Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 27 Jul 2007, 18:21 (Ref:1974893)   #1
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ACO/LMS inviting ALMS, JLMC(?) to race at Interlagos. Memo

I wonder if they will offer travel incentives?

L.P.
Old 27 Jul 2007, 18:43 (Ref:1974913)   #2
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG

L.P.
Corvette Racing likely wont go as a team or maybe they would only send one car as at least Gavin (and maybe Beretta) is already contracted to race for Luc Alphand. It would sure be fun if they sent Pratt & Miller team (like at Spa 24) to set up the car and some more drivers and maybe one car to join Luc Alphand for the race!
Old 27 Jul 2007, 22:44 (Ref:1975035)   #3
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
ALMS and JLMC entries in the LMS round at Interlagos

Just saw on planetlemans that ALMS and JLMC teams have been offered entry into the Interlagos round of the LMS. Any thoughts on who would make the trip?
Guessing possibly the Acura LMP2s to test against next years LM teams and maybe C6Rs so they have some competition?
Old 27 Jul 2007, 22:47 (Ref:1975041)   #4
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....postcount=1230

L.P.
Old 27 Jul 2007, 22:49 (Ref:1975044)   #5
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
sorry, didn't see a thread and didnt know anyone had posted it, feel free to close this one if it should be under the LMS thread.
Old 27 Jul 2007, 23:12 (Ref:1975052)   #6
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Think Acura, AGR or Fernandez, might go as a test against LMP2s from the LMS?
Old 27 Jul 2007, 23:55 (Ref:1975071)   #7
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96
Think Acura, AGR or Fernandez, might go as a test against LMP2s from the LMS?
I think that the Acura teams would be interested in seeing what their cars pace was against the LMS P-2's. Corvette could also go with the#3 line-up with Papis and a mix in the#4 as there are plenty of GM drivers to fill the seats if the decide to go.?

L.P.
Old 28 Jul 2007, 06:47 (Ref:1975139)   #8
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
sorry, didn't see a thread and didnt know anyone had posted it, feel free to close this one if it should be under the LMS thread.
Personally, I happen to think the topic is worthy of a dedicated thread.......let's hope we need it!
Old 28 Jul 2007, 19:02 (Ref:1975397)   #9
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:

L.P.
hi there, i'm newbie here, and it's good place!!!

sorry my misunderstanding about that race here in brazil, cuz nobody here knows a thing about that!!!

is it real trully??? cuz here they are making some correctings in the race line??
Old 28 Jul 2007, 22:02 (Ref:1975468)   #10
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasdriv87
hi there, i'm newbie here, and it's good place!!!

sorry my misunderstanding about that race here in brazil, cuz nobody here knows a thing about that!!!

is it real trully??? cuz here they are making some correctings in the race line??
There has been no mention (so far) of any changes to the planned/ advertised sixth and final LMS race of 2007 at Interlagos. With the announced invitation to the other "LeMans" series I would suppose that the ACO/LMS might be trying to strenghten the draw to the field in expectation of not getting all of the LMS teams to participate. Also nothing at the LMS site (link) indicates anything amiss nor at the Interlagos site (link). Just what is being corrected in the race line???? Or are you referring to the work that is being done to the track?

L.P.

Also welcome to the forum!

Last edited by HORNDAWG; 28 Jul 2007 at 22:05.
Old 28 Jul 2007, 22:24 (Ref:1975480)   #11
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
Quote:
There has been no mention (so far) of any changes to the planned/ advertised sixth and final LMS race of 2007 at Interlagos. With the announced invitation to the other "LeMans" series I would suppose that the ACO/LMS might be trying to strenghten the draw to the field in expectation of not getting all of the LMS teams to participate. Also nothing at the LMS site (link) indicates anything amiss nor at the Interlagos site (link). Just what is being corrected in the race line???? Or are you referring to the work that is being done to the track?

L.P.

Also welcome to the forum!
thanks. i mean they are working in the track, cuz f1gp final race is here too!!
Old 30 Jul 2007, 04:54 (Ref:1976087)   #12
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Indeed James.

I'd be curious to see if anyone stepped up.
Old 30 Jul 2007, 11:20 (Ref:1976289)   #13
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
Personally, I happen to think the topic is worthy of a dedicated thread.......let's hope we need it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
Indeed James.

I'd be curious to see if anyone stepped up.
All the posts from the general LMS thread has been moved here.

and heres hoping!
Old 30 Jul 2007, 11:42 (Ref:1976313)   #14
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
I hope Acura, Audi and Porsche accept the invitation. It would be nice to see how they measure up against the Peugeot 908!
Old 30 Jul 2007, 14:31 (Ref:1976426)   #15
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is very cool Nice move by the ACO!
Old 30 Jul 2007, 15:49 (Ref:1976475)   #16
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Some of the FIA-GT competitors ran the Mil Milhas a few years back. At least the PK Carsport/Carsport Holland C5R (the same car running under PK Carsport/PeKa Racing Banner this year). I remember Mike Hezemans and a few South American Drivers ran the car. It lead for a while then had some mechanical difficulties and finished somewhere around 8th or so. Maybe they should invite some of those guys to come and compete as well. Carsport Holland just showed they could take on Luc Alphand's Corvette head-to-head and give them a good whipping. It would be interesting to see Hezemans and maybe Fassler take on the Saleens.

DK
Old 31 Jul 2007, 01:46 (Ref:1976816)   #17
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Let's hope this will have a great turn out
Old 31 Jul 2007, 02:26 (Ref:1976824)   #18
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
And lets hope SPEED can work out a method to cover the race as an extension of the ALMS season too.
Old 31 Jul 2007, 02:47 (Ref:1976829)   #19
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Having read Murphy the Bear, I wonder if there will even be an Interlagos race. Should have been part of the ALMS schedule (and not LMS) from the beginning, IMHO.
Old 31 Jul 2007, 04:15 (Ref:1976846)   #20
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil

Quote:
And lets hope SPEED can work out a method to cover the race as an extension of the ALMS season too.
last year, it was covered by sky south america, globo international, and bandsports!! it was not a alms race...

and an aston martin was droven by n. piquet father, n. piquet son and castroneves won the race!! lefting behind saleens, prototypes as well, it was a good race, even though tha race started from a clear hot day thru night!!

Old 1 Aug 2007, 21:17 (Ref:1978590)   #21
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
If not Speed, then I would hope TSN would think about it at least (TSN-A is fine by me). Roger's, too.
Old 1 Aug 2007, 23:27 (Ref:1978660)   #22
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
What channel is TSN?
Old 1 Aug 2007, 23:53 (Ref:1978680)   #23
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
More or less the main (English) Canadian sports network.
Old 2 Aug 2007, 00:22 (Ref:1978693)   #24
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
unfortunately i dont think its on most US cable networks, at least i know it hasnt been on any that i have had
Old 23 Aug 2007, 05:33 (Ref:1994882)   #25
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Looks like VDS is thinking about going, as they are looking for a pay driver for Petit, Laguna and Interlagos (pending/optional).

AGR bound for Brazil according to AutoWeek with Tony Kanaan.

L.P.