Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Sep 2007, 12:24 (Ref:2025097)   #51
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bit of wishful thinking there perhaps.

The big difference between Lewis and other rookies is his control under pressure. Certainly he isn't totally cold but he is pretty much in control. Alonso is also in control of himself so I think we'll see a fight but not contact (hopefully). As to the Senna incident (if I may correct you) don't forget it was Prost in 1989 who took out Senna to win the WDC. Senna just returned the compliment in 1990 when Prost was in a Ferrari and Senna was in a McLaren.
Old 28 Sep 2007, 12:30 (Ref:2025100)   #52
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
I never suggested that anyone had suggested it.

Merely making the point that for those who for many years have suggested that the sport's organisers have been puppets of Ferrari, the decision to switch from Suzuka to Fuji may (if recent races are anything to go by) have provided a significant blow to Ferrari's championship bid this year.

Get down off your horse.
Woah, chill out kid.

Looking like the track does favour McLaren ever so slightly just looking at the times from second practice. But it is probably pretty deceptive.

I expect it to be nip and tuck overall between the reds and the chromes.
Old 28 Sep 2007, 12:35 (Ref:2025103)   #53
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
To be honest, I think there has been a subtle swing in the verbals ratio between Alonso and Lewis as the season has wore on.

Only subtle mind. But Alonso has piped down and produced good results lately. Lewis has piped up a fraction more and hasn't done so good.

Probably total coincidence. But, to be quite honest, I wish they'd both shutup now as it's getting quite boring listening to them going at it like little girls.
Old 28 Sep 2007, 12:41 (Ref:2025105)   #54
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmm,

Can't say it bothers me too much, its not as if they're swinging hanbags is it?
Old 28 Sep 2007, 12:41 (Ref:2025106)   #55
pottiella
Veteran

pottiella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes, Lewis and Fernando have been doing a bit of this haven't they?

sorry...I've just always wanted to use that emotican and never found the right opportunity
Old 28 Sep 2007, 12:42 (Ref:2025107)   #56
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
you still haven't
Old 28 Sep 2007, 12:44 (Ref:2025108)   #57
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I know it could be worse Peter, but still it's getting a bit annoying for me at least.

Lewis coming out with things like "the team would prefer me to win". Give over.

Isolated it would be quite amusing, but there's been a run of jibes all season almost and it's lost it's appeal now really.

Maybe it is because I support both drivers though.

I do appreciate, though, that they are both under a lot of pressure.
Old 28 Sep 2007, 12:44 (Ref:2025109)   #58
pottiella
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Hmm,

Can't say it bothers me too much, its not as if they're swinging hanbags is it?
Like this?
...you said it Peter, not me!!

come on now, where else am I gonig to be able to use those emoticans?!
Old 28 Sep 2007, 13:23 (Ref:2025129)   #59
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Lewis coming out with things like "the team would prefer me to win". Give over.

Isolated it would be quite amusing, but there's been a run of jibes all season almost and it's lost it's appeal now really.
I agree - he's not doing himself any favours coming out with garbage like that. It might well be true, there probably are people in the team who would rather see him win because of how Alonso has behaved this season and the kind of relationship he has with Ron Dennis, but I don't believe that the team is openly backing either driver over the other one.

Looking forward to Sunday, especially now that it looks like rain. Here's hoping for somebody other than the 4 usual suspects to win.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 28 Sep 2007, 13:27 (Ref:2025131)   #60
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Generally speaking, the only time I've found out about these things is when someone posts them on here so really you don't have to read them if you don't want to.
Old 28 Sep 2007, 13:38 (Ref:2025145)   #61
pottiella
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl
Looking forward to Sunday, especially now that it looks like rain. Here's hoping for somebody other than the 4 usual suspects to win.
yeah...adrian sutil

I'm not kidding though (well, maybe only about the win!); the guy has been supremely consistent on Friday, and up there in the midfield for times considering its a Spyker..and I don't really think its as a result of other teams worsening, but Spyker getting better...which is really nice to see as an independent...(I knew Mike Gascoigne would do wonders...)

