Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 14 Jan 2022, 14:07 (Ref:4093740)   #401
Steve McQ
Racer

France
Steve McQ should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSteve McQ should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSteve McQ should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What about sandbagging ?
Old 14 Jan 2022, 14:25 (Ref:4093743)   #402
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I am certain that Toyota will ensure that it is taken seriously.
No way Toyota will allow Peugeot to turn up with a non-BoP machine.
If they come to test day, the ACO will be able to collect some data on the car and would make the necessary adjustments before the race. But you're right, the other teams would voice their opinion on the matter.
Old 17 Jan 2022, 13:25 (Ref:4094131)   #403
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I will believe Peugeot will compete when I see them out doing an official test. It will be interesting to see how competitive the car will be first time out. I don't envy the ACO in this regard. Hopefully it all gets sorted out well
Old 17 Jan 2022, 15:11 (Ref:4094143)   #404
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
https://twitter.com/LindaJackson/sta...86982741962754

Some news or testing coming this week?
Old 18 Jan 2022, 10:11 (Ref:4094231)   #405
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Testing indeed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2022-01-18 at 10.09.10 AM.jpeg
Views:	19
Size:	158.3 KB
ID:	73291

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2022-01-18 at 10.09.11 AM.jpeg
Views:	22
Size:	201.5 KB
ID:	73292

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2022-01-18 at 10.09.12 AM.jpeg
Views:	18
Size:	337.4 KB
ID:	73293
Old 18 Jan 2022, 10:21 (Ref:4094232)   #406
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
This thing is either going to be incredibly quick, or an absolute flop.

Its a qweky design that has the feeling of the Nissan LMP1 or Delta Wing about it.

I still wonder if were going to see a wing on traditional tracks and it wingless for le mans.
Old 18 Jan 2022, 10:24 (Ref:4094233)   #407
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post

Its a qweky design that has the feeling of the Nissan LMP1 or Delta Wing about it.

I still wonder if were going to see a wing on traditional tracks and it wingless for le mans.
Because it's now a BoP class, it just needs to be ballpark and then it can be balanced up. I think it can be close enough.

It'll be a difficult car to balance should it not bring a rear wing, as it'll generate its lap time in a very different way to regular cars.
Old 18 Jan 2022, 10:57 (Ref:4094239)   #408
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Here is some wobbly-cam footage of it on the move!

https://twitter.com/peugeotsport/sta...c14ItFRRg&s=19
Old 18 Jan 2022, 10:58 (Ref:4094240)   #409
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post

that's impossible, only a single bodywork can be homologated.
Wonder what max speed 9x8 can get at the end of long aragon back straight.

PS from original 2021 summer model, it seems car got new side little wings above rear lights
Old 18 Jan 2022, 10:58 (Ref:4094241)   #410
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
https://www.dailysportscar.com/2022/...r-sebring.html

Some more details here from DSC. No Sebring confirmed by the team - nothing beyond that. I hope what they've put out on track works. Got all my fingers crossed for them.
Old 18 Jan 2022, 11:00 (Ref:4094243)   #411
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Short video:
https://twitter.com/peugeot/status/1...903445504?s=21

Press release:
https://www.media.stellantis.com/em-...-gain-momentum

...which finally confirms that no Sebring.
Old 18 Jan 2022, 11:06 (Ref:4094245)   #412
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
numbers pick is strange... they picked 93 because of LM win year and then 94.
Wouldn't be wiser to get 92 and 93? Since peugeot won both years.
Old 18 Jan 2022, 11:08 (Ref:4094246)   #413
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
numbers pick is strange... they picked 93 because of LM win year and then 94.
Wouldn't be wiser to get 92 and 93? Since peugeot won both years.
I thought exactly the same. Maybe Porsche have 92 locked up?
Old 18 Jan 2022, 11:18 (Ref:4094247)   #414
canaglia
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I thought exactly the same. Maybe Porsche have 92 locked up?

Stellantis managment already revealed to don't know history of their own brands...
Old 18 Jan 2022, 13:13 (Ref:4094267)   #415
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
that's impossible, only a single bodywork can be homologated.
good point well made
Old 18 Jan 2022, 13:15 (Ref:4094268)   #416
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post

It'll be a difficult car to balance should it not bring a rear wing, as it'll generate its lap time in a very different way to regular cars.
This is the part that fascinates me.

I hope it works a bit like the old Chevron B16 vs Lola T70 or Minis Vs Mk2 Jags

Some of the best racing exactly because they produce lap time on an almost polar opposite way.
Old 18 Jan 2022, 13:53 (Ref:4094272)   #417
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Am i missing something? I thought if you didnt run the whole championship then you are ostracized from the championship?
Old 18 Jan 2022, 14:08 (Ref:4094274)   #418
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom

Wonder what the final livery will look like?
Old 18 Jan 2022, 14:16 (Ref:4094277)   #419
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Am i missing something? I thought if you didnt run the whole championship then you are ostracized from the championship?
You didnt read the hidden watermark on the WEC statment

*Unless youre French and have money
Old 18 Jan 2022, 15:26 (Ref:4094289)   #420
canaglia
Veteran

I think debuting teams get some waiver for first season, ACO was harsh forcing glickenhaus full season with at least one car because it seems ACO now doesn't tolerate anymore teams entering WEC just to make LM and then disappear.
Old 18 Jan 2022, 15:47 (Ref:4094291)   #421
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think they get a bit of leeway missing Sebring for homologation or other concerns. I guess it's not technically you can only miss Sebring but who would race Sebring to lock in the car and then skip Spa?
Old 18 Jan 2022, 16:15 (Ref:4094294)   #422
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Stellantis managment already revealed to don't know history of their own brands...
What are you talking about? Based on the same logic they also can't do simple maths, since 9x8 = #72.

Last edited by Pandamasque; 18 Jan 2022 at 16:22.
Old 18 Jan 2022, 19:15 (Ref:4094315)   #423
GingerPixel
Racer

GingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see the Facebook/Twitter aerodynamacists are banging their hands against their keyboards again
Old 18 Jan 2022, 19:55 (Ref:4094319)   #424
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well maybe it's about time those keyboard aerodynamicists actually starting showing what they can do instead of just telling everyone. But they probably won't, because they can't
Old 18 Jan 2022, 21:11 (Ref:4094326)   #425
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Well maybe it's about time those keyboard aerodynamicists actually starting showing what they can do instead of just telling everyone. But they probably won't, because they can't
Indeed, let’s celebrate this project. It could end up like the Nissan LMP or it could end up like the Panoz, one was a flop, one gave us a national treasure, both were completely against the grain.

Proof will be in the lap time in a few months…can’t wait