Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 2 Jun 2023, 18:06 (Ref:4159363)   #851
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Having stayed with Travel Destinations in the past…. I’d say between their offerings, what can be had at the circuit (which is surprisingly good), and if you’re willing to head into town on the tram, you really should only need some light snacks. Think you’ll be alright without having to go to too much effort.
Old 2 Jun 2023, 19:58 (Ref:4159380)   #852
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone know where it is, or indeed ever heard of gray F parking? Asking for a friend.
Old 2 Jun 2023, 20:20 (Ref:4159387)   #853
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Having stayed with Travel Destinations in the past…. I’d say between their offerings, what can be had at the circuit (which is surprisingly good), and if you’re willing to head into town on the tram, you really should only need some light snacks. Think you’ll be alright without having to go to too much effort.
A small point, the trams are quite a walk from the TD glamping area, which is/was next to BSJ.

The circuit buses don't run until Saturday IIRC.
Old 2 Jun 2023, 20:35 (Ref:4159392)   #854
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr View Post
Anyone know where it is, or indeed ever heard of gray F parking? Asking for a friend.
I saw a suggestion that 'F' meant 'Full Week' with there being another code for weekend only tickets.

No idea where 'Grey' is, the main carparks seem to be blue or red on the map.
Old 2 Jun 2023, 20:46 (Ref:4159394)   #855
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
I saw a suggestion that 'F' meant 'Full Week' with there being another code for weekend only tickets.

Good call mate, i suspect you're right with the F part.
Old 2 Jun 2023, 20:54 (Ref:4159396)   #856
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think we are sliding off topic and into the very chatty conversations now
Old 2 Jun 2023, 21:20 (Ref:4159399)   #857
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We are indeed. I'll prune the thread out when I get back from Le Mans.... People can chat now in full knowledge that it will all soon disappear...
Old 2 Jun 2023, 21:21 (Ref:4159400)   #858
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post

I suggested it on PH as well as '3J' perhaps meaning '3 Jours' (3 days) on the Panorama parking tickets.
Old 5 Jun 2023, 08:54 (Ref:4159953)   #859
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I suggested it on PH as well as '3J' perhaps meaning '3 Jours' (3 days) on the Panorama parking tickets.
I am certainly hoping 3J means 3 days on my Expo sticker ... I think the coming days will be a voyage of discovery - not least for the ACO ...

Mind you that Camaro sounds good past the pits ... you'll hear that from any of the car parks !
Old 5 Jun 2023, 19:17 (Ref:4160119)   #860
d23
Rookie

d23 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Question mostly to those at the track already: how does the ticket scanning process go? Do we need anything aside from the ticket (like ID?)

I have tickets and I attached names to them several months ago. However, one person dropped out and I could not change the name to a newly "recruited" person on the ticket. Even contacted the ticket office, and their info was that no ID is necessary, but I'd like to know for 100% before we arrive to Le Mans.
Old 5 Jun 2023, 19:50 (Ref:4160120)   #861
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Someone elsewhere suggested that in theory you need to carry id on you in public in France anyway.

Lots of tickets have the wrong name on them, so I can't see them being able to enforce anything.

It seems there is random checking of race tickets at campsite entry/exit points - even the off site ones - so it is probably best to carry your tickets at all times away from your site.
Old 5 Jun 2023, 20:37 (Ref:4160125)   #862
d23
Rookie

d23 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, I do not mind carrying the ID, I am worried that we won't be able to get in because of wrong name of the ticket. I'd love to know if someone who was at the test day on Sunday had to show ID at the gate to confirm the identity on the ticket?
Old 5 Jun 2023, 20:43 (Ref:4160126)   #863
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They must just scan QR codes or other code - majority of tickets have no names and can’t see anywhere that transfers etc not valid, our group doesn’t have names assigned to tickets on ACO or ticket office site
Old 5 Jun 2023, 21:09 (Ref:4160134)   #864
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
I shall need to study that!
Old 5 Jun 2023, 21:10 (Ref:4160135)   #865
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by d23 View Post
Yes, I do not mind carrying the ID, I am worried that we won't be able to get in because of wrong name of the ticket. I'd love to know if someone who was at the test day on Sunday had to show ID at the gate to confirm the identity on the ticket?
I was with James this evening and he made no mention at all of proving identity to get into the circuit on test day.
Old 6 Jun 2023, 04:44 (Ref:4160153)   #866
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I was with James this evening and he made no mention at all of proving identity to get into the circuit on test day.
Yep, I've seen nobody asked for ID, the only time ID was requested was at scrutineering when I picked up my member's wristband for the member's areas. Me, I keep my driver's licence in my wallet, so have ID if I need it...assuming I don't lose my wallet.
Old 6 Jun 2023, 04:49 (Ref:4160154)   #867
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
That's basically the route we've always taken (in recent years) when leaving the Arnage enclosure, but in reverse. I'm wondering if they might divert/allow cyclists and pedestrians along the old road, for safety.
Old 6 Jun 2023, 15:49 (Ref:4160240)   #868
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Michel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMichel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Be careful if you park your car at free parking at downtown of Le Mans (quai Louis Blanc, beside Roman wall)

A glass of my car have been fractured this afternoon
Despite of many pedestrians and others cars in the area
According the police, robbers are particularly active during the 24h event
Old 6 Jun 2023, 15:52 (Ref:4160241)   #869
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bad luck Michel, but thank you for the advice.
Old 6 Jun 2023, 19:42 (Ref:4160285)   #870
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That is bad luck, something we always dread.
Old 7 Jun 2023, 16:54 (Ref:4160484)   #871
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
For anyone planning to return to Calais, worth noting that there's a tall ships event in Rouen from 8th to 18th June already causing traffic jams in the area. armada.org/en
Best avoid Rouen and return via Yvetot
Old 7 Jun 2023, 21:20 (Ref:4160609)   #872
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
FYI - Two of our party arrived today with re-downloaded tickets to hand. Apparently the "new" QR codes didn't work and they now have completely new tickets ...
Old 12 Jun 2023, 14:53 (Ref:4163352)   #873
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
For anyone planning to return to Calais, worth noting that there's a tall ships event in Rouen from 8th to 18th June already causing traffic jams in the area. armada.org/en
Best avoid Rouen and return via Yvetot
We toom usual route via rouen ring road home after the race and trafic ws much lighter than normal, got to eurotunnel just after 9.30 even with a 45 munite stop for food/fuel at bernay
Old 12 Jun 2023, 18:28 (Ref:4163413)   #874
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
We toom usual route via rouen ring road home after the race and trafic ws much lighter than normal, got to eurotunnel just after 9.30 even with a 45 munite stop for food/fuel at bernay
Glad you got home quickly and safely Simon. My warning was really aimed at those travelling today, as most HGVs are banned from travelling in France on Sundays, making traffic lighter.
I don't know what your exact route home is, but assuming you use the signposted route via the Cow Roundabout to the Pont Mathilde (D18e), there was a mile of stationary traffic on that road northbound queuing to cross the Seine earlier today.
Old 13 Jun 2023, 12:40 (Ref:4163515)   #875
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Just so everyone knows, I will be seriously 'purging' this thread of chat over the next few days.