So actually, thinking of a top 10 finish, might be a tad over-ambitious, but I reckon it's still plausible if Adrian keeps this up and gets up there at the start with a decent strategy.
Old 28 Sep 2007, 13:38 (Ref:2025146)   #62
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl
That's what I hope too.
Old 28 Sep 2007, 13:40 (Ref:2025149)   #63
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pottiella
So actually, thinking of a top 10 finish, might be a tad over-ambitious, but I reckon it's still plausible if Adrian keeps this up and gets up there at the start with a decent strategy.
How's his wet weather driving?

Surprisingly decent showing in FP2 for Toyota on their home track - you never know, if they get up there in qualifying and the conditions are right, we might even see a Toyota on the podium. Stranger things have happened...
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 28 Sep 2007, 13:42 (Ref:2025151)   #64
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Rosberg has an engine change so he'll lose ten spots on the grid. Bad news for the lad, but maybe we'll see a charge from him.
I'll start the conspiracy theories now and suggest its Toyota's way of keeping the customer team behind them on home turf, preventing the harakiri.
Old 28 Sep 2007, 13:50 (Ref:2025153)   #65
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's a good one to start with, we're tired with the old ones.
Old 28 Sep 2007, 14:02 (Ref:2025163)   #66
pottiella
Veteran

well considering Rosberg was about Toyota's best and only chance of getting big points with their name on it, they've probably shot themselves in the foot then! I guess you could see it from this point of view: if Rosberg is out of the points, it leaves another space free in top 8...and Trulli is usually just outside the points!
Old 28 Sep 2007, 14:58 (Ref:2025197)   #67
Leighton Irwin
Veteran

Canada
Victoria Harbour (on Georgian Bay)
Leighton Irwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I may be wrong but I didn't think the engine change rule applied to Fri.
Old 28 Sep 2007, 15:04 (Ref:2025199)   #68
pottiella
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leighton Irwin
I may be wrong but I didn't think the engine change rule applied to Fri.
yep, it does..the bottom line is that the engine has to last 2 race weekends, and that means using it on Fridays too. Martin Brundle was mentioning that about Monza/Spa, that when they came to spa, the engine had to last all through Friday, all through Saturday, and Sunday as well...so he expected a few engines to fail with Monza and Spa being the most punishing.

I think they are allowed to run seperate engines for test sessions in between races though - but practice sessions are part of the race weekend.
Old 28 Sep 2007, 15:17 (Ref:2025204)   #69
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
are you sure? i always thought they changed that for this year to make people drive more on fridays.
Old 28 Sep 2007, 15:22 (Ref:2025207)   #70
pottiella
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flor
are you sure? i always thought they changed that for this year to make people drive more on fridays.
lol well I was...until now!! Yeah, I'm pretty sure...I mean there have been several engine changes this year like that...so I assumed?

anywy, I know this is a bit off topic, but just to get us in the mood for hopefully a good wet Sunday race, I thought a bit of vintage footage might be appreciated...

This is incredible...the number of passes made in those few laps are probably worth a whole season nowadays!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=j3tXJm9tYGM
Old 28 Sep 2007, 15:24 (Ref:2025209)   #71
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
That's not a bit off topic, its geographically waaaaay off topic. But they did cut the mustard that day.
Old 28 Sep 2007, 15:29 (Ref:2025215)   #72
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
This is incredible...the number of passes made in those few laps are probably worth a whole season nowadays!!
It's always a pleasure to watch, after all these years...
Old 28 Sep 2007, 15:39 (Ref:2025226)   #73
pottiella
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
It's always a pleasure to watch, after all these years...
ahh yes...Villeneuve
Old 28 Sep 2007, 16:19 (Ref:2025250)   #74
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
ahh yes...Villeneuve
Please specify which one or the forum may just explode.
Old 28 Sep 2007, 16:28 (Ref:2025255)   #75
Bleu
Veteran

Finland
Espoo, Finland
Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rosberg should have used same engine as he did in Spa, but they found a problem in the engine so they changed. So he will start tomorrow with new engine.