946772)   #35
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Quote:

Old 25 Jun 2007, 21:33 (Ref:1946771)   #36
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Quote:

Old 26 Jun 2007, 06:18 (Ref:1946945)   #37
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Why is it a "bit of a joke"? The car was quick but unlucky

And as for the livery -At least you have an opinion - And that's the point. Creation is a priovateer team looking to stand out from the crowd - and they've succeeded with their livery where others simply merge into the pack.
Old 26 Jun 2007, 06:43 (Ref:1946952)   #38
jaysalv
Veteran

England
romford essex
look i would like nothing more than creatioon to suceed in the lmes i think that as a team they are very well put together and are doing well in terms of promoting there name via selling to chassis already but its just seems that every race there are problems i went to spa last year and they did not even make it past practice its just dissapointing . they change there set up to much maybe i feel that if they just stuck with what they have and worked towards there relighablilty they can come good again . having watched the road to lemans when they followed creation in 2005 jcw seemed to wine about everything the team done to the car where minassian just got on with it and was very quick i think they need to rearrange there driver line up sorry if thats harsh but a fair opinion
Old 26 Jun 2007, 07:20 (Ref:1946981)   #39
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysalv
look i would like nothing more than creatioon to suceed in the lmes i think that as a team they are very well put together and are doing well in terms of promoting there name via selling to chassis already but its just seems that every race there are problems i went to spa last year and they did not even make it past practice its just dissapointing . they change there set up to much maybe i feel that if they just stuck with what they have and worked towards there relighablilty they can come good again . having watched the road to lemans when they followed creation in 2005 jcw seemed to wine about everything the team done to the car where minassian just got on with it and was very quick i think they need to rearrange there driver line up sorry if thats harsh but a fair opinion
I think the reliability issue was bigger in previous years. At Spa last year, the car was hit by a Corvette in the first practice which, apparently punctured the tub. They had to go back home. In the last five races of 2006, they had two poles and four podiums. Apart from Pescarolo, they were better than everyone else (and reliable).

I watched the Road to Le Mans as well and I think you are referring to Andy Wallace not JCW. Wallace was the one doing the complaining. The other two just got on with it.

I hope things improve after their horrific LM. They do push the boundaries and it would be nice to see them succeed. One further point, a Creation car has been on pole at the 'Ring' every year for the last three years.
Old 26 Jun 2007, 07:37 (Ref:1946994)   #40
SebringMG
Veteran

United Kingdom
Creation / KWM do seem to be able to design fast cars however IMO they seem to have trouble tracing down reliability issues.....they are not a rival to Pescarolo yet.

Have to say been very impressed with Charouz which i beleive is Jota doing all the spanner work? Possibly the best rival to Pescarolo we will see this year. Arena will show blazing pace but will it last ?
Old 26 Jun 2007, 08:34 (Ref:1947037)   #41
jaysalv
Veteran

England
romford essex
yes jota is running the car witrh the help from some mechanics from charouz a1gp team . i think that they are the team to rival pescarolo this year to as well as rollcentre . i hope creation do progress this year it would be good for english run teams. to me it seams that lmp1 this year s anyones as far as the petrol cars go the petrol audi is out for the ring so who knows . i may have to rethink my predictions this time.
Old 26 Jun 2007, 16:59 (Ref:1947413)   #42
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SebringMG
Arena will show blazing pace but will it last ?
Not as long as they keep on having throttle cable failure . Why dont they use a fly-by-wire system then ?
Old 26 Jun 2007, 19:44 (Ref:1947543)   #43
I love 04s
Racer

United Kingdom
I love 04s has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Strange that it has only ever broken with Stephan J at the wheel, im by no means blaming him, just wondering whether his on/off aggressive style of driving is something that may have been overlooked when updating the 06S. If you look at overlays against someone like Shimoda who plays with the throttle a lot instead of full in or none at all, it could help explaining it a bit.

