Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 22 Oct 2020, 18:00 (Ref:4012014)   #326
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Auction on the road sign ended with no bids.

Keep those eyes peeled for a re-listing with a more realistic price...
Old 22 Oct 2020, 18:06 (Ref:4012016)   #327
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
Auction on the road sign ended with no bids.

Keep those eyes peeled for a re-listing with a more realistic price...
Item has been sold. Someone on here maybe? Ayse? Dave?
Old 22 Oct 2020, 19:20 (Ref:4012038)   #328
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Item has been sold. Someone on here maybe? Ayse? Dave?
Nope not me - just looked to see if it was there, but alas gone - so came here to see if Ayse dived in 😂
Old 22 Oct 2020, 19:57 (Ref:4012044)   #329
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
obviously some people have more money than sense, sign probably not legally obtained but hey stolen goods sure no one will mind
Old 22 Oct 2020, 20:00 (Ref:4012046)   #330
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There's absolutely no reason to assume that a disused 44 year old road sign would have been stolen.

And no, sadly I didn't get it. I don't have that much cash to throw around, sadly....

Edit - It looks as though the seller accepted a best offer.
Old 14 Dec 2020, 19:49 (Ref:4022967)   #331
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I see that McQueen's Tag Heuer Monaco watch eventually went for $2,208.000.....
Old 15 Dec 2020, 14:13 (Ref:4023070)   #332
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Big price but not really my sort of watch, rather complicated face and not an easy watch to live with, but people pay for the history and i doubt it will ever be worn, what a waste.
Old 15 Dec 2020, 15:39 (Ref:4023083)   #333
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Ah, as watches go, it's a thing of beauty. I have two of the Triumph Motorcycles versions (now unobtainable and very hard to find) and they're really smart.
Old 15 Dec 2020, 15:50 (Ref:4023093)   #334
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
As said not my cup of tea, i like a simple chronograph with single dial and ease of use, just because one of my hero's was paid to wear it in a film does not make it nice. Also he obviously did not like them as he gave all 6 away during and straight after the film and did not keep a single one so like me he did not like the look of it.
Old 15 Dec 2020, 17:06 (Ref:4023103)   #335
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I don't like it because a 'hero' wore it. It matters not to me. Aesthetically, along with the Daytona, I think they are classic beautiful chronos. I couldn't care less who wore it....
Old 15 Dec 2020, 17:31 (Ref:4023105)   #336
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Each to their own, but like mr mcqueen i like round faced watches, like wheels they work better that shape
Old 15 Dec 2020, 17:32 (Ref:4023108)   #337
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Er, yes. Matter of taste then....
Old 17 Dec 2020, 19:24 (Ref:4023475)   #338
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Le-Mans-W...-/313341312439

Not as cool as the Mcqueen watch, but still......
Old 17 Dec 2020, 19:32 (Ref:4023478)   #339
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post

Tom Kristensens autograph is there, but not mentioned...
Old 17 Dec 2020, 20:59 (Ref:4023501)   #340
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
wonder why they are selling?
Old 18 Dec 2020, 11:57 (Ref:4023604)   #341
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:

And not the most attractive item on their selling list - the 1982/83 signed 956 poster almost has me clicking on 'bid now'. Either way as Simon says, wonder why they're selling a clearly impressive collection.
Old 18 Dec 2020, 12:00 (Ref:4023606)   #342
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Autographs aren't as valuable as they once were as so many are available. eBay is stuffed full of signed photos and programmes. And those repro roadsigns can be bought quite cheaply. I bought another old ticket yesterday, as old as me - a stand ticket from 1957, and for a song....
Old 18 Dec 2020, 12:02 (Ref:4023609)   #343
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
And not the most attractive item on their selling list - the 1982/83 signed 956 poster almost has me clicking on 'bid now'. Either way as Simon says, wonder why they're selling a clearly impressive collection.
The Bamber models are pretty cool......
Old 18 Dec 2020, 12:08 (Ref:4023612)   #344
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Indeed, I got a few Bamber models and figurines on my sideboard, including Senna in a Camel Lotus, with him holding a Brazilian flag
Old 18 Dec 2020, 12:09 (Ref:4023613)   #345
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Very nice!
Old 21 Dec 2020, 17:42 (Ref:4024416)   #346
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I see that McQueen's Tag Heuer Monaco watch eventually went for $2,208.000.....
Is your decimal point off? If it went for just over two grand, damn, I shoulda bought it! But guessing that should be 2.2 million???
Old 21 Dec 2020, 19:46 (Ref:4024432)   #347
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes, you're right - but the three end 0's were the giveaway......
Old 21 Dec 2020, 20:42 (Ref:4024444)   #348
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The ACO yearbook 2020 and dvd is available from today. I have collected every one from the years I attended and will buy them. Looks like the book is only in French like in 1994.
Old 21 Dec 2020, 20:44 (Ref:4024445)   #349
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Understanding what it is and whose it was, that are ridiculous......

Especially considering the Miller liveried, ex-Holbert, Bell and Wollek (John Andretti also) driven, 1989 24 Hours of Daytona winning (don't know how many other races it won) 962 went for that amount at a Mecum auction.

I know on which I would have spent it.......

Last edited by jimclark; 21 Dec 2020 at 21:05.

jimclark
Old 23 Dec 2020, 08:27 (Ref:4024705)   #350
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
The ACO yearbook 2020 and dvd is available from today. I have collected every one from the years I attended and will buy them. Looks like the book is only in French like in 1994.
Correction, just ordered in english. I watched on TV, I think this year that counts as attending the 2020 race.