Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 27 Jun 2023, 14:20 (Ref:4165680)   #4576
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Or it could be the announcement of an IMSA P2 campaign.
Old 27 Jun 2023, 18:59 (Ref:4165704)   #4577
KlBD
Racer

KlBD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe it's just me but I'm having a hard time figuring out what that DSC article means. The privately funded engine development program makes sense, but who would design/build/operate the car for it to run in?
Old 28 Jun 2023, 00:17 (Ref:4165729)   #4578
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlBD View Post
Maybe it's just me but I'm having a hard time figuring out what that DSC article means. The privately funded engine development program makes sense, but who would design/build/operate the car for it to run in?
It sounded more like it's a fully funded program that is developing the engine as part of it than just a funded engine
Old 28 Jun 2023, 01:19 (Ref:4165732)   #4579
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
More seriously, I hope this comes to be and the people looking after the road and track versions get to work on this program.
So am I…….
Old 28 Jun 2023, 01:27 (Ref:4165733)   #4580
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let's just hope it happens, this car with that V12 would make the WEC perfect!!!!
Old 28 Jun 2023, 03:56 (Ref:4165739)   #4581
KlBD
Racer

KlBD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
It sounded more like it's a fully funded program that is developing the engine as part of it than just a funded engine

Okay, appreciate the reply! looks like I was coming at it from the wrong angle, then.
Old 28 Jun 2023, 10:46 (Ref:4165760)   #4582
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
We'll just have to wait and see on this one. I've seen enough projects that have been rumoured or planned that haven't come to fruition
Old 29 Jun 2023, 21:46 (Ref:4165892)   #4583
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not that Le Mans needs any help getting people through the gates right now but Alonso in a Valkyrie would get some attention...
Old 30 Jun 2023, 08:24 (Ref:4165918)   #4584
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Not that Le Mans needs any help getting people through the gates right now but Alonso in a Valkyrie would get some attention...
Yes, I would definitely love to see that
Old 30 Jun 2023, 11:30 (Ref:4165932)   #4585
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And I know the perfect person to be his #1 mechanic. In case anyone is interested, my son will be at the FOS with what he calls 'his' Valkyrie.
Old 30 Jun 2023, 12:25 (Ref:4165942)   #4586
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's the difference between mums and dads...
She'll just try to get you a job to get you out of the house, whereas dad will try to get you started on your career.
Good work, Asye. And good luck to the young man.
Old 30 Jun 2023, 12:59 (Ref:4165944)   #4587
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by veeten View Post
That's the difference between mums and dads...
She'll just try to get you a job to get you out of the house, whereas dad will try to get you started on your career.
Old 30 Jun 2023, 18:14 (Ref:4165989)   #4588
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
And I know the perfect person to be his #1 mechanic. In case anyone is interested, my son will be at the FOS with what he calls 'his' Valkyrie.
Is anyone else going to FOS?
Old 4 Jul 2023, 20:31 (Ref:4166753)   #4589
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Not me. I was happy to volunteer to steward again but they wanted people to do all four days and at my age, with the 5 am start each day and the long trek in to the car park and out again each day, it's just too much like hard work - even for a free afternoon.

But I did get there on Friday after all - courtesy of my son.....

Last edited by Aysedasi; 15 Jul 2023 at 11:23.
Old 15 Jul 2023, 09:55 (Ref:4168491)   #4590
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Had 2 great days at FOS with a roving stand pass yesterday to avoid all the rain. 20 or 22 LM winners on program

Saw the 3 Valkyrie’s lined Uk and running a few times - lovely cars. Did see a couple of empty spaces for Old and new Vantage GTE’s so not sure if they made trip.
Old 15 Jul 2023, 11:22 (Ref:4168496)   #4591
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
You would have seen my son there then.....
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3549s.jpg   IMG_3550s.jpg  
Old 16 Jul 2023, 00:23 (Ref:4168562)   #4592
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, as Geely will have up to 17% of shares of Aston Martin stock, and the possibility of leaving Formula1, where does this leave their present GT program?
Old 17 Jul 2023, 21:58 (Ref:4168827)   #4593
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
Present GT program is pretty much rock bottom at the moment - only 2 cars at Monza and main AMR supported entry not there.

GT3 debut was 2018

Thought they were all full on for F1 - although AML company has not share of ownership of F1 team
Old 18 Jul 2023, 14:24 (Ref:4168910)   #4594
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
... and with one team changing to Corvette for next season, they will have to wait to see what shakes out as far as others weighing their options.

The F1 team was Stroll's , bought when they were Racing Point. AM were just sponsorship. When Lawrence announced that deal for Honda to supply power train tech, the writing was on the wall...
Old 18 Jul 2023, 15:12 (Ref:4168916)   #4595
S griffin
Veteran

Seems there is next to no interest in Aston's sportscars atm, but I guess that was inevitable. In some ways, it's amazing how Stroll kept the F1 team going, but then he had good backing behind him and look at it now. However there's guarantee the program will go on forever
Old 18 Jul 2023, 21:07 (Ref:4168960)   #4596
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
What’s the possibility of AM leaving F1

Can’t recall AM at Nurburgring 24 and other top GT3 races either
Old 19 Jul 2023, 12:01 (Ref:4169038)   #4597
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Once Lance can't run acceptably or Dad's money guys want out for a great profit or limited loss they're gonna split. But you could say that about any of the teams/sponsors. If Lance was done, the money guys saw a profit and Andretti had the cash I wouldn't be surprised to see a sale and the Aston name go away. But Dad Stroll does have to balance the guys who bought in at Aston with the guys who bought in at Racing Pointe, there is plenty of ownership overlap there but Aston the car manufacturer doesn't own but rather sponsors Aston Martin Racing the team.
Old 19 Jul 2023, 12:12 (Ref:4169047)   #4598
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The investment at the site is staggering, so I can't see him leaving that quickly, I would expect maybe Daddy S perhaps then pushing Lance into a WEC type deal with Aston, and let's face it that is a role and series they are far more affiliated with, like Audi and Porsche and now Toyota, Prodrive is still just down the road, still heavily involved with Aston, and I would like to think the two would partner up somehow, but don't know if the two main men get on or if Prodrive would want to get that into very high level world series again they appear to have a lot of stuff away fro racing going on thee days
Old 23 Jul 2023, 09:26 (Ref:4169515)   #4599
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
‘Sir’ Lawrence ? would make far more money from a sale of F1 team than he’s actually put in AML personally (he does have various Co investors in both) so can see that. F1 performance has peaked a bit but can see him riding out for 2023 and 2024.

Lance is better suited to the previous mid pack cars as there’s less spotlight on him.

Personally would hate to see either of them at a WEC track.

So F1 sell off and Geely buying out AMLGH plc stake would be good
Old 23 Jul 2023, 14:26 (Ref:4169538)   #4600
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don’t get the ‘Sir’ bit. I presume this is a jibe, but I don’t get it. I’m not that up on him though.

OT. Why not in WEC? I’m very skeptical and not that enamored with an Aston Hypercar after the messing around at the beginning of this rule set, but another entrant is another entrant. I guess the not wanting him in F1 comes from the whole waste Lance is a waste of a seat thing. Not that this is unusual in F1 really, but in sportscar the paddock is built on it.

But overall what’s the beef with him?