I hope its a cracker of a race. Got to be Pug, Pug, Zytek in qualy imho.....!
Old 26 Jun 2007, 19:49 (Ref:1947549)   #44
eddsc
Racer

eddsc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or Pug, Pug Creation? At least P3 is uncertain..
Some of you are very quick to dismiss everything Creation has achieved over the years: basically they've done everything except win a race, which just shows how difficult it is to win. Which car was it that took the fight to the Veloqx cars in 2004? 2006 was a challenge, with the small wheels - but in 2007, here's a team that has become a constructor, produced a fast reliable car out of the box, and then had the most miserable Le Mans as all three drivers went off.
It would be ironic, wouldn't it, if Creation's first win was actual the petrol class, so not really a win at all.
Old 26 Jun 2007, 20:02 (Ref:1947564)   #45
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love 04s
Strange that it has only ever broken with Stephan J at the wheel, im by no means blaming him, just wondering whether his on/off aggressive style of driving is something that may have been overlooked when updating the 06S. If you look at overlays against someone like Shimoda who plays with the throttle a lot instead of full in or none at all, it could help explaining it a bit.
Didnt 1 of their LMP2 cars have a cable failure at Le Mans ?

It shouldnt matter about Johanssons driving style ..... its a cable swage and shouldnt slip , at all !!!
Old 27 Jun 2007, 00:42 (Ref:1947724)   #46
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SebringMG
Creation / KWM do seem to be able to design fast cars however IMO they seem to have trouble tracing down reliability issues.....they are not a rival to Pescarolo yet.

Have to say been very impressed with Charouz which i beleive is Jota doing all the spanner work? Possibly the best rival to Pescarolo we will see this year. Arena will show blazing pace but will it last ?

It's harsh to judge Creation against major manufactuers, but Pescarolo are now showing a privateer chassis can run hard and strong for 24hrs, so excuses are running out for the rest of the field.

The one aspect that stands out with Pescarolo is their preperation, right down to no compromises in the driver line-up, particularly their No.1 car.

I'm unsure what Creation want to achieve this year, they have a new engine etc. next year, so is it worthwile to develop the current car?

Last edited by JAG; 27 Jun 2007 at 00:49.
Old 27 Jun 2007, 02:58 (Ref:1947755)   #47
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
It's harsh to judge Creation against major manufactuers, but Pescarolo are now showing a privateer chassis can run hard and strong for 24hrs, so excuses are running out for the rest of the field.

The one aspect that stands out with Pescarolo is their preperation, right down to no compromises in the driver line-up, particularly their No.1 car.

I'm unsure what Creation want to achieve this year, they have a new engine etc. next year, so is it worthwile to develop the current car?
I would think that they would develop the chassis as far as they could. First they need to supply decent upgrades to the 06's to make them legal and competitive in the future or they will lose what customers they may have in future cars through neglect. Also (highly, highly speculative) they need to sell the current team chassis to build a coupe for next year with the AIM engine in it?? Creations Dec. 04 2006 press release.

L.P.
Old 27 Jun 2007, 07:52 (Ref:1947867)   #48
SebringMG
Veteran

United Kingdom
I think the Coupe may be dead in the short term - it will be eligible for too short a period to justify the cost......probably they will start development of a coupe for 2009-10 onwards though.
Old 27 Jun 2007, 11:02 (Ref:1948012)   #49
Aerodynamic
Rookie

Aerodynamic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddsc
they've done everything except win a race
...........................is that a good thing!!????
Old 27 Jun 2007, 12:10 (Ref:1948053)   #50
SebringMG
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddsc
Or Pug, Pug Creation? At least P3 is uncertain..
Some of you are very quick to dismiss everything Creation has achieved over the years: basically they've done everything except win a race, which just shows how difficult it is to win. Which car was it that took the fight to the Veloqx cars in 2004? 2006 was a challenge, with the small wheels - but in 2007, here's a team that has become a constructor, produced a fast reliable car out of the box, and then had the most miserable Le Mans as all three drivers went off.
It would be ironic, wouldn't it, if Creation's first win was actual the petrol class, so not really a win at all.
Not so much quick to dismiss - more a realisation that perhaps it is a bit too early for the car this race weekend. After all 2 weeks since LM have they got enough spare body panels for the race ? They probably had to spend time they did not want stocking up on panels and parts that they would normally have spent prepping the car.....they are very small and it must be stretching them a bit!!

Good luck to 'em << Zytek will still be quicker IMO>>