Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 3 Jun 2015, 21:42 (Ref:3544723)   #226
cokata
Veteran

cokata should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Thanks.
Old 4 Jun 2015, 11:43 (Ref:3544871)   #227
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Which coverage will the main RLM guys be commentating on? Eurosport UK, or the FIA WEC official site stream?

Or another way to ask: Which of these will provide better coms?
Old 4 Jun 2015, 11:53 (Ref:3544874)   #228
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Which coverage will the main RLM guys be commentating on?
Neither, they'll just be on their own stream (via radiolemans.com or apps like 'tunein') or on FM at the circuit itself.
Old 4 Jun 2015, 18:49 (Ref:3544972)   #229
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Same info as posted here a few days ago regarding US/Fox coverage, but this time directly from the horses mouth...

http://www.foxsports.com/motor/story...chedule-060415

Richard
Old 4 Jun 2015, 19:02 (Ref:3544978)   #230
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Same info as posted here a few days ago regarding US/Fox coverage, but this time directly from the horses mouth...

http://www.foxsports.com/motor/story...chedule-060415

Richard
Loads of negative stuff in regards to that, but one real positive - Jamie Howe has been promoted to the actual booth for the first time! Congrats Jamie Though I now suspect she won't visit France but has to stick to some dark bunker in US, as FOX/SPEED comms are always done from home base and only the pit reporters get plane tickets for race day.

The only other good news is no Pruett for second year in running.
Old 4 Jun 2015, 20:53 (Ref:3544998)   #231
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I like Pruett and his Mul-slane pronunciation. So for us U.S. viewers who dont get fox sports 2, can we get a eurosport app over here? I would rather purchase that than the wec stream.
Old 4 Jun 2015, 20:55 (Ref:3544999)   #232
supermario21
Racer

supermario21 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsupermario21 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I like Pruett and his Mul-slane pronunciation. So for us U.S. viewers who dont get fox sports 2, can we get a eurosport app over here? I would rather purchase that than the wec stream.
Do you get FS GO? I think we might be able to watch the entire race on there even without FS2. I think you'd need a VPN to purchase the Eurosport stream, but there are always more dubious means for options, at least there were last year. I think we watched the whole race on a Eurosport stream even when it was on FS1 because most of the Eurosport commentators are much better.
Old 4 Jun 2015, 21:21 (Ref:3545003)   #233
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Comcast is my cable provider, it doesnt offer me fs2 or fs-go. I guess Ill be looking for an under the radar feed or hopefully somehow I can get the eurosport feed if not through purchase.
Old 4 Jun 2015, 21:56 (Ref:3545009)   #234
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
From MWM on FB -

Hindy John‎Midweek Motorsport Listeners Collective
For the avoidance of doubt, and please share this;

There is NO live TV or track video streaming from Le Mans that has Mobil1 Radio Le Mans commentary.

We are talking to several OEMs/teans about licencing our broadcast audio for them to use with "on board" video channels.

Anything you see or hear that says otherwise is either misleading you or stealing our broadcast without contributing to our service.

Thank you.
Old 5 Jun 2015, 02:44 (Ref:3545057)   #235
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Garbage fox sports coverage, last year I payed for the wec app and was able to watch the entire thing on it when not with fox sports.looks like I need to pay for the wec app again or hope for fs go to work.
Old 5 Jun 2015, 02:47 (Ref:3545060)   #236
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Comcast is my cable provider, it doesnt offer me fs2 or fs-go. I guess Ill be looking for an under the radar feed or hopefully somehow I can get the eurosport feed if not through purchase.
Comcast is xfinity,you should be able to log into fox sports go using your Comcast id and password.as long as you have fs1 you should be set.ihope.for both the both of us.
Old 5 Jun 2015, 10:54 (Ref:3545144)   #237
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
From MWM on FB -

Hindy John‎Midweek Motorsport Listeners Collective
For the avoidance of doubt, and please share this;

There is NO live TV or track video streaming from Le Mans that has Mobil1 Radio Le Mans commentary.

We are talking to several OEMs/teans about licencing our broadcast audio for them to use with "on board" video channels.

Anything you see or hear that says otherwise is either misleading you or stealing our broadcast without contributing to our service.

Thank you.
Bleh, that means needing to try and sync up the RLM Stream to the WEC one!
Old 5 Jun 2015, 11:31 (Ref:3545150)   #238
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
I would imagine that someone will have that sorted out for the race at least. Last year I think Cookie (from /r/WEC) had a synced stream, and someone from /o/ set one up as well.

If I'm not in theatre and I'll post the link here, if deggis doesn't beat me to it!
Old 5 Jun 2015, 14:37 (Ref:3545208)   #239
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As long as you're careful about what you post - Hindy is a member here and although he's not a regular poster by any means, it's clearly an issue that they are watching carefully.
Old 5 Jun 2015, 14:46 (Ref:3545211)   #240
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As long as the synced radio feed is gathered from their webpage, and generate a listener and a visitor on their page, there shouldn't be an issue.
However if the raw feed is gathered and set in sync, then it will be an issue, as this will mean less listeners and webpage views for RLM's counters. It is these counters which is the foundation for RLM's sponsors.

So, if done correctly, I support it. If not, then don't do it, as it can be harmfull for something which we all love.
Old 5 Jun 2015, 14:58 (Ref:3545214)   #241
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Gotcha, thanks for the reminders guys. On second thoughts I won't the link anyway - if it's like last year's stream it will have an unmoderated chatbox and I can't remember if it can be stopped/closed or not.

One of the more interesting side effects of the rising popularity of the WEC is that its race threads have migrated from /o/, which is pretty civil as far as 4chan goes, to /sp/ which ... isn't.
Old 5 Jun 2015, 16:02 (Ref:3545241)   #242
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What is /o/ and /sp/?

And why not just use the TenTenths chatroom and dedicated race thread here?
Old 5 Jun 2015, 16:15 (Ref:3545248)   #243
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
What is /o/ and /sp/?

And why not just use the TenTenths chatroom and dedicated race thread here?
Boards on 4chan (hopefully I don't need to tell you what that is) - /o/ is for anything automotive related, /sp/ is the same but for sports. As you have probably worked out by now motorsport threads can go on either board. With sportscars becoming more popular, more race threads are being started on /sp/ where curious F1/NASCAR/Indycar fans are more likely to join in.

If I get the chance I do plan on being here too, don't worry! But I like getting different perspectives from both inside and outside the community (even the Manchester United fan forum I'm on has a Le Mans & WEC thread this year) so I'll be across as many places of discussion as I can get away with.

Last edited by J Jay; 5 Jun 2015 at 16:20.
Old 5 Jun 2015, 17:48 (Ref:3545284)   #244
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
neiltbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can anyone in the US confirm the following: if you have FS1 but not FS2 in your cable package, will you be able to access the FS2-only segments via FS GO? Last year, I don't believe they made those available on FS GO if you didn't have FS2.

Secondly - how do I buy the WEC coverage? I can't see it anywhere on their site. If they don't offer Le Mans a la carte, I'm open to the season pass, but can't find that there either...
Old 5 Jun 2015, 17:56 (Ref:3545290)   #245
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by neiltbag View Post
Can anyone in the US confirm the following: if you have FS1 but not FS2 in your cable package, will you be able to access the FS2-only segments via FS GO? Last year, I don't believe they made those available on FS GO if you didn't have FS2.

Secondly - how do I buy the WEC coverage? I can't see it anywhere on their site. If they don't offer Le Mans a la carte, I'm open to the season pass, but can't find that there either...
You can either buy the WEC coverage through the Le Mans/WEC app or here:
http://members.fiawec.com/liveConnect Click on the "I want to sign up"
Old 5 Jun 2015, 18:05 (Ref:3545292)   #246
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
While searching for stuff I found this old bit... yes, times have indeed changed if that classified as "pretty good" 12 years ago

http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....74&postcount=1
Old 5 Jun 2015, 18:07 (Ref:3545296)   #247
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
neiltbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
You can either buy the WEC coverage through the Le Mans/WEC app or here:
http://members.fiawec.com/liveConnect Click on the "I want to sign up"
Will the FIA streaming work in the US e.g. won't be geoblocked?
Old 5 Jun 2015, 18:16 (Ref:3545302)   #248
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
While searching for stuff I found this old bit... yes, times have indeed changed if that classified as "pretty good" 12 years ago

http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....74&postcount=1
Believe me, it was!
Old 5 Jun 2015, 18:18 (Ref:3545306)   #249
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Haven't seen anybody claim that the regular WEC races had been blocked, not here or on Reddit, so very likely will not be geoblocked.

ps. Pretty proactive support: http://i.imgur.com/LP76FaL.png
Old 5 Jun 2015, 18:22 (Ref:3545307)   #250
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
As far as I know, it should work. But hopefully someone from the US with a subscription can confirm